Toast Tommy Walsh Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody Brendan Murphy, just saw his attempt at starting a stoush...

Love how Quartermain was saying 'This is what we don't want to see!' but sounding as excited as he has all game. Let's be honest, that's all we want to see...

Ironic that it was Walsh who pulled Murphy off them.

He really moves well for a big bloke, very fluent and seems very gifted athletically, doesnt mind a bit of contact either... loved the Walsh to Tadgh for goal, great stuff...:thumbsu:

Seriously, fellas, you have done REALLY well with this one. He'll win a coleman with you guys at some point.

Absolutely gutted for us Sainters to see him gone, but you guys definitely deserve congratulations. Excellent pickup, and worth every penny you guys are paying him.

He really moves well for a big bloke, very fluent and seems very gifted athletically, doesnt mind a bit of contact either... loved the Walsh to Tadgh for goal, great stuff...:thumbsu:

Yeah, this sums it up, and the fact he looked so composed, in fact, more than composed, he looked utterly self-assured. Forget the basic statistics and the fact it was a mickey mouse game against hardly an elite AFL line-up, for a young bloke who's played no senior AFL football (good one, Ross Lyon), the one thing he really did show was authority. He and Kennelly took charge and Walsh ... well, as Vonn said, he looked Brown-esque. Very, very exciting ... I was kinda hoping at the end of the game he'd rip off the green jersey to reveal a Swans jumper underneath.

On a side note, that other Murphy, Michael I think, looked pretty damn good playing up forward.

He looked the goods last night, saw previous footage of him in VFL and wasn't too impressed with his set shot for goal. I'm not gonna celebrate too early, cause the hybrid game seems almost made for walsh, so it's no surprise to see him look so comfortable. But he's got all the assets, he's big, he's mobile, he's good around the ground not just in the forward line, can take a mark, he chose to come to the swans, he seems like he's got strong character/morals, he seems like a determined type of person, strong-willed, keen to learn/develop, he appears mature-minded (even for his age), he's a mature recruit/physically developed and will be able to step right in and perform form round 1. I'm certainly looking forward to it. He may just be the missing piece we need in the forward line to take a bit of focus off reid and allow him to develop, and give the 3rd tall a bit of extra room, perhaps White will be able to excel under those circumstances (although I wouldn't discount a move to the backline).

Bring on 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not quite certain

TroLOL.gif

Way too early for for this thread and we are rating him based on one game of international rules played with a round ball and StKilda supporters wanting to keep him. The best indication of how good he could be comes from St Kilda officials who fought to keep him but he is far from certain to have an impact next year.

All I can say is if we lose a good player next year many of our supporters will look foolish for taunting St Kilda supporters about Walsh.

Way too early for for this thread and we are rating him based on one game of international rules played with a round ball and StKilda supporters wanting to keep him. The best indication of how good he could be comes from St Kilda officials who fought to keep him but he is far from certain to have an impact next year.

All I can say is if we lose a good player next year many of our supporters will look foolish for taunting St Kilda supporters about Walsh.

We've lost good players before, how would it be any different if it happened next year?

Why would we look foolish? It's not like we're saying "Lol you can't keep hold of your good players, how pathetic." We just find it funny that he's trying to deny that Walsh is any good.

Why is it too early? He has played GAA previously and was a star! This thread could be recognising his deeds in the GAA, more so than his deeds in the AFL? :cool: ;)

well even if we did lose a player next year, it wont be quite the same as st kilda losing walsh...walsh didnt get opportunities in seniors (thanks to ross lyon) and so thats why he left. If we lose a player..its more likely to be someone whos had game time already.

and yeah its far too early to be saying walsh will be a star or anything, but one can hope! as long as he can provide adequate support for sam reid ill be happy with the trade. im more excited about sam reid n his continuing development. hope we sign up him long term.

well even if we did lose a player next year, it wont be quite the same as st kilda losing walsh...walsh didnt get opportunities in seniors (thanks to ross lyon) and so thats why he left. If we lose a player..its more likely to be someone whos had game time already.

and yeah its far too early to be saying walsh will be a star or anything, but one can hope! as long as he can provide adequate support for sam reid ill be happy with the trade. im more excited about sam reid n his continuing development. hope we sign up him long term.
:thumbsu: A decade of the Reid Walsh Twin Towers.... I like it. :D

Is it wrong of me to be actually going for Ireland tomorrow night?
I enjoy watching the games but have never really cared about who wins. I find myself barracking for Swans players participating so three Irish Swans to one Australian this year definitely has me supporting Ireland.

I enjoy watching the games but have never really cared about who wins. I find myself barracking for Swans players participating so three Irish Swans to one Australian this year definitely has me supporting Ireland.

haha thats good I was feelin a bit guilty about it...

I'll support Australia in the sense that I prefer to see Australia win, but seeing Walsh play well is more important to me than the result of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back