News Tom Lynch - RFA, Captaincy Rescinded

Remove this Banner Ad

wrong and wrong again. i am not salty in the slightest about missing out on lynch or recruiting those players. and i didn't realise there was a minimum number of posts i needed per year to not be a troll! was just calling you out on your condescending trade discussion re Gold Coast. As i should do to a Pies fan coming here and suggesting, well, we have taken Lynch but don't worry, Josh Thomas will be a free agent soon and you can get him for 5 x 650k next year! in the meantime, maybe you can take Josh Smith, Tim Broomhead and a few others we don't need .. to keep things good between us.
Thomas can't be free agent as he just extend his contract to three year .

wrong and wrong again. i am not salty in the slightest about missing out on lynch or recruiting those players. and i didn't realise there was a minimum number of posts i needed per year to not be a troll! was just calling you out on your condescending trade discussion re Gold Coast. As i should do to a Pies fan coming here and suggesting, well, we have taken Lynch but don't worry, Josh Thomas will be a free agent soon and you can get him for 5 x 650k next year! in the meantime, maybe you can take Josh Smith, Tim Broomhead and a few others we don't need .. to keep things good between us.
*Cough* Cough*

Coming from a bloke on a dodgy account who's club is trying to move the contracted captain to his club on the board of the team that the said captain plays for

So tell us how you feel about May to the Pies (remember we can see your older post ;))

Common post on your real account - Grow some

Thomas can't be free agent as he just extend his contract to three year .

yeah i know.. was just trying to find a player of roughly similar standing to Brandon Ellis to make a point. he's the name that pies fans keep throwing up in our inadequate trade scenarios, based on nothing more than that he is a Queenslander

*Cough* Cough*

Coming from a bloke on a dodgy account who's club is trying to move the contracted captain to his club on the board of the team that the said captain plays for

So tell us how you feel about May to the Pies (remember we can see your older post ;))

Common post on your real account - Grow some

what are you on about? I can't control my club's trade discussions any more than you can control yours. I have said I don't think we should pursue May. Too expensive.... let's look elsewhere. And I have said all along I would rather retain Darcy Moore and De Goey if we would have to lose one of those to land Lynch. Because i say something you don't like i am on a dodgy account? Once again you are wrong.

what are you on about? I can't control my club's trade discussions any more than you can control yours. I have said I don't think we should pursue May. Too expensive.... let's look elsewhere. And I have said all along I would rather retain Darcy Moore and De Goey if we would have to lose one of those to land Lynch. Because i say something you don't like i am on a dodgy account? Once again you are wrong.
Yet you are here on a Tom Lynch thread ( with the player likely going to Richmond) from the Suns - What interest would a Pies supporter have in this thread ??

SALTY MUCH

Gold Coast not matching Tom Lynch with a sweetener trade - Corey Ellis and Miles for upgrade from pick 90 to 76 according to Brad Hardie.

More likely Miles plus pick 90 for pick 76[/QUOTE]

THE_GUN If it becomes a trade rather than compo there is no chance that you are only giving over your next 2 firsts. Please don’t push that old line, no one including you believe that.

You know you will have to trade out players to get us a top 5 pick.

Having said that I fully expect us to take the compo

THE_GUN If it becomes a trade rather than compo there is no chance that you are only giving over your next 2 firsts. Please don’t push that old line, no one including you believe that.

You know you will have to trade out players to get us a top 5 pick.

Having said that I fully expect us to take the compo
Its not a trade, Its a trade for the 2 Richmond player for nothing picks and Gold Coast dont match
Its the side deal that people have been talking about

Yet you are here on a Tom Lynch thread ( with the player likely going to Richmond) from the Suns - What interest would a Pies supporter have in this thread ??

SALTY MUCH

Gold Coast not matching Tom Lynch with a sweetener trade - Corey Ellis and Miles for upgrade from pick 90 to 76 according to Brad Hardie.

More likely Miles plus pick 90 for pick 76
[/QUOTE]
Did you listen to this?

If not do yourself a favour Hardie is a bumbling fool, has no clue how the system works. It’s worth it for the chuckles alone

Did you listen to this?

If not do yourself a favour Hardie is a bumbling fool, has no clue how the system works. It’s worth it for the chuckles alone[/QUOTE]
Yeah i did listen to it , Hardy is a fool but what he say's is the interesting part - Its the side deal aspect that i found interesting that people are now public with it.

Look we all know GC wont match and a side deal will take place

Richmond supporters - GC wont match and we get him as a FA
Suns Supporters - Want GC to match to stick it up clubs , But want the #3 instead
Other teams supporters - Want GC to match and no deal done and Lynch goes into draft Suns & Tigers lose

So just for the purpose of the debate you are saying you would prefer
2018 1st rounder #17/#18 which will end up being #23+ with F/S/Compo/PP
2019 1st rounder #17/#18 if Richmond are to be a better team with Lynch next year could be same range

So 3 x #20+ Picks or a #3

Poor Pies supporters - Looking extremely salty
I was referring to the above, perhaps I have misread but to me it reads like you are saying take pick 3 because otherwise it’s your current and next first rounders, am I mistaken?

Did you listen to this?

If not do yourself a favour Hardie is a bumbling fool, has no clue how the system works. It’s worth it for the chuckles alone
Yeah i did listen to it , Hardy is a fool but what he say's is the interesting part - Its the side deal aspect that i found interesting that people are now public with it.

Suns Supporters - Want GC to match to stick it up clubs , But want the #3 instead
Other teams supporters - Want GC to match and no deal done and Lynch goes into draft Suns & Tigers lose[/QUOTE]
You have been talking about this side deal for a while, perhaps you’ll get your way. Who knows?

You have been talking about this side deal for a while, perhaps you’ll get your way. Who knows?
Its the only way i see Gold Coast getting 'Extra'a' ontop of the compo pick #3 which in all honest is better than anything the suns would get from richmond.

But on a different look at it - Whats Lynch really worth if he was traded after the last 2 years he has had looking at it from an outsider view point
I would say a top #5 + a 2nd rounder or 2x top 10 picks with a 2nd rounder coming back

so if GC take the compo #3 the missing part is the difference of a pick or the value of a pick around #20-#25

Did you listen to this?

Other teams supporters - Want GC to match and no deal done and Lynch goes into draft Suns & Tigers lose[/QUOTE]

I think more likely:
Others team's supporters - Want GC to match and force Richmond to trade so they don't get even further in front of the rest. Richmond are the undisputed No.1 team for now.. of course all teams want to see them have to trade... and you would have wanted the same had he chosen Collingwood or Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the only way i see Gold Coast getting 'Extra'a' ontop of the compo pick #3 which in all honest is better than anything the suns would get from richmond.

But on a different look at it - Whats Lynch really worth if he was traded after the last 2 years he has had looking at it from an outsider view point
I would say a top #5 + a 2nd rounder or 2x top 10 picks with a 2nd rounder coming back

so if GC take the compo #3 the missing part is the difference of a pick or the value of a pick around #20-#25
The way I look at it from Dew Interview , I think Miles could be on his way to GC ,but no guarantee best 22 spot , as usual every players need to fight their way in, whether been more versatile or doing better than other in his prefer position .

Everyone is forgetting or ignoring the 4th option with Tom Lynch.

Option 1 is Tom nominates the club he wants to go to and the AFL deal pick #3 to Suns.

Option 2 is the Suns match the rival bid and force the other club to the Trade table.

Option 3 is that no trade is able to be made and Lynch nominates for the draft.

Option 4 is that no trade is able to be made and Lynch decides to remain for 1 more year at the Suns until he becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Everyone is forgetting or ignoring the 4th option with Tom Lynch.

Option 1 is Tom nominates the club he wants to go to and the AFL deal pick #3 to Suns.

Option 2 is the Suns match the rival bid and force the other club to the Trade table.

Option 3 is that no trade is able to be made and Lynch nominates for the draft.

Option 4 is that no trade is able to be made and Lynch decides to remain for 1 more year at the Suns until he becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent.
Don't think Dew gave that vibe . Well still there is possibility there .

Don't think Dew gave that vibe . Well still there is possibility there .
Dew mentions it every time he is interview, or at least explains the awkwardness. Mark Evans has been the same from the start. Granted, it is a small chance and purely academic, but it would actually be the best for all parties concerned. At least, it would have been had Lynch's contract actually expired the year he qualified as an Unrestricted Free Agent, which is what May and the other Foundation guys will be free to do next year when their contracts expire.

Dew mentions it every time he is interview, or at least explains the awkwardness. Mark Evans has been the same from the start. Granted, it is a small chance and purely academic, but it would actually be the best for all parties concerned. At least, it would have been had Lynch's contract actually expired the year he qualified as an Unrestricted Free Agent, which is what May and the other Foundation guys will be free to do next year when their contracts expire.
Signing a one or two year deal would have been smart - but Tom's not famous for smart

SALTY MUCH

More likely Miles plus pick 90 for pick 76
[/QUOTE]

Any side deal needs to be approved by AFL HQ
To make sure it is legit and reasonable for both partys.

They’ll know something is a miss within 1sec of the deal being lodged.

Then again, they let us trade pick 2 for Weller

Is miles for pick 76 really doing us a favour.

I mean he’s played 6 games in 2 years because he’s not good enough to get picked.

Isn’t that his value a low range pick?

Is miles for pick 76 really doing us a favour.

I mean he’s played 6 games in 2 years because he’s not good enough to get picked.

Isn’t that his value a low range pick?
Will come free, DFA from Richmond . Out of contract .

Any side deal needs to be approved by AFL HQ
To make sure it is legit and reasonable for both partys.

They’ll know something is a miss within 1sec of the deal being lodged.

Then again, they let us trade pick 2 for Weller[/QUOTE]

Its the Suns the Afl will just let this go through, They accommodated the cats getting #19 for Motlop so that pick goes to the suns to keep them happy
Miles & Ellis are no name players wont be an issue

Its the Suns the Afl will just let this go through, They accommodated the cats getting #19 for Motlop so that pick goes to the suns to keep them happy
Miles & Ellis are no name players wont be an issue
The Motlop compo was dodgy AF, but lubricated the deal and prevented the early retirement of the little weirdo. However, GUN, you are dangling these minnows that are quite likely to be delisted anyway. This side deal you speak of would need to actually be a player worth rolling over for. You say Jack Graham is a required player, despite him only cracking 20 odd games out of 40 odd since being drafted, but he is really the calibre required. We'd give you better than pick #53 too.

The Motlop compo was dodgy AF, but lubricated the deal and prevented the early retirement of the little weirdo. However, GUN, you are dangling these minnows that are quite likely to be delisted anyway. This side deal you speak of would need to actually be a player worth rolling over for. You say Jack Graham is a required player, despite him only cracking 20 odd games out of 40 odd since being drafted, but he is really the calibre required. We'd give you better than pick #53 too.
The thing about rolling over is that it should break an even deal , This situation is not even as the compo on its own is by far a better option than anything even remotely possible from Richmond - Its pick #3 not pick 20 like we would have got for Dusty or #19 Hawks got for Franklin
Its pick #3 for a player that barely been top 50 last 2 years but his potential at Richmond could be huge

As i mentioned on another thread if Lynch was not a free agent but just a player that wanted to leave he would be worth at most a top 5 pick + 2nd rounder or 2 x top 10 picks with a 2nd coming back as treloar got even Chris Judd in his prime was traded for a #3 + Unknown KPP (which luckily turned out to be a gun) and Lynch is no Franklin,Dusty,Judd or Dangerfield.

Graham has played every game since he has been available he didnt play early days due to being injured, I wouldnt trade him for #15 now
The kid is a true leader in the Cotchin mould.

Last year we wouldnt have matche the $1.5 mil deal north offered Dusty even though we easily could have as you dont want to keep a player that just does not want to be at your club and Suns wont match either side deal or no side deal i think the suns have moved on and just want to make sure #3 is what they do actually get and the Richmond offer gets them that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back