Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yebiga has claimed him as his own so he may know more than me. I've been keeping up with his NEAFL stats which are up and down but he played really well against North so there is potential. Plays a bit like a very poor mans Stephen Martin but is a lot younger and projects similarly. Worth looking into I'd think.

Getting keen on Kruez, fits what we want perfectly to be honest. Big risk considering the injurys but lots of ruckman seem to be injury prone early before growing into their bodys. Would be perfect to bring him in as a FA, then trade out Minno for something decent. What sort of contract do we reckon we'd need for Kruez?

Getting keen on Kruez, fits what we want perfectly to be honest. Big risk considering the injurys but lots of ruckman seem to be injury prone early before growing into their bodys. Would be perfect to bring him in as a FA, then trade out Minno for something decent. What sort of contract do we reckon we'd need for Kruez?

Good when fit just doesn't play enough - big no from me. Why do so many want to kill Will and bring in injury risks like Leuey and Kruez? Seems a negative list management move to me. Also the sub rule going may allow more flexibility with rucks. Keep Will and manage our list elsewhere. Ball use from non pygmies would be good. A reliable Kp at either end would be good too.

Good when fit just doesn't play enough - big no from me. Why do so many want to kill Will and bring in injury risks like Leuey and Kruez? Seems a negative list management move to me. Also the sub rule going may allow more flexibility with rucks. Keep Will and manage our list elsewhere. Ball use from non pygmies would be good. A reliable Kp at either end would be good too.
Because Will is ineffective around the ground. Other than tapping, he is a complete waste of time. He can't take a mark, he can't kick, he doesn't tackle. He is literally a big body on the ground who contests the tap work. The GWS game was the exception, not the rule. He's been very ineffective for 2 years now. The days of being just a tap ruckman are well and truly over. I'm not a Leuenberger fan either.

Because Will is ineffective around the ground. Other than tapping, he is a complete waste of time. He can't take a mark, he can't kick, he doesn't tackle. He is literally a big body on the ground who contests the tap work. The GWS game was the exception, not the rule. He's been very ineffective for 2 years now. The days of being just a tap ruckman are well and truly over. I'm not a Leuenberger fan either.
6 tackles yesterday, thought he did put on some pressure on around the ground. A Kreuzer type player would be ideal, but with his injury history it's a big risk. Him and Roughead are definitely very mobile, but with their history of injuries it's a big risk to take. Though the game against Freo did show that simply hitouts is an overrated stat that doesn't correlate to winning clearances.

Not going after Longer when he was available was a mistake. Not sure how the deal would've worked, but we should've tried.

Kreuzer won't happen. Carlton still value him, and has very little reason to leave.

Brooksby still too unknown.

Ruckman should still be our #1 priority. We don't need a defender nearly as much.

Not going after Longer when he was available was a mistake. Not sure how the deal would've worked, but we should've tried.

Kreuzer won't happen. Carlton still value him, and has very little reason to leave.

Brooksby still too unknown.

Ruckman should still be our #1 priority. We don't need a defender nearly as much.

Dixon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will had a very good game especially in the second half against Carlton
I would agree with you normally but you have to agree that Will's role isn't completely obsolete - and he can still play forward somewhat, he's not 100% incompetent playing there.

Will had a very good game especially in the second half against Carlton
I would agree with you normally but you have to agree that Will's role isn't completely obsolete - and he can still play forward somewhat, he's not 100% incompetent playing there.
He can't mark the football, he can't get separation on the lead and he's not great at wrestling. I'm not sure forward's his go.

He can't mark the football, he can't get separation on the lead and he's not great at wrestling. I'm not sure forward's his go.
Haven't we learnt from Tom Boyd that structure is just as important than any individual player's ability?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Will didn't offer much when he was deep forward. His only value on the ground is being the big target 'down the line' coming off half back. Still...dropped a couple of marks and no idea when he had space in front of him.

Did like Kruezers game. Hands a lot cleaner.

See they preferred Wood deeper forward, but I think that's more to do with trying to get Kruezer match fit. Worry that his injuries have cut his career short.

Don't see what is wrong with Leunberger. Don't think he has been 100% for at least 3 seasons and is getting better and better the more he plays. Don't see anyone out there who is any better. Any ruckman we get could get injured so whoever we go for will have some risk.

Thought Will was very good last night, sure he can only play one role but we win a lot more clearances with him than anyone else.

If we get any AFL Ruckman, it will almost certainly be Leunberger. Free Agent, touted to leave, and we're in desperate need.

Lions are after Dixon too. Should they get him, retaining Leunberger would become even less essential considering they recently re-signed Martin.

Harsh on Wil. Thought he stood up when he was needed last night (thoughts echoed by the coach in his presser). Also thought he was more effective as a deep forward than Stringer and Redpath combined, as at least he crashed a pack or two.
Still has a role for mine but not with Redpath in the team.

Don't see what is wrong with Leunberger. Don't think he has been 100% for at least 3 seasons and is getting better and better the more he plays. Don't see anyone out there who is any better. Any ruckman we get could get injured so whoever we go for will have some risk.

Thought Will was very good last night, sure he can only play one role but we win a lot more clearances with him than anyone else.
Leunberger can't play forward to save himself. No thanks.

1. Kreuzer
2. Day
3. Fuhaarked if I know.

Will was bloody good last night, particularly in the second half. Have to agree to disagree here. He seems to relish continuity, that is not being benched or chopped out too much.

Leunberger can't play forward to save himself. No thanks.
Yes he can.

Not that potential to play forward should even be a priority. We don't need another 200cm+ guy in the forward line.

1. Kreuzer
2. Day
3. Fuhaarked if I know.
Day is not a ruckman. You can't just assume he can play there just because Stanley can. He's also 4cm shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back