News Tom Lynch - RFA, Captaincy Rescinded

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers could also trade best 22 players to other teams for better picks if Suns match. Do you know when Suns have to get the Richmond contract offer to Lynch (how many days before trade period starts)? I believe teams have 2 days to decide to match or not.
Agree the Tigers would have to off load a couple of very good players to get a top 10 pick, god I hope this happens as it will destroy their culture.
Imagine forcing out a couple of best 18 premiership players to bring in a Kevin Durant. then handing over a top ten pick you got for them plus next years first and all of a sudden you have paid a massive price for raiding a minnow.
Love it, even if he went to the draft and Carlton picked him up that would be more satisfying then seeing him walk to the Tigers for nothing.

Tigers could also trade best 22 players to other teams for better picks if Suns match. Do you know when Suns have to get the Richmond contract offer to Lynch (how many days before trade period starts)? I believe teams have 2 days to decide to match or not.
Whilst you are technically correct there are probably only 4-5 players that would have anywhere near the trade value we are talking about and lets be honest no team is trading out a Rioli , Vlastuin , Martin , Short , Garham or Higgins and you never trade out your leaders in Cotchin,Rance,Riewoldt
The rest are either contracted and wont leave or have no currency so it would be an impossible trade. The only way 1 of these players could be involved is if GC could convince 1 of them to go to the suns.

Im pretty sure there is a free agency lodgement date which the 'Player Lynch's management needs to notify the suns of the offer and not Richmond'
But im pretty sure that both clubs know roughly what the offer will be most likely 6/7 year at around $900k-$1,000,000 and the compo will certainly be #3

Agree the Tigers would have to off load a couple of very good players to get a top 10 pick, god I hope this happens as it will destroy their culture.
Imagine forcing out a couple of best 18 premiership players to bring in a Kevin Durant. then handing over a top ten pick you got for them plus next years first and all of a sudden you have paid a massive price for raiding a minnow.
Love it, even if he went to the draft and Carlton picked him up that would be more satisfying then seeing him walk to the Tigers for nothing.

You do realise that would never happen and if it did eventuate the ramifications it would cause

* Aflpa would be up in arms and would most certainly be demanding the time frame for free agency be dropped to 4-5 years (which was their initial wish) and with the Afl being reluctant to implement this will certainly be encouraging the suns to deal with most likely PP the carrot

* If the free agency was to be lowered what would this mean to clubs like GC & GWS ?

* Also with throwing Lynch into the draft and losing #3 compo then the AFL having pressure from other clubs regarding PP given to GC and at the same time as tossing the compo pick away would be huge.

Whilst we all want our club to take a stand clubs just dont piss in the wind and usually work things out, Just my opinion and its only an opinion Suns will take the compo and have a side deal to give them the extra.

On the bright side there will be free agents coming to the suns in the next few years and with the talent already on your list i can see the suns climbing up the ladder very quickly (2-3 years) and being a top 8 team for a fair few years just need the core of the team to mature

You do realise that would never happen and if it did eventuate the ramifications it would cause

* Aflpa would be up in arms and would most certainly be demanding the time frame for free agency be dropped to 4-5 years (which was their initial wish) and with the Afl being reluctant to implement this will certainly be encouraging the suns to deal with most likely PP the carrot

* If the free agency was to be lowered what would this mean to clubs like GC & GWS ?

* Also with throwing Lynch into the draft and losing #3 compo then the AFL having pressure from other clubs regarding PP given to GC and at the same time as tossing the compo pick away would be huge.

Whilst we all want our club to take a stand clubs just dont piss in the wind and usually work things out, Just my opinion and its only an opinion Suns will take the compo and have a side deal to give them the extra.

On the bright side there will be free agents coming to the suns in the next few years and with the talent already on your list i can see the suns climbing up the ladder very quickly (2-3 years) and being a top 8 team for a fair few years just need the core of the team to mature

Hmmm it’s almosr like it’s to your advantage for us not to match......nah I must over reacting

At the very least we need to act like we ARE going to match and force a nice little side deal out of Richmond. Tony Cochrane is the right person for the bluff as he’s probably batsh*t crazy enough to match bid.

It’s still unfair that all the teams in the comp get bumped back a spot in the draft so that the best team can have lynch.

Make em at least nervous for a few days while we let Tony off the leash on radio, threatening to send lynch back to the draft.

At the very least we need to act like we ARE going to match and force a nice little side deal out of Richmond. Tony Cochrane is the right person for the bluff as he’s probably batsh*t crazy enough to match bid.

It’s still unfair that all the teams in the comp get bumped back a spot in the draft so that the best team can have lynch.

Make em at least nervous for a few days while we let Tony off the leash on radio, threatening to send lynch back to the draft.
For sure you do and rightfully so and i would expect my team to try to get a side deal also if the roles were reversed.

Only thing is that Balme is the best in the business and been around the block alot more than Cochran and will be very shrewed in what he will be prepared to give up and what he wouldnt.

More than likely the 2 clubs will or already have sat down and discussed this (cameron / Balme) at the airport is a good indication

I personally see a player trade happening between the 2 clubs either 1coming to tigers for overs or 1 to GC for unders

maybe even a pick swap of sorts

GC Out: #26 + #29 +#74
GC In: #18 +#36 + Miles / Lloyd / Townsend /Ellis / Menadue which ever GC are interested in

For sure you do and rightfully so and i would expect my team to try to get a side deal also if the roles were reversed.

Only thing is that Balme is the best in the business and been around the block alot more than Cochran and will be very shrewed in what he will be prepared to give up and what he wouldnt.

More than likely the 2 clubs will or already have sat down and discussed this (cameron / Balme) at the airport is a good indication

I personally see a player trade happening between the 2 clubs either 1coming to tigers for overs or 1 to GC for unders

maybe even a pick swap of sorts

GC Out: #26 + #29 +#74
GC In: #18 +#36 + Miles / Lloyd / Townsend /Ellis / Menadue which ever GC are interested in
I'd take Brandon Ellis and Anthony Miles at that price.

did many of you guys see on Fox, Nick Riewoldt when asked about the Lynch to Richmond deal smirked and said " I think its been done for quite a while hasn't it boys" as he was asked being cousins with Jack
It certainly appeared like it was at least over 12 months in the planning and closer to 18 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be Corey Ellis - Sorry should have put the C in the post, Brandon Ellis is a free agent next year that would be available free to a new team and would probably get a 4x $600k-$650k deal and reap a band 2 or 3
I knew you meant Corey... that was my way of saying of those listed i feel the only one with value is Miles, and even then that value would have been more last year than this year.
Still think B. Ellis would be a good get for the Suns

I knew you meant Corey... that was my way of saying of those listed i feel the only one with value is Miles, and even then that value would have been more last year than this year.
Still think B. Ellis would be a good get for the Suns
Free agent next year , With Tigers salary cap maxed out after Lynch & Martin he would be very very getable as a free agent
Extremely durable and would be a good fit and the suns having more cap space than north could be a smart get 5 years at $600-$650k

isn't the Gun so kind... always thinking about improving the Suns list with these Tigers titans at hugely inflated wages!

seriously, if matching and forcing a trade is on the cards there are players at Punt Road other than those fringe dwellers who will take you nowhere. Players that actually have trade value and their best in front of them such as Balta, Garthwaite, Naish and Bolton. One of those plus the Tiggers' next two 1st rounders would be close to pick 3...

isn't the Gun so kind... always thinking about improving the Suns list with these Tigers titans at hugely inflated wages!

seriously, if matching and forcing a trade is on the cards there are players at Punt Road other than those fringe dwellers who will take you nowhere. Players that actually have trade value and their best in front of them such as Balta, Garthwaite, Naish and Bolton. One of those plus the Tiggers' next two 1st rounders would be close to pick 3...
It's all tolerable because he's not abusive or nasty- and at the end of the day the Club doesn't even know what's being written on Bigfooty let alone care less
It's fantasy drafting but people take it so seriously!

I would prefer they gut their premiership side by trading out quality players to other Melb clubs to get us a top 5 pick and their first this year

All of a sudden the Tigers conversation becomes is he worth it rather than look what we get for free, who are we raiding next year

I would prefer they gut their premiership side by trading out quality players to other Melb clubs to get us a top 5 pick and their first this year

All of a sudden the Tigers conversation becomes is he worth it rather than look what we get for free, who are we raiding next year

I hear you. I dislike free agency intensely for one reason: the creation of compensation picks from thin air that hurts every other club others than those involved in the actual deal.

I fully expect GC to take the compo but I want to see a match simply to see the Tigers asked.. well, you wanted Tom Lynch so badly, so let's see how badly you really wanted him! and so do 16 other clubs. Worst case scenario, you have an extra (late) first-rounder each of the next 2 years.

I hear you. I dislike free agency intensely for one reason: the creation of compensation picks from thin air that hurts every other club others than those involved in the actual deal.

I fully expect GC to take the compo but I want to see a match simply to see the Tigers asked.. well, you wanted Tom Lynch so badly, so let's see how badly you really wanted him! and so do 16 other clubs. Worst case scenario, you have an extra (late) first-rounder each of the next 2 years.

I really shouldnt reply to alternative troll accounts that were created 12 years ago with less than 50 posts per year but i will on this occasion just to humour you.

Looks like somebody is really disappointed that a collingwood supporter with a mad collingwood family thats supposedly bleeds pies has decided that thats not where he wants to play.

You mention players like Garth (rookie selection) Balta was a #25 Naish #34 and Bolton #29 from weaker drafts along with our 2 x 1st rounders to be a better pick than #3

So just for the purpose of the debate you are saying you would prefer
2018 1st rounder #17/#18 which will end up being #23+ with F/S/Compo/PP
2019 1st rounder #17/#18 if Richmond are to be a better team with Lynch next year could be same range

So 3 x #20+ Picks or a #3

Poor Pies supporters - Looking extremely salty

I think you probably dislike free agency for other reasons
$600x 3 years for wells
$500k x 4 years Mayne

Missing out on Lynch

I really shouldnt reply to alternative troll accounts that were created 12 years ago with less than 50 posts per year but i will on this occasion just to humour you.

Looks like somebody is really disappointed that a collingwood supporter with a mad collingwood family thats supposedly bleeds pies has decided that thats not where he wants to play.

You mention players like Garth (rookie selection) Balta was a #25 Naish #34 and Bolton #29 from weaker drafts along with our 2 x 1st rounders to be a better pick than #3

So just for the purpose of the debate you are saying you would prefer
2018 1st rounder #17/#18 which will end up being #23+ with F/S/Compo/PP
2019 1st rounder #17/#18 if Richmond are to be a better team with Lynch next year could be same range

So 3 x #20+ Picks or a #3

Poor Pies supporters - Looking extremely salty

I think you probably dislike free agency for other reasons
$600x 3 years for wells
$500k x 4 years Mayne

Missing out on Lynch

wrong and wrong again. i am not salty in the slightest about missing out on lynch or recruiting those players. and i didn't realise there was a minimum number of posts i needed per year to not be a troll! was just calling you out on your condescending trade discussion re Gold Coast. As i should do to a Pies fan coming here and suggesting, well, we have taken Lynch but don't worry, Josh Thomas will be a free agent soon and you can get him for 5 x 650k next year! in the meantime, maybe you can take Josh Smith, Tim Broomhead and a few others we don't need .. to keep things good between us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back