Past Tom Mitchell - AFL MVP, Dual AA Rover, B&F Winner, 2018 Brownlow Medallist - traded for pick 14 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Pardon the intrusion, but would others on here agree that Hawks pick 14 + 2nd rounder (this year or next) for Mitchell would be acceptable?
I will need to confer, after all the Swans do not make a decision until they have discussed it first with all of us here on Big Footy.

I see your point but I think he can only do so much with the players he's dealing with. Our lack of speed is obvious, so he can't formulate an attacking game-plan like Adelaide or GWS. We have some strong contested mids, so he's based our game around that. The only issue is that in the GF we went up against the only side better in that area than us (and the Bulldogs had the extra speed we didn't). But Horse is really good at squeezing the best out of his players. I can only think of a few who have just dwindled in quality a la Ross Lyon's Dockers (Jetta, maybe Reid, maybe Tippett, maybe Cunningham)
Funny thing is that this game plan would have been successful had the umpires not be corrupt or incompetent.

14656327_1232266363460662_1860877013378426425_n.jpg
The Aints will become the Saints next year if they can get him. They'd have a pretty good team list :-(

The only player I'd take in a straight swap would be smith.

If it gets done with picks I'd hope for a something in the top 10, as it stands I don't think 14 is high enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[
In hindsight, the club really stuffed up with sinclair...obviously didnt judge naismiths development well enough.

400k for a ruck we dont need

WTF? In the GF we were crying out for someone to clunk a few marks out of defence on the 50. Same in attack when Tippet was in the ruck (where he is bloody good).
Naismath did well for a 3rd stringer over his time in the team, but I lost count of his 'taps to disadvantage' in the GF. The Dogs had him completely figured out.
Hopefully in next year's GF Sinclair and Reid are back in along with our No. 10 draft pick with speed.
And hopefully the AFL decide to stop handing out premierships by officiating.

So I look at situations like this in fairly simple black and white - or in this case Red & White - terms. On the one hand he's a young man who has every right to maximise his financial rewards in any way he sees fit. We apparently offered him below market rates so he's gone elsewhere for a bigger payday. And good luck to him. Others have done similar and come to us for more pay or better opportunities and we applaud them, he's just going in the opposite direction. All very logical stuff.

However, I laugh at that logic and dismiss it out of hand. The little piece of crap has walked out on my club, the mighty Red & White, to join one of our greatest rivals. So f*ck him, up yours Mitchell, take your dollars and shove them fair up ya clacker! P*ss off and as per the 99.9% of other players who choose to walk out on this great club, you're now dead to me.

Ahem, phew, that's better :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back