Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone explain what the point of differentiating between free agents, restricted free agents etc is. Correct me if i'm wrong but T.Mitchell is not a free agent. He wants out? **** him off to whoever offers us the best trade for our needs. He can take his request for Hawthorn and shove it.

genuinely don't get the level of angst here. It's been obvious he was going forever and if we haven't planned for this I'd be absolutely shocked.

We made a choice to go for buddy and Tippett and they've actually been pretty good and we've gone close to grabbing a couple of flags. I don't mind the opportunity to look at some newish talent provided kinnear doesn't select some nuffie.

And you know we might grab a Blakekey because of the academy out of the hands of the lions and/or north.

I agree, the moment we signed Buddy we signalled to the rest of the comp that we weren't afraid to be ruthless in order to get our man, so we shouldn't be shocked to see this happen.

It's a blow, there's no doubt about that, but now it's up to Kinnear and his team to make the best of the situation.

Richards retires
McGlynn retires
Dericx retires
Mitchell traded out

Yet we have no cap room.

Hawks sign Vickery
Chase JOM
Chase Mitchell

Yet have cap room

Never change Bigfooty

Tippetts contract went up 6 million dollars next season from memory

Tippetts contract went up 6 million dollars next season from memory
No wonder we are losing mitchell, I mean with Tippett on that much much money and Buddy already on 10 million dollars what else did we expect? We should count ourselves lucky for not coping a trade ban for breaching the cap.

Before the St Kilda nonsense continues, can anyone give a single example of a player agreeing to go to a club other than the one he had nominated because they offered a better trade?

Not despairing, its been slim odds he would stay since it was put on hold then we signed everyone else. Its footy, players leave.
Let it be a lesson to us all, that we should have known with previous history, that if a player doesn't sign a contract that has been put in front of him before the half way mark of the season, then lets not all lose too much energy, especially myself, on posting about how he will stay & why he may not have signed yet.
This never had anything to do with us not having enough money. As mentioned plenty of times we keep him if we think he is worth it. I think there definitely was a breakdown in the relationship between Tom & Horse. Players want some respect I guess & we kept Tom in the twos for a whole year & he missed his chance to play in the 2014 GF. He would have had every Tom (himself), Dick (Hiscox) & Harry (Marsh) telling him he should be playing seniors ahead of this bloke or that bloke.

So from Tom & his family's end, why should he put up with that when he would have been better appreciated here near his family, by about 8 other clubs?
Tom knuckled down & did the hard work but it unfortunately seems the last smack in the face was the lack of a good contract in front of him.

You know what?
I don't have any grudges against the kid because if he was my son, I would have had him back a few years ago.
Good luck to Tom. No luck to Hawthorn. Hopefully Tom is their highest paid player by a mile!

Last edited:
We have a genuine bid here. Now we'll see if Tom refuses to take a quality offer that is good for Sydney and tries to make us bend over and take tasblescraps from his illegally "nominated" club.

But at least we're putting a floor under whatever tbe Hawks have to come up with now.

Ps: Saints are on the up, Tom. ;)

Ok.......can we swap Mitchell for Delodio.....Geelong don't have anything the Tigers want, his work off halfback is elite, and he is looking for success..........

No wonder we are losing mitchell, I mean with Tippett on that much much money and Buddy already on 10 million dollars what else did we expect? We should count ourselves lucky for not coping a trade ban for breaching the cap.
.....and given the amount of cap space losing Bud created for Hawthorn, he must have taken a cut to come here....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before the St Kilda nonsense continues, can anyone give a single example of a player agreeing to go to a club other than the one he had nominated because they offered a better trade?

Des Headland? (clutches at straws)

Sorry for interrupting lads but if I remember correctly Billy Longer wanted to be a hawk but then the Saints got him after the Hawks got Big Boy

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ding-at-st-kilda/story-fni5f9q3-1226747085501

Doubt we'll get Titch but hey we can at least be campaigners and get you a decent deal :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back