Tom Scully's father offered $680k job in November 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Tom's dad has been given a job as a recruiter for GWS and being paid $680,000 !! insane. Scull will be earning shitloads aswell, their family will have $100 notes as their carpet.

No-one's manipulated any system as far as I can see.
s**t sides that lost a lot were meant to get early picks. Tick.
The GWS were meant to sign players. Tick.

This is just the system bending you all over.

No-one's manipulated any system as far as I can see.
s**t sides that lost a lot were meant to get early picks. Tick.
The GWS were meant to sign players. Tick.

This is just the system bending you all over.

I agree however there may be an issue if they signed him in November 2010 which was outside the window they had to sign players (window was October 2010).

secondly how would you know the sole reasons for Scully taking the offer was about the money? Is he not allowed to have an opnion on the club's environent and provide a reason to why he left? unless you jhave personally spoken to him and have been involved in the club you cant make an informed view on his opnions.

When he has played 20 odd games, NO.

Once he proves himself as a top line AFL player he can have an opinion. Until then he needs to shut up and prove himself. If every first or second year player had there say it would be chaos

So to summarise: Melbourne fans are crying because a number one draft pick that they've nurtured and developed has walked out on them?

Pick 2 and 19 Freo got.
Jeff White anyone?

Once he proves himself as a top line AFL player he can have an opinion. Until then he needs to shut up and prove himself. If every first or second year player had there say it would be chaos

What a joke.

You have an opinion about Scully and you are allowed to post it. Yet he is not allowed to have an opinion about something that he has lived for 2 years.

How hypocritical is that.

If every first or second year player had there say then we would have a democracy. Or should we call them the Beijing Demons.

What a joke.

You have an opinion about Scully and you are allowed to post it. Yet he is not allowed to have an opinion about something that he has lived for 2 years.

If every first or second year player had there say then we would have a democracy. Or should we call them the Beijing Demons.

Well said, sounds like if it was a positive opinion on the club the poster wouldn't had a issue .

Hyprocricy at its best

What a joke.

I agree. Good post

What an idiotic post. Have to be in the top 10 stupid posts all time.

Melbourne supporters make me laugh. He can have an opinion just like the next bloke, 2nd year player or not. How dare you say otherwise. Called due dilligence, as distinct from due dills, which seem to be Melbourne supporters on here. Besides, at 20, who wouldn't take 6 million for 6 years. Nearly everything would including the Melbourne supporters currently bitching. Don't tell me otherwise.

Should've taken Dustin Martin..lol!

BTW, talking enticing players with big money and their relatives/partners as employees, how is Mitch Clark going hypocrites? Forgot, that was different...hahaha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Football karma paid Aaron Hamill back in spades, when he quit Carlton for more money, may the same fate befall Tom Scully, can't stand that selfish little douchebag.
He also comes across in his press confrences as bit of a nuffie, Melbourne is richer for having lost him, really hope they pick superstar young players with ther compo picks, that would be justice.
FYI Demons fans have been perfectly reasonable with their attitude to Scully.

Football karma paid Aaron Hamill back in spades, when he quit Carlton for more money, may the same fate befall Tom Scully, can't stand that selfish little douchebag.
He also comes across in his press confrences as bit of a nuffie, Melbourne is richer for having lost him, really hope they pick superstar young players with ther compo picks, that would be justice.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I can relate due to one Greig Williams leaving the Swans to Carlton however the difference he was he played more than a handful of games for us and won numerous awards and was a proven champion etc,.
I dont understand why people cant see both side to the argument.
Scully, a kid thats played a handful of games for a team he didnt even want to play for, a bung knee and offered 6 million dollars can ya blame him?
The Dees tank, get the best pick in the land and grab a player that didnt want to be there in the first place now get the 2 of the best picks in the land for swee fa they should be well happy, I think they got compensated way too much to be honest.
Both should be happy.

I see this thread is still going around in circles.

Can I please put one thing to bed. MFC did not get $cully due to tanking. (I would love to see how opposition supporters would have expected their club to act if they found themselves in the same circumstances we found ourselves in during 2009.) We would have taken him whether we received the priority pick or not.

What an idiotic post. Have to be in the top 10 stupid posts all time.

Melbourne supporters make me laugh. He can have an opinion just like the next bloke, 2nd year player or not. How dare you say otherwise. Called due dilligence, as distinct from due dills, which seem to be Melbourne supporters on here. Besides, at 20, who wouldn't take 6 million for 6 years. Nearly everything would including the Melbourne supporters currently bitching. Don't tell me otherwise.

Should've taken Dustin Martin..lol!

BTW, talking enticing players with big money and their relatives/partners as employees, how is Mitch Clark going hypocrites? Forgot, that was different...hahaha!

Dees did not even speak to Martin pre draft.

I love it how Richmond supporters pretend they would have taken Martin if they had one of the first two picks in the draft... Whilst acknowledging that Martin is ahead of Trenners and $cully at this point in time, the latter two were the clear stand-outs in the 2009 draft.

I would say Richmond supporters would be peeved off if Martin left and would be posting similar posts to Melbourne supporters. Especially if there was all the controversy like the Scully saga.

I would say Richmond supporters would be peeved off if Martin left and would be posting similar posts to Melbourne supporters. Especially if there was all the controversy like the Scully saga.

would Richmond have handled as bad as the Dees did? You guys contributed to the way it was handled, you knew he was gonna go you should have played it much differently instead you tried to force his hand, howd that work out?

would Richmond have handled as bad as the Dees did? You guys contributed to the way it was handled, you knew he was gonna go you should have played it much differently instead you tried to force his hand, howd that work out?

Terrible post. We forced his hand??? We could not have done more to support the kid. The whole footy club believed he would stay right to the near end, and acted accordingly.

:rolleyes:

What would you have done differently???

Terrible post. We forced his hand??? We could not have done more to support the kid. The whole footy club believed he would stay right to the near end, and acted accordingly.

:rolleyes:

What would you have done differently???

You guys serious?? You had everyone on his back even after he said he would wait till the end of the season to make his decision. FFS you guys should have a look how Pendles is being handled by Eddie. As angry at GWS Eddie is, he hasnt put any pressure on Pendles to speak up until the end of his contract, you guys put more pressure on Scully that was even fair.. Piss poor in fact.

You guys serious?? You had everyone on his back even after he said he would wait till the end of the season to make his decision. FFS you guys should have a look how Pendles is being handled by Eddie. As angry at GWS Eddie is, he hasnt put any pressure on Pendles to speak up until the end of his contract, you guys put more pressure on Scully that was even fair.. Piss poor in fact.

Say what you want about Melbourne and their supporters, but you are so far wrong you're not even worth debating. I'd do some research before posting next time. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back