Danny Cullen

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2012
South West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
OK peeps, this probably isn't the place to post this, but I am one behind in a national footy comp with a 50 inch plasma up for grabs. Thought I'd turn to the knowledgable purple army for some advice. I've gone:

Essendon (by 27 - decider game)
Geelong
Norf
Adelaide
Hawks
Freo (of course!)
The Good Coast (GCS)
Sydney
Bullies

Now I don't think that will get me that tele. Give me some serious roughies please!

Can you change tips mid-round? If Sydney beat Richmond, I'd go for West Coast. GWS not without a chance against the Bulldogs either.

Not in this one. They are locked away Friday.
Is there anything for second? Or winner takes all? Is there a tie breaker if you finish equal on tips (margin throughout the year?) if so, where do you sit?
I'm second by two, trailing by one, but miles behind on margin difference so I need to take two 'risks' to make first.
Has first just been tipping the favourites? or do they have a pattern? Who is their favourite team?
If you're going for broke and have to win, I would tip Port and Richmond if 1st just tips the favourites.

• Banned
Is there anything for second? Or winner takes all? Is there a tie breaker if you finish equal on tips (margin throughout the year?) if so, where do you sit?
I'm second by two, trailing by one, but miles behind on margin difference so I need to take two 'risks' to make first.
Has first just been tipping the favourites? or do they have a pattern? Who is their favourite team?
If you're going for broke and have to win, I would tip Port and Richmond if 1st just tips the favourites.

Its a school alumni thing, nationwide.

For mine, I'm 5 in front and get the grand prize of a $100 Myer voucher, which my kids will use anyway.

I'm sitting on 141. Some bloke from Mentone Grammar in Vic is on 142.

Winner gets the tele.

If you look at the betting odds for roughies the most likely this week would be Port getting up over us...
If you need to get two on up on someone picking the betting favourites then I would look at GCS over the eagles or maybe GWS over the dogs.

Unless I am 100% confident I never tip Freo - that way I either get my tip in consolation for a loss or the win for Freo.

OK peeps, this probably isn't the place to post this, but I am one behind in a national footy comp with a 50 inch plasma up for grabs. Thought I'd turn to the knowledgable purple army for some advice. I've gone:

Essendon (by 27 - decider game)
Geelong
Norf
Adelaide
Hawks
Freo (of course!)
The Good Coast (GCS)
Sydney
Bullies

Now I don't think that will get me that tele. Give me some serious roughies please!

I'm intrigued as to why you've picked Gold Coast. The Ducks are hunting for a spot in the 8 and the Suns have barely fired a shot since Gaz went down.

The obvious roughie is Richmond.

• Banned
I'm intrigued as to why you've picked Gold Coast. The Ducks are hunting for a spot in the 8 and the Suns have barely fired a shot since Gaz went down.

The obvious roughie is Richmond.

I reckon GCS want to give a last shout. Don't rate the slime anyway.

I'm seriously tempted to tip against us. I'll go wash my mouth out now.

Essendon to thrash Carlton. Carlton are cooked.

Eagles to do just enough against the Suns, they beat them earlier with Ablett, can't see the Suns doing enough to beat them without their key midfielder.

Sydney to account for Richmond, Richmond don't match up well with Sydney in Sydney, Swans will burst their bubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It depends on your situation. If you are leading then go favourites and it should average out anyway. If you are down one, then depending on margin you need to make up one (assuming leader goes all fav's).
So either Carlton v Essendon for upset. Carlton had an anomaly last week. This game they could just win. They would love nothing more than to beat the Don's after both clubs have ridiculed each other over scandals. Should be a cracker.
Next would be GC v WCE. Who knows here. GC hard at Metricon and WCE are good in patches on their day.
Dockers v Port. Hard to say without purple glasses but I will be deflated if we lose this one.

So not many people have tipped the 9 more than once this year. On statistics, this means that most people will not pick the 9 again. There will be 1-3 upsets. Pick the right one(s) you might become a hero. Be sure to put your GoPro on when tipping the round and post it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back