Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I understand the fun and games of hypothesising on trades, I would have thought this thread would have quietened right down considering there is an entire football season to play out. Surely. before we start offering up players for trade, and picking who we need to fill holes, we need to see what transpires in 2015. I DO see this season as the crossroads for Ayce Cordy and TC (regarding future ruck requirements), I DO see that if JJ, Jong, Darley and Biggs can cement spots in the 22 the pace and quality delivery issues dissipate a tad, as well as the unknown development progress of our new kids (who were all selected because they had qualities missing with current personnel). With Rough, Talia, Roberts and Hamling as potential KPD;s, surely we need to see how 2015 pans out (especially with Talia being held back last season and Fletch's continuing injury woes) before we have them delisted and spend big bucks on a Rance/Carlisle option.

By all means, put up players we could chase, but I see it as nonsensical to name the players WE should trade to achieve such. By mid season I think we will have a lot more of a clue as to which of the "last chance" players have run out of time.

Whilst I understand the fun and games of hypothesising on trades, I would have thought this thread would have quietened right down considering there is an entire football season to play out. Surely. before we start offering up players for trade, and picking who we need to fill holes, we need to see what transpires in 2015. I DO see this season as the crossroads for Ayce Cordy and TC (regarding future ruck requirements), I DO see that if JJ, Jong, Darley and Biggs can cement spots in the 22 the pace and quality delivery issues dissipate a tad, as well as the unknown development progress of our new kids (who were all selected because they had qualities missing with current personnel). With Rough, Talia, Roberts and Hamling as potential KPD;s, surely we need to see how 2015 pans out (especially with Talia being held back last season and Fletch's continuing injury woes) before we have them delisted and spend big bucks on a Rance/Carlisle option.

By all means, put up players we could chase, but I see it as nonsensical to name the players WE should trade to achieve such. By mid season I think we will have a lot more of a clue as to which of the "last chance" players have run out of time.
Your point is 100% valid, but some of us really, really like to speculate on this stuff.

Plus I'm pretty confident we're still going to be calling for a speedy outside type in 6 months time.

Such a shame. I wonder if there's anything the AFL can do to make sure the game doesn't miss out on talents like this? Maybe getting more involved at a community level?
It's not about the afl doing community work it's about the person them self. Garlett posted photos of him smoking and drinking before a draft and his personality didn't work for some clubs. Second time around he worked hard and got drafted but caused some trouble in W.A and got addicted to Ice while in melbourne which lead to him breaking in and robbing someone house after he got delisted for money.

Simpson is a interesting one due to he's from a remote community that is a tight group, kinda like Skinner case. The afl have programs which brings those kids from remote communities to larger cities for training and matches (some W.A kids get selected in TAC or Private schools) to help them prepare themselves for the AFL world of being in big cities

Fuller is pretty screwed, no-one has him their best 22 and he doesn't look anywhere near breaking into it

out of the draftees I am most excited about Dale, because of his pace

It's not about the afl doing community work it's about the person them self. Garlett posted photos of him smoking and drinking before a draft and his personality didn't work for some clubs. Second time around he worked hard and got drafted but caused some trouble in W.A and got addicted to Ice while in melbourne which lead to him breaking in and robbing someone house after he got delisted for money.

Simpson is a interesting one due to he's from a remote community that is a tight group, kinda like Skinner case. The afl have programs which brings those kids from remote communities to larger cities for training and matches (some W.A kids get selected in TAC or Private schools) to help them prepare themselves for the AFL world of being in big cities
Yeah, I get that it's down to the individual. I just wonder whether getting some good role models involved with these kids earlier in life would stop them going down paths in their teen years that ultimately ruin their careers & potentially their lives.

Fuller is pretty screwed, no-one has him their best 22 and he doesn't look anywhere near breaking into it

out of the draftees I am most excited about Dale, because of his pace
Fuller has to be odds on to be a "1* and done" guy. Be shocked if he's on the list next season.

*1 contract

Yeah, I get that it's down to the individual. I just wonder whether getting some good role models involved with these kids earlier in life would stop them going down paths in their teen years that ultimately ruin their careers & potentially their lives.
agreed but also disagree due to Garlett stayed at Hodge house during his time and still ended up with a problem.

Fuller has to be odds on to be a "1* and done" guy. Be shocked if he's on the list next season.

*1 contract
Doesn't look good for him. Not much has gone his way, but even when fit he's just looked lost out there.

From his perspective, more worrying than his own lack of form is the standard his competitors have set. Darley looks fit, fast and his disposal is just exquisite. Biggs should walk into the side. Pearce and/or Webb (less likely) will have opportunities in different roles in defence later in the year, pending injuries/form/role changes.

I hate writing players off, and I've backed plenty of duds too, but I can't see any scenario in which it happens for him.

Doesn't look good for him. Not much has gone his way, but even when fit he's just looked lost out there.

From his perspective, more worrying than his own lack of form is the standard his competitors have set. Darley looks fit, fast and his disposal is just exquisite. Biggs should walk into the side. Pearce and/or Webb (less likely) will have opportunities in different roles in defence later in the year, pending injuries/form/role changes.

I hate writing players off, and I've backed plenty of duds too, but I can't see any scenario in which it happens for him.

Matt needs [for self preservation] to be a bit selfish and put himself in the spotlight at training. Rather than get into positions where he has to handball to or block for team mates he needs to get into positions which allow him to show off his great weapon - his kicking [particularly his long kicking]. The more he does this the more confidence his team mates will have in him, the more he will get the ball, the greater his self belief - the greater his chance of survival. KISS - play to your strengths!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon with Darley improved defensive work and size.
could become a morris replacement with better kicking
Not similar players in any aspect. To me, I would like for Darley to be a Gilbee replacement (a player we have been lacking since he retired). They have very similar playing styles and physical attributes.

Darley is nothing like Moz, horrible comparison.

Why stop there?

2015 premiership team:

Darley Darley Darley
Darley Darley Darley

Darley Darley Darley

Darley Darley Darley
Darley Darley Darley

Darley Darley Darley

Darley Darley Darley
Prudden

*1 contract
Pretty much a lock for delisting you'd have to say. Which three other players can anyone see him leapfrogging? I'd love him to surprise everyone though.

So you delist him before he has a chance?
No problem saying he's under pressure but at least wait until July before counting list spaces.

Has to be under the pump to get another contract. Has looked off VFL pace.

Hope he does make it, as he has a beautiful kick when he does get the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back