Multiplat The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Tales of a legendary card playing, camomile drinking adventurer

How do you feel about Gwent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Slept on it and got it 3rd go. That was intense. Changed up from dodging the red sword charge to parrying like I did the regulator teleport but it's still hit and miss whether you will 'pass through him' so you can hit him in the back, parry the blow and the boss gets stunned, or he hits you and likely stun locks you for a killing second blow.

I think I could have just done it on easy since I already have the death march trophy but that wasn't the point. I have a save just before the fight that I can load up on easiest for trophy, then go back to this main save and hopefully not affect any future difficultly related trophies.

Now that all the challengers are out it's pretty safe to call this GOTY now. Technically brilliant with an amazing world and story.

It will certainly go close, top three anyway.

Found a copy of this in Big W for like $30 so grabbed it. Haven't played a Witcher game before and I have heard good things about it so I can't wait to give it a try

If it's your first Witcher then don't make the mistake of going the hardest difficulties at the start...unless you're into hurting yourself.

If it's your first Witcher then don't make the mistake of going the hardest difficulties at the start...unless you're into hurting yourself.
Always start on normal. Have the belief that "Normal" is how the developers wanted the game to be played. "Easy" if you are not very good and "Hard" if you want a challenge

Found a copy of this in Big W for like $30 so grabbed it. Haven't played a Witcher game before and I have heard good things about it so I can't wait to give it a try

See you in a week. :p

As if there was ever any doubt. Got the expansion yet?
I've already smashed out hearts of stone - pretty damn sic. Cant wait for the bigger expansion due for release next year. Here's hoping Fallout 4 does similiar and brings out some wicked add ons too. Gonna be a tough call for GOTY between Witcher 3 & Fallout 4. Im probs leaning towards Witcher 3 - the open world, the missions, dialogue, free roam, GWENT. Just amazing game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is definitely GOTY for me. The key difference with this game and Fallout is that even if you were severely under leveled you could still defeat enemies with skill and other strategies (magic, bombs and oils) other than back tracking and shooting because i have a terrible weapon or because i have run out of bullets. An example of this was when i was level 12 came across 2 Wyvern nests they were roughly level 20-24 i think i decided to have a crack at killing them died the first time then it took me an hour and a bit to defeat both then the Royal Wyvern came out and that took me another 45 minutes (It ended up being a contract i think). Thats the part of the game that really sets it apart from Fallout, im level 13 in Fallout currently with s**t weapons and i have to run and back track across the entire map if i need to escape from something that is way to powerful for my character i cant beat that enemy with skill.

Not to mention i like the graphics and general gameplay better. This should be GOTY.

It'll be ******* horrible.

Have you ever seen footage from the TV show that was released years ago? It's hilarious.

I recently read the first book - it's excellent - and I see no reason why you couldn't make a compelling movie within this universe. Whether those involved are up to the task - or give enough of a s**t - is an entirely different question.

Still haven't finished this, have heaps to go. Can't remember any of the story or the buttons, so I might have to start again. But then I'll have to fight that ******* Griffen in the field again.

Played about 15-20 hours I think, maybe more.

Back