Top two finish awaits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting term, 'flogs'

When I lived in Canberra I heard it used in conversation regularly as there's a lot of flogs there.

Come back to wa and all my family and friends questioned me about what a flog was...but they use it as we'll now.

I think we may get a Bradbury this year. We look to be the only one of the four looking strong and I don't think the up and comers are as strong either as Fremantle.

Dare I say the term flog' - even used by Canberrans, who are usually pretty discerning - has more meaning than ''a Bradbury". Do you mean we'll slide undeservingly to a flag? Not likely at the moment - more like wire-to-wire.

You reckon North are top shelf ?
Hawks had to resort to thuggery. They haven't needed to do that in the past three years and that they did, is an indication that they are not as good as they were.
Looking second rate against Essendon was a good sign they are not the same team as they were... they have the capability to play really good footy (second half against Port, North last week, against Bulldogs) but I question their consistency. We'll see how they go further on in the year.

Yeah, other than having the best list in the comp and being flag favourites as well as being the team we have the worst win/loss record against in the last 5 years, the two time reigning premiers aren't really worth worrying about.
I don't think he was saying don't worry about them or dismiss them. On exposed form they aren't travelling that great. Historically we know they are going to be a force. I'd like to think we don't worry about any team rather we plan and prepare and then in current form we dismantle them!

Assuming both Freo and the Bulldogs win this week, next week's game will see 1 v 2.

With the result of the soccer tonight, Etihad is out of bounds, apparently.

1 v 2 at Kardinia Park?

form is fickle... that is the case for all teams.

No one seriously bought into collingwood remaining in the top four did they? They looked impressive against... carlton? I think that exposed form says that the top four will be very similar to last year with maybe one change.

We beat the cats easily away from home. I think they will push into the top 6-10 range. Log jam of teams in that range. We are 5-0 and I would think would need another 12 wins max to finish top two maybe top. Good times!

Assuming both Freo and the Bulldogs win this week, next week's game will see 1 v 2.

With the result of the soccer tonight, Etihad is out of bounds, apparently.

1 v 2 at Kardinia Park?

Not so. Footscray are adamant they are not shifting game. Agreement reached with Gil and FFA for future years but not this time.
I have now booked flights and accomm and got medallion club.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

form is fickle... that is the case for all teams.

No one seriously bought into collingwood remaining in the top four did they? They looked impressive against... carlton? I think that exposed form says that the top four will be very similar to last year with maybe one change.

We beat the cats easily away from home. I think they will push into the top 6-10 range. Log jam of teams in that range. We are 5-0 and I would think would need another 12 wins max to finish top two maybe top. Good times!

True. we're not that far ahead of the pack though - we drop a game tonight and we're 2nd. We drop one to the Dogs, Hawthorn, North, Port and we're back in the pack and could finish anywhere from 1st to 6th

True. we're not that far ahead of the pack though - we drop a game tonight and we're 2nd. We drop one to the Dogs, Hawthorn, North, Port and we're back in the pack and could finish anywhere from 1st to 6th

Well Saints just fixed that up. There goes your scorched earth scenario.
We win tonight and we are two games clear; after just six rounds.
Just accept it people we are a standout team. Play it down as much as you like but I called our destiny a while ago.

Well Saints just fixed that up. There goes your scorched earth scenario.
We win tonight and we are two games clear; after just six rounds.
Just accept it people we are a standout team. Play it down as much as you like but I called our destiny a while ago.

I love both your optimism, and the fact that your optimism appears justified. Much more than my cautious pessimism anyway.

I love both your optimism, and the fact that your optimism appears justified. Much more than my cautious pessimism anyway.
I'm trying to view the team the way I'd analyse other teams rather than with two decades of hurt added in. Since doing that looking at our strengths and draw etc it's all a lot more positive.

For the first time in our history I think we have the best midfield in the league. And it's ridiculously well balanced as well!

8 points clear plus %

OP is spot on, and if any betting agency took top 2 bets you might as well get on now.

6-0

Sitting in the stands last night. Not concerned for one minute of the game for the first time ever (bar that Collingwood thrashing years ago... Good times) was a ridiculously good feeling. Watching Lyon rotate fyfe to full forward and sandi forward and Mundy back and them all getting rest.... I've decided to enjoy watching the team I always hoped we would be. Star players on every line... Plus the best player in the league at 23 and young hungry potential guns in the seconds....

Surely now even though it's a long season we all agree it's a failure if we aren't top two from here?

So the key to beating the hawks is tagging Lewis and Hodge ;)

I think they should have won, but it seems they're on a possible decline. GWS aren't really a team the hawks should be losing to. We played without Barlow and Fyfe against Port last year and still won (If i recall correctly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back