TPFP closed :(

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason why you could want a second forum would be to exclude other clubs' supporters from interacting.
This, in my view, is a massive negative. While sometimes you get knobs from other clubs trolling, the vast majority of the time it allows you to get outside views on Port as well as more inside and in-depth knowledge of other clubs.

The only reason why you could want a second forum would be to exclude other clubs' supporters from interacting.
This, in my view, is a massive negative. While sometimes you get knobs from other clubs trolling, the vast majority of the time it allows you to get outside views on Port as well as more inside and in-depth knowledge of other clubs.
Whether your view is positive or negative in your mind, is irrelevant. It's each to their own. I could not give a flying F*** about the other clubs, their supporters, or their views! Could not give a s**t what they think. That's me, and the biggest uncomfortable feature of this site, to me, is the fact that every club is involved.

Wanna read about St. Kilda? Go for it but not me.

Last edited:
Whether your view is positive or negative in your mind, is irrelevant. It's each to their own. I could not give a flying F*** about the other clubs, their supporters, or their views! Could not give a s**t what they think. That's me, and the biggest uncomfortable feature of this site, to me, is the fact that every club is involved.

Wanna read about St. Kilda? Go for it but not me.

Sure, but then you don't need to go to their board if you don't want to read about them? You don't need another forum to do that.
I think it's that one-eyed mindset of not bothering with other clubs why a lot of ex-TPFP members standout around here.

Why don't we just take the best of both worlds and make it happen here? I like lurking with the other inhabitants, without interacting on their boards, it was insular at TPFP, but you could also choose to be insular here. I would now be lost without the 'I get really a get these days brother thread'...we never had that or anything like it other than the General Forum where it was very, very lonely at times at TPFP. There is so much to see here I get lost..I used to lurk here and only post occasionally, but since I started participating regularly just before Christmas...I never stopped. I just wish we could access our historical thoughts and views we left behind at TPFP

How interactive you get with other boards is up to the individual. The only time I look at other team boards is after either a disastrous loss or major event to see the reactions of the inhabitants.

Why don't we just take the best of both worlds and make it happen here? I like lurking with the other inhabitants, without interacting on their boards, it was insular at TPFP, but you could also choose to be insular here. I would now be lost without the 'I get really a get these days brother thread'...we never had that or anything like it other than the General Forum where it was very, very lonely at times at TPFP. There is so much to see here I get lost..I used to lurk here and only post occasionally, but since I started participating regularly just before Christmas...I never stopped. I just wish we could access our historical thoughts and views we left behind at TPFP

There were a couple of Freo supporters ( Buster was one ) who were regulars on TPFP ( I never noticed either of them get out of line ), and there was a tigger barracker who had a pic of Jake King as his avatar, he was also a reasonable poster.

There was a young kid about 7 or 8 years ago who was a regular, his avatar was a tingle jumper with number 23 on it, he wasn't an in your face type either.

As has been mentioned before it was the pseudo Port `supporters ' who were the pains in the arse, ie pencil neck, and the septic frenchman.

There were a couple of Freo supporters ( Buster was one ) who were regulars on TPFP ( I never noticed either of them get out of line ), and there was a tigger barracker who had a pic of Jake King as his avatar, he was also a reasonable poster.

There was a young kid about 7 or 8 years ago who was a regular, his avatar was a tingle jumper with number 23 on it, he wasn't an in your face type either.

As has been mentioned before it was the pseudo Port `supporters ' who were the pains in the arse, ie pencil neck, and the septic frenchman.

'54 I think the tiger support was known as Kal

Antigravitas it was IDC, plenty of sour memories from those posts.

Antigravitas was a massive troll...he called our heritage a fantasy and myth, imagine how long he would last on this board he if he had quoted that in a post...and yet there were a fair few posters on his side during the 'debates' I had with him over this, GR

Ahhh yeah I rememeber him now.

I must say I did quite enjoy the input from the French-based bloke, although I thin I'm in the minority :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the need for another forum, let alone (in 2014) a relatively "closed minded" hive as TPFP sometimes was.

Are you saying you feel there are some sorts of opinions you can't safely voice here - or that the range of topics is too broad ?

You can voice opinions here, and there is absolutely nothing wrong the content, posters and community of BigFooty. I know there are other football forums out there for footy clubs (like Saintsational), but having said that it would be good to consider the launch of another Port forum over time. I think that a better, more accepting football forum can rise up from the ashes from TPFP, and offer another place where Port fans can tread if they want a different experience amongst different fans.

Variety in life is a good thing, imagine if the only option on a drinks menu was Coke, and only Coke.

Finally made it over here. Have I missed the old site.

I was surprised to read that R E H got banned from the TPFP site. Guess I'm a TPFP failure, never got banned in 7 years of posting :(

Good to se most of the TPFP posters on here.

Finally made it over here. Have I missed the old site.

I was surprised to read that R E H got banned from the TPFP site. Guess I'm a TPFP failure, never got banned in 7 years of posting :(

Good to se most of the TPFP posters on here.

I was going for the balll but they reckon I made negligent head high contact but it was low impact.

Welcome aboard EP. I was surprised you didnt make it over to here earlier.

How interactive you get with other boards is up to the individual. The only time I look at other team boards is after either a disastrous loss or major event to see the reactions of the inhabitants.

I'm pretty much the same, usually only participate in opposition forums to offer condolences on a death or to congratulate a game great, I usually peruse the Collingwood forum over at Nicks, make the odd post and they tolerate me which I appreciate , I try and not be combative or inflammatory as I am an outsider but it works both ways and I don't over react or overly defensive if they make derogatory remarks about our club or players ...within reason, even though we're rival clubs there is a affinity between the club supporter bases of being the most successful and disliked in our respective states, we've both existed on the old 'Us versus them' mantra

I'm pretty much the same, usually only participate in opposition forums to offer condolences on a death or to congratulate a game great, I usually peruse the Collingwood forum over at Nicks, make the odd post and they tolerate me which I appreciate , I try and not be combative or inflammatory as I am an outsider but it works both ways and I don't over react or overly defensive if they make derogatory remarks about our club or players ...within reason, even though we're rival clubs there is a affinity between the club supporter bases of being the most successful and disliked in our respective states, we've both existed on the old 'Us versus them' mantra

Disagree. The only 'affinity' we have is the Magpie emblem. We are the most successful, they wish they were. I come across a few Collingwood supporters before we entered the AFL, and the hatred they had for the Port Adelaide Football Club was quite clear and derogatory. They did not want us in their VFL/AFL competition...our 'us vs them' includes Collingwood in the them

Disagree. The only 'affinity' we have is the Magpie emblem. We are the most successful, they wish they were. I come across a few Collingwood supporters before we entered the AFL, and the hatred they had for the Port Adelaide Football Club was quite clear and derogatory. They did not want us in their VFL/AFL competition...our 'us vs them' includes Collingwood in the them

I understand what you're saying and I've dealt with the same boofheads, there are extremist , narrow minded, bullies in all club supporter bases, we've had the same type of clowns in our own ranks who disregard the "One club" and actively s**t on everything to do with our AFL entry, make no mistake , I have no love for Collingwood or any other club for that matter, it will always be 'us vs them' for me, as for not wanting us in 'their' competition ...well that's the beauty of it all, we earned the right because of our 140 odd years of hard work and successes , we weren't gifted a spot because a bankrupt competition evolved into a expanded league, no amount of biased petty jealousies or hatred can ever change those facts

I understand what you're saying and I've dealt with the same boofheads, there are extremist , narrow minded, bullies in all club supporter bases, we've had the same type of clowns in our own ranks who disregard the "One club" and actively s**t on everything to do with our AFL entry, make no mistake , I have no love for Collingwood or any other club for that matter, it will always be 'us vs them' for me, as for not wanting us in 'their' competition ...well that's the beauty of it all, we earned the right because of our 140 odd years of hard work and successes , we weren't gifted a spot because a bankrupt competition evolved into a expanded league, no amount of biased petty jealousies or hatred can ever change those facts

Yes, I remember that anti-One Club feeling well amongst some posters at TPFP. I got sick of the ad infinitum arguments and was one of the reasons I started posting here more

Yes, I remember that anti-One Club feeling well amongst some posters at TPFP. I got sick of the ad infinitum arguments and was one of the reasons I started posting here more
people dont get it, there was only one anti one club person (from a magpies point of view) that didnt want anything to do with it, matty d, the young bloke that was a cheersquad member but a collingwood supporter. the rest, esp ttport who copped the most were pro one club but copped alot of rubbish from the power only supporters who couldnt understand why some of us are still passionate about the sanfl side (and it still happens on this site). they are the ones that went then and still go now. they are the ones who have always been members of both the sanfl and afl sides of the club. there was no anti one club thing, there never was. im glad those arguments are over too, but geez i think most misinterpreted what was really going on.

people dont get it, there was only one anti one club person (from a magpies point of view) that didnt want anything to do with it, matty d, the young bloke that was a cheersquad member but a collingwood supporter. the rest, esp ttport who copped the most were pro one club but copped alot of rubbish from the power only supporters who couldnt understand why some of us are still passionate about the sanfl side (and it still happens on this site). they are the ones that went then and still go now. they are the ones who have always been members of both the sanfl and afl sides of the club. there was no anti one club thing, there never was. im glad those arguments are over too, but geez i think most misinterpreted what was really going on.

I got informed by posters that because I lived in FNQ my view didn't count. The reason that sites like TPFP initially existed was so people who lived away from Adelaide could interact and be informed...the fact that certain subjects became the property of elitist groups who considered others as outsiders, when we all Port supporters was intolerable. It became a very judgemental site

I got informed by posters that because I lived in FNQ my view didn't count. The reason that sites like TPFP initially existed was so people who lived away from Adelaide could interact and be informed...the fact that certain subjects became the property of elitist groups who considered others as outsiders, when we all Port supporters was intolerable. It became a very judgemental site

that may or may not have been me....... sorry about that.......

it was a tough time for the maggies supporters who even up until after the final match had no idea if the club was even going to exist, the emotion at the last game at alberton and the last game at the bay will never be forgotten. surely it was understandable that when those (so called one club supporters) who didnt care for the maggies and would wish death upon them there would always be heated exchanges. thankfully those days are gone for now, who knows what will happen after this year.

that may or may not have been me....... sorry about that.......

it was a tough time for the maggies supporters who even up until after the final match had no idea if the club was even going to exist, the emotion at the last game at alberton and the last game at the bay will never be forgotten. surely it was understandable that when those (so called one club supporters) who didnt care for the maggies and would wish death upon them there would always be heated exchanges. thankfully those days are gone for now, who knows what will happen after this year.

Don't recall that incident Oz, never remember having a problem with you, but it happened a few times, even way before the period you mention. When it got to the stage where it was ok for some to be personal but others to have their posts deleted when doing the same..I started drifting away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back