News Tom Lynch - RFA, Captaincy Rescinded

Remove this Banner Ad

Advice from a member of a club that has been a rabble for 36 years before winning a Bradbury premiership.

And how would you know what Richmond are prepared to offer? They have been into him for years and won’t let him go now, trade 3 of your premiership stars and get us a top 5 pick and next years first. Enough imagination for you ?
You do realise that the only reason we targeted him is because he was a free agent. If the suns were after a FA would you then just go and trade your good players for them? You are being unrealistic.
As for your Bradbury comment, if were so bad, why are we also favouites for this year? I have seen 6 flags in my lifetime so far. Good luck in seeing so many with your team.

You do realise that the only reason we targeted him is because he was a free agent. If the suns were after a FA would you then just go and trade your good players for them? You are being unrealistic.
As for your Bradbury comment, if were so bad, why are we also favouites for this year? I have seen 6 flags in my lifetime so far. Good luck in seeing so many with your team.
He is a RESTRICTED fa, the rules allow us to match and for a trade to be facilitated. If your mob Haven’t accounted for this that’s your problem. I for one hope we make you gut your premiership team to land him

You are rightly favourites for this year, (everything to lose) doesn’t change anything about the previous 36 years of being a joke or the Bradbury premiership.

He is a RESTRICTED fa, the rules allow us to match and for a trade to be facilitated. If your mob Haven’t accounted for this that’s your problem. I for one hope we make you gut your premiership team to land him

You are rightly favourites for this year, (everything to lose) doesn’t change anything about the previous 36 years of being a joke or the Bradbury premiership.
For a long time I was hoping the club would just match full stop. Wasn't that meant to be the point of free agency? giving the players the ability to look after their own interests as far as job security and money is concerned? We are offering that too. Match and let him leave as an unrestricted free agent in 2 years time, which again, was the point of introducing it.

This salary cap issue talk is ridiculous. We talk about 600K difference between min 95% that has to be spent and 100% cap. Suns had the youngest list so of course some young players have to be overpaid plus yes to keep them on GC.

You would probably agree that Suns planned for Lynch salary to be part of 2019 TPP. Conservatively that would be min 1M plus delisted players salaries and you already have 2M. So TPP drops already to 85%. Yes, some salary increases, but more players will probably go too. Also I don't know this year but Suns actually never spent 100% cap in the past according to Cochrane as Suns were not allowed by AFL (supposedly it hurt Suns when they tried to convince Howe to join them rather than Collingwood in 20015).

Besides pure speculations by press Dew in his AW interview this week was asked if Suns can match the offer. He chuckled and said 'it depends'. Complementary question was if the offer would be Lynch's current salary and Dew confirmed it.
I personally could not believe that the suns would be in trouble and thought its a media beat up but with some of whats been posted here and also some more information coming out regarding over payments/Injury payments plus excessive match payments as well as paying out contracts i can see how this would have occurred but its massive mismanagement.

Think this year off season will be a year of re setting and getting the club on track with better administration and a revamp of the football dept/coaches
To me the suns will no be moving on from everything negative and will be looking foward to a new improved and positive club

Take Pick #3 for Lynch and squeeze Richmond for what ever extra's you can get
Dispose of any negative players that dont want to be there
If May does not want to be there then give the Pies or the club he wants to go to an ultimatum top 10 pick he is yours
Trade your later picks along with the west coast pick to get a top 10
Go into the draft with 4 top 10 picks plus scott and academy kids and start the 2019 season with a new list and brand
It will take 2-3 years but will be a better place

I personally could not believe that the suns would be in trouble and thought its a media beat up but with some of whats been posted here and also some more information coming out regarding over payments/Injury payments plus excessive match payments as well as paying out contracts i can see how this would have occurred but its massive mismanagement.

Think this year off season will be a year of re setting and getting the club on track with better administration and a revamp of the football dept/coaches
To me the suns will no be moving on from everything negative and will be looking foward to a new improved and positive club

Take Pick #3 for Lynch and squeeze Richmond for what ever extra's you can get
Dispose of any negative players that dont want to be there
If May does not want to be there then give the Pies or the club he wants to go to an ultimatum top 10 pick he is yours
Trade your later picks along with the west coast pick to get a top 10
Go into the draft with 4 top 10 picks plus scott and academy kids and start the 2019 season with a new list and brand
It will take 2-3 years but will be a better place
Wouldn't mind having a crack at packaging Aaron Hall and pick 17 for a top 10, maybe ports pick 9

Wouldn't mind having a crack at packaging Aaron Hall and pick 17 for a top 10, maybe ports pick 9
Dont think port would be interested 'BUT' Great idea you brought up

North want Hall
North want Polec
#10 too much for Polec
Stale Mate

#17+ Hall to North
#10 to Gold Coast
#17 to Port for Polec

Dont think port would be interested 'BUT' Great idea you brought up

North want Hall
North want Polec
#10 too much for Polec
Stale Mate

#17+ Hall to North
#10 to Gold Coast
#17 to Port for Polec

Someone get the calculator out, does getting rid of Hall to move 7 spots up the draft into the top 10 equate to a good deal for us, to me it looks okay, the other two teams look okay out of it as well but I'm a nuffy so I can't work these things out.

Someone get the calculator out, does getting rid of Hall to move 7 spots up the draft into the top 10 equate to a good deal for us, to me it looks okay, the other two teams look okay out of it as well but I'm a nuffy so I can't work these things out.
Getting into the top 10 this year is Gold

If i was a suns supporter i would jump at that deal , Hall on his own would be around #30 in this years trade

If Gold Coast match (which i doubt, given whats come out of the club) i could realistically see us offering two first rounders - this years first and next also- and probably steak knives in the form of Lloyd/miles/bellis.

But realistically thinking about it, would pick 17-20 and given our current form, most likely a similar pick next year be enough to satisfy gold coast?

the way i see it, two late firsts are worth around pick 10ish and even with steak knives is not even close to pick 3.

not trying to be a smart arse, but i think it would be stupid to match and try force a trade.

pick 3 probably is slightly unders, but not by much.

But lets not forget, this is a player who wants out. He wont be forced to stay. He wont go to another bottom dwelling club who could offer better compensation than us.

If Gold Coast match (which i doubt, given whats come out of the club) i could realistically see us offering two first rounders - this years first and next also- and probably steak knives in the form of Lloyd/miles/bellis.

But realistically thinking about it, would pick 17-20 and given our current form, most likely a similar pick next year be enough to satisfy gold coast?

the way i see it, two late firsts are worth around pick 10ish and even with steak knives is not even close to pick 3.

not trying to be a smart arse, but i think it would be stupid to match and try force a trade.

pick 3 probably is slightly unders, but not by much.

But lets not forget, this is a player who wants out. He wont be forced to stay. He wont go to another bottom dwelling club who could offer better compensation than us.
If the Suns match it then up to the Tigers to find a way of getting two 1st round picks that the Suns will be happy to accept.

That will be the fun part

If the Suns match it then up to the Tigers to find a way of getting two 1st round picks that the Suns will be happy to accept.

That will be the fun part
if gold coast match and demand two early first rounders, tiges will walk

no way we would break up the core to get early picks

lynch isnt worth the ruin of the side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not arrogance. It's true. If you match and force a trade you don't get pick 3. If we had pick 3 you'd be demanding it for Lynch. There's no point giving you peripheral players. There's no point us trading good players to get one good player.

If we decide to match then this is exactly why, if you want a good player, you don't just get to say, "oh hey, we want that player and you guys will just have to cop it." There are checks and balances in place to avoid the top teams getting stronger whilst the bottom teams get weaker. The idea of going to the trade table is so that Richmond actually has to pay something back to the Gold Coast for their Restricted Free Agent and not just get a top tier player for nothing.

All of this whinging about Gold Coast getting concessions and allowances and Richmond supporters are sitting at the top of the heap having a whinge and being cocky because they hope that the AFL will come to the rescue and supply the #3 pick to the Suns to appease them.

We probably will accept pick 3 but we fair dinkum had enough of Tigers fans whinging about giving up pick 6 for Prestia. You know, the bloke who was one of the best players in a winning grand final side.

At the time, the overwhelming disdain sent from Tiger fans to our small band was palpable.

Now all the hand wringing about wanting to get the best free agent on the market only having to give up salary cap space? Spare me your empty thoughts for my club. You care only about your club, not mine. You do not care one bit what we end up with, only what you have to give up for Lynch.

If the Tigers offer Lynch a below market rate deal, less than we would have paid him by a fair margin, it would be madness of our club not to match. Madness. He will come cheap! And we would be following the rules. All good.

And if you think 1 top 5 draft pick will make a difference to us you have not been paying attention. It is amazing how much value people put on draft picks, right up until they are used. Then it is on to over-valuing the next set of picks. I blame the NBA where 1 star player can change a team. We have 22 who play each week, ffs.

Honestly, I would be happy if we match and force a trade, or we accept pick 3. We are on a long and winding road, lots and lots of steps to take. Plenty will go wrong (it always does), just need to get a few right. And those right steps might come at those Tiger picks, you never know. Plus, you know, a lot more fun in trade period if we match.

In what world would 2 pick 18s be better than a pick 3?

They're not, that's why you are going to need to shop around some of your players to get enough to satisfy us.

if gold coast match and demand two early first rounders, tiges will walk

no way we would break up the core to get early picks

lynch isnt worth the ruin of the side
Gold, no way your walking away. Thanks for the laugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back