Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am really liking this game, very impressed with how it's been put together too. Yes there's some issues here and there, but overall it's a very impressive package.

I think more than most RPG's, I can find myself enjoying this one more due to it's solid mechanics. I just don't really enjoy a game if it still plays like s**t mechanically (Fallout/Skyrim types). While I'm still not around all the deep mechanics in this game, the combat is nice and easy to learn once you know what to favour and what not to do.

I also really like that every action from looting, to crafting to alchemy all has a point. You don't just have to do this stuff for some OCD need, it's more that you can do it as it has a meaning. Every flower and useless item collected will go towards something.

Still not too far in, mainly been exploring the ?'s on the map rather than completing story missions. But slowly moving things forward and still very much enjoying it.

My map of Velen is absolutely littered with ?s. Sometimes I spend 20 or 30mins trying to knock a few over (I get OCD in RPGs in needing to do EVERYTHING ... thinking this game might do my head in that regard lol) I'll get on a roll but then all of the sudden run into one being guarded by a skull mob or a gazillion drowners. In saying that, I'd still rather fight the Shrieker again on death march than run into another pack of drowners or water hag with some drowner mates. Those saying the Baron quest line is awesome, I agree (dat fetus), but the witch line with Keira was really long and epic if you follow on her secondary after it.

Last edited:

I got that bug where you get stuck at the main menu screen and it just says "please wait"

Apparently restarting the console fixes it, so tried that and sure enough it worked but I've lost my save file now which was part of the bug

This game was released with bad problems, absolutely pathetic considering it was delayed a few times.

I had the same problem and that method also fixed it, but I didn't lose my saves.

CD Projekts are aware of these issues and a patch should be coming soon, stuttering and frame rate issues have been the biggest ones, and for me they are holding me back from really enjoying this game that I was looking forward to.

Bloody hell, drowner and water hag combos are nearly impossible. If it's not the water hag throwing s**t and popping up behind you it is drowner doing that double leap. Can't seem to evade both.

just igni the s**t out of everything. it will put the drowners down allowing you to focus on the hag.

Also has anyone else faced the ancient foglet yet? * that guy.

just igni the s**t out of everything. it will put the drowners down allowing you to focus on the hag.

Are you playing on death march? Igni has diminishing returns so it won't drop a pack of them so once you get the burning debuff on one it will be near on immune the next time, and while dodging/rolling away from the drowners the slag is almost always sure to hit so half the time is spent blinded. Anyway, now that I've got a weapon with stagger, poison and burning, combined with quen (upgraded to stun and charge) I can get a bit of crowd control happening.

As devastating as these gwent hero cards can be as they can't be debuffed, they're no good if your tactic hinges on medics, decoys and spies. Thought I was going to smash this one opponent with my nilfgaard deck when I had 4 hero cards on the first draw. But that deck relies heavily on bond cards, so ended up going back to my northern realms deck with only 2 hereos, and managed to draw my spies which got me my bonds (8 power sieges) coupled with a horn and having a clear weather up my sleeve (foltest level 2 leader card).

If anyone is having trouble against a monster deck then load up a couple biting frost cards into the deck. Majority of monster cards are low power close combat muster cards. A good monster hand can load up 10+ close combat cards in like 3 turns, then if they play a horn you could be in massive strife. Nothing a biting frost can't deal with though :D play it last turn too in case computer has a clear weather.

Having trouble upgrading equipment with glyphs. Managed to do it once with a sword early on, but now every time I try if just says I don't have an available item slot despite having a bunch of equipment with empty slots in my inventory. Are certain glyph types limited to certain equipment or something?

Having trouble upgrading equipment with glyphs. Managed to do it once with a sword early on, but now every time I try if just says I don't have an available item slot despite having a bunch of equipment with empty slots in my inventory. Are certain glyph types limited to certain equipment or something?

Some are for armour, some are for weapons. It doesn't actually specify and I was wondering the same thing for a while. It appears glyphs that buff signs are for armour, and anything to do with combat (crit, burning, poison, staggering etc) is for weapons.

Some are for armour, some are for weapons. It doesn't actually specify and I was wondering the same thing for a while. It appears glyphs that buff signs are for armour, and anything to do with combat (crit, burning, poison, staggering etc) is for weapons.

Thanks. Weird that it doesn't specify what is compatible with what anywhere in the inventory screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm finding it hard to find quest that are on my level, everything seems to be about two or three levels above my abilities at the moment.

I'm only on level 4, anyone know what area are all the easy level quest.

I'm finding it hard to find quest that are on my level, everything seems to be about two or three levels above my abilities at the moment.

I'm only on level 4, anyone know what area are all the easy level quest.

Experienced the same thing and found it especially difficult on hardest. I assume at level 4 you're up to Velen? Start following the main story quest line, eventually it will break off to find the witch or see the baron. I prefer the witch line first because there are exp chunks at each step and you'll get a level or two. My ocd RPG self is twitching, usually I like to tie up every loose end before moving on with the main story but in this one it just isn't possible.

In this game you have to make your own way. I'm often finding something like level 7 wraiths guarding treasure right next to a level 13 bandit camp.

Are you playing on death march? Igni has diminishing returns so it won't drop a pack of them so once you get the burning debuff on one it will be near on immune the next time, and while dodging/rolling away from the drowners the slag is almost always sure to hit so half the time is spent blinded. Anyway, now that I've got a weapon with stagger, poison and burning, combined with quen (upgraded to stun and charge) I can get a bit of crowd control happening.

nah im now playing on blood and bones, but what build do you have?
my tip is to go had into signs, its very easy to get make greater blue glypths as lesser ones drop like its hot.
i'm currently sitting pretty with 125% sign intensity. you can cleave drowners at your level down to almost half health.

go deep into signs then use quick attack as a dump stat. also dragons breath is your friend, it does 300 fire damage at its basic but heres the really grusome bit, igni stacks on top of it, this means the they get 300 damage from the bomb, are willing to be brave you cast your igni within range of the,
300 fire damage, melt armour, igni sign intencity, add to that every sign you have active gives you a regen bonus.

at level 15 i can cast base igni to set off dragons breath lighting everyone up and 2 seconds be able to trigger the focused blast, which just turns drowners into loot.

of course this is where and why you stat dump into quick attack get in a few quick hits and get back. only roll if you have to as this "pauses" your regen while you roll, dogde doesn't do stop regen or if it does its not noticable. learn how to control dodge and you never need to roll away unless the enemy has a huge reach.

also always have a trophy which gives you 10% chance to dismember. that's on every single hit. if enemies are lower levels this seems to happen more frequently, you can see me one shot 4 guys in video i posted a few pages back.

also if your signing, forget rolling, rolling is your enemy, yarden is a god, get the alternative yarden, cast it where you stand it will block all projectiles from swamp bitch, and stun the drowners coming towards you, which you can follow up igni.

hold your ground and * s**t up!

edit: does not work against ******* griffions that ******* one shot you! my preffered tactic for those campaigners:

Last edited:
well this is ****ed.. anyone had problems with the get junior quest?? looking around the net seems it has a gamebreaking bug that I was lucky enough too get :mad::mad:

Easy to get overwhelmed in a battle and die quickly. Really have to pay attention to your surrounding because the *ers will get behind you.

Got destroyed by a bunch of midget things, was a nest of about 20.

So looking forward to playing the s**t out of this, just one more week of assignments (and an exam in June) and I'll be able to sink my time into this. Played the other day, beat the Griffin in White Orchard, explored the s**t out of that area (got smashed by the wraith at the cemetery many times), so now just looking forward to continuing the adventures of Geralt.

nah im now playing on blood and bones, but what build do you have?
my tip is to go had into signs, its very easy to get make greater blue glypths as lesser ones drop like its hot.
i'm currently sitting pretty with 125% sign intensity. you can cleave drowners at your level down to almost half health.

go deep into signs then use quick attack as a dump stat. also dragons breath is your friend, it does 300 fire damage at its basic but heres the really grusome bit, igni stacks on top of it, this means the they get 300 damage from the bomb, are willing to be brave you cast your igni within range of the,
300 fire damage, melt armour, igni sign intencity, add to that every sign you have active gives you a regen bonus.

at level 15 i can cast base igni to set off dragons breath lighting everyone up and 2 seconds be able to trigger the focused blast, which just turns drowners into loot.

of course this is where and why you stat dump into quick attack get in a few quick hits and get back. only roll if you have to as this "pauses" your regen while you roll, dogde doesn't do stop regen or if it does its not noticable. learn how to control dodge and you never need to roll away unless the enemy has a huge reach.

also always have a trophy which gives you 10% chance to dismember. that's on every single hit. if enemies are lower levels this seems to happen more frequently, you can see me one shot 4 guys in video i posted a few pages back.

also if your signing, forget rolling, rolling is your enemy, yarden is a god, get the alternative yarden, cast it where you stand it will block all projectiles from swamp bitch, and stun the drowners coming towards you, which you can follow up igni.

hold your ground and **** s**t up!

edit: does not work against ******* griffions that ******* one shot you! my preffered tactic for those campaigners:

Already all over a sign build sitting on 2 greater blue mutagens based around quen, igni and axii (puppet), now working on a bit of alchemy branch for dots. On death march the enemies have more health and attack more relentlessly, so puppet has turned into an iWin button for packs along with quen explosion. Have a mate playing the difficulty down who has never played an RPG and every time I give him advice he ends up not needing it and is just zerging most stuff lol (except when I had to teach him about oils and upgrading signs). Death march is all about our survival and I regret spending my first 5 points on muscle reflexes since I was going to make a fleet foot build, as most of my attacks are dodge, heavy attack, retreat, unless it's a pack of humans where I have counter down perfect, and don't want to burn coins on a respec yet.

The shrieker was excruciating, packs of wraiths can be tedious, the werewolf in the contact might be able to heal faster than he can be dps'd when even a level or two higher with half decent gear, but I'll still rather fight any again than run into another pack of 4 drowners with a hag. I just run around them when necessary now. :p

Easy to get overwhelmed in a battle and die quickly. Really have to pay attention to your surrounding because the gooses will get behind you.

Got destroyed by a bunch of midget things, was a nest of about 20.

Haha, let me guess, the Nekkers near the Devil's Pit (where the big hideout of bandits are?)

3 or 4 are ok, but yeah a large number like that can be tricky. Definitely bad idea to get surrounded in this game.

Back