Tour De France 2013 Stage 17: Embrun - Chorges (ITT) 32km

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Froome's weakness was descending. Bertie should have switched bikes, he was so shattered.

Speaking of shattered, how about Peraud's collarbone? That was brutal, right on it.

Thought Froome's weakness was descending. Bertie should have switched bikes, he was so shattered.

Speaking of shattered, how about Peraud's collarbone? That was brutal, right on it.

Read Froomes post stage comments last night something along the lines of "i thought i was going to lose 30 seconds to a minute today cause i was taking it easy saving some energy for tomorrow" in other words "i'm that f**king good i can beat the field without trying" actually the first time all tour i have liked him. I like my world class athletes with a streak of arrogance!! Then he ruins it by requesting tonights stage have the descent dropped cause its dangerous.

A couple of things..

Riders use the elliptical chain ring because it supposedly eliminates the "top dead centre", that brief moment when your feet are neither going up, nor down, which results in a momentary loss of power.

Evans took it easy because he wanted to lose time, in the hope that he'd be allowed to go out on a breakaway in the hope of winning a stage. He knows his GC hopes are completely shot and BMC have got absolutely nothing to show for their participation in the tour. They've been only slightly less invisible than Lampre. He's hoping to be allowed to escape tonight or tomorrow night, now that he's far enough off the pace not to be a concern to the riders in the top-10.

That was just a myth based on Wiggins' s**t descending. Froome was a mountain biker, would be fine descending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back