Suggestion Thread Searching

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey

I've been wondering if we could add searching to specific threads? For example, I want to find all of a particular user's posts in a thread to find something they said a few days ago, I search their name in a "Search Thread" place and I can find all their posts, or someone said something over 10 pages ago but I can't remember what page or who said it, I can search the thread for key words in what they said until I find it.

Is that, somewhat possible? And if it is, where is it?

Thanks for your time

Hey

I've been wondering if we could add searching to specific threads? For example, I want to find all of a particular user's posts in a thread to find something they said a few days ago, I search their name in a "Search Thread" place and I can find all their posts, or someone said something over 10 pages ago but I can't remember what page or who said it, I can search the thread for key words in what they said until I find it.

Is that, somewhat possible? And if it is, where is it?

Thanks for your time
This is a feature. (Sorry Jim Boy, you're wrong)

Go into the thread you want to search. In the top right hand corner of the page, we have a search bar. Click on that.

Under the 'Posted by Member' option, type in the username of the user you want to search for. Then, click the box that says 'Search this thread only'. Click search. You now have a list of all the posts by said user in the thread. You don't even need to enter any key words!

This is a feature.

Go into the thread you want to search. In the top right hand corner of the page, we have a search bar. Click on that.

Under the 'Posted by Member' option, type in the username of the user you want to search for. Then, click the box that says 'Search this thread only'. Click search. You now have a list of all the posts by said user in the thread.
Ahhh legend! Thanks :)

Ahhh legend! Thanks :)
You're welcome. I even made a diagram I forgot to post. Here it is anyway.

g00b9kb.png

Speaking of thread searching... is there any way you can search for all the threads made my one person? Cheers.

Speaking of thread searching... is there any way you can search for all the threads made my one person? Cheers.
Yep!

Go onto their user profile, click on the tab that says 'postings'
XZY249E.png

then click 'Find all threads by [user]
HBtlvrh.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back