Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like Talia and Roberts complement each other perfectly. I'd imagine almost everyone would of had them as our two KPD's for the next five or so years, Hamling's the one who has thrown a spanner in the works. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good.

It sounds like Talia and Roberts complement each other perfectly. I'd imagine almost everyone would of had them as our two KPD's for the next five or so years, Hamling's the one who has thrown a spanner in the works. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good.
I would like to see either Hamling or Roberts tried up forward this year
just to see if there is a Josh Bruce hiding in the tall grass. Also i firmly
believe Zaine Cordy will hold down one of the KPD spots in the not too
distant future.

Would we have the cash or inclination to chase Dixon and would he be interested?

Whats he worth contract wise?

Would be perfect for us going forward. Him and Boyd key forwards. Boyd and Dixon chop out in ruck. Make Roughead/Cordy #1 rucks and then those 2 rotating in. Would be amazing.

you don't want a ruckman as he is about to come into the prime of his career? not sure how much he'd cost, but surely gives us some good options; also Sinclair can play effectively as a forward
If he was 3-4 years younger then it be a yes, but at his age unless he's an Ivan Maric or Ben Hudson standard then it's a no as I don't see him having much more development at all. Would want him on the cheap also, would much rather take a risk on an injury prone Leuenberger who we know is a decent ruckman when fit and is a number 1 type on 400-500k than a largely unproven Sinclair on 300-350k.

Would we have the cash or inclination to chase Dixon and would he be interested?
No thanks, Boyd basically plays the same role as him but is obviously less experienced, Boyd is our man we stick with him. A tall strong mobile lead up type CHF is what we need to take pressure of Stringer.

Maybe the club should trade its 1 selection and player that a club x has 5 pick in this year draft and swap position in draft

Super way out concept if there's no one we really covet thats available this year.

What if we front loaded our guys massively to get to 105% of the cap next season. We then trade our first rounder this year for a 2016 first rounder, and go into 2016 trade period with 2 first rounders and a bucket load of cap space to land some big fish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Super way out concept if there's no one we really covet thats available this year.

What if we front loaded our guys massively to get to 105% of the cap next season. We then trade our first rounder this year for a 2016 first rounder, and go into 2016 trade period with 2 first rounders and a bucket load of cap space to land some big fish.

You are an outside the square kinda guy Fronk. You would need to have a specific free agent or two lined up

Do that while manipulating the point system to trade 2 2nds(from Hunter or someone similar) for Sydney/Gws first pick and move back into the first round. Helps them get their players easier and we get a better pick

Good idea, although I'd be keener on using the first rounder this year and then splashing the cash on free agents if possible- that way we get a good kid in as well as whoever we're spending all that money on.

Are we able to rearrange contracts that are already signed (with the player's consent of course)? I always thought we could, but during trade period last year, when we were worried about not reaching 95% this year, I couldn't understand why we wouldn't just approach the guys signed on for multiple years (macrae, stringer, libba, crameri, jj, etc.) and offer to front-load them massively in 2015 to get to 95%.

Whats he worth contract wise?

Would be perfect for us going forward. Him and Boyd key forwards. Boyd and Dixon chop out in ruck. Make Roughead/Cordy #1 rucks and then those 2 rotating in. Would be amazing.
Dixon has been offered 750k over 5 years from Brisbane for what it's worth, according to my sources (Herald-Sun)

You'd have to have a fair bit of faith in next years crop if you swap a pick this year for next. Also a fairly ironed out strategy of what you will use the pick to fill. I definitely see us needing more speed on the outside. Can somewhat see us going back to similar game plan of 09/10 PF years where we were just run and gun (and an elite kicking team).

EDIT: Have the AFL even confirmed swapping of future picks will be allowed?

Couple of good KPPs should be available early second round, might be worth trading down there if we can find someone that would fit.
A hypothetical outcome I'd be happy with:

Delist - Fuller, Prudden, Cordy, Pearce, Goodes
Retire - Morris
Trade - Hunter

Trade pick ~10 and Hunter to Carlton for Henderson and pick ~21.
Pick ~21 - Harrison McKay - Agile 200cm Forward/Ruck
Pick ~28 - Riley Bonner - 191cm utility
Pick ~46 - Gach Nyuon - Freak project ruckman
Pick ~64 - Darcy Macpherson - Small midfielder

Rookie:
Nicholas Coughlan - 23rd man from VFL side - key backman.
Best mature ruck from VFL

What's the free agent list looking like for next year?

According to http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-13/whos-up-for-grabs-the-preliminary-list-of-2016-free-agents-

Crows- N Van Berlo

Lions - Merrett, Redden, Rich

Blues - Simpson, Yarran

Pies - Brown, Pendles, Sidebottom, Swan, Toovey

Dons - Hocking, Hooker, Myers

Dockers - Mayne, Clancee Pearce

Cats - Longergan

Hawks - Hodge, Mitchell

Dees - Grimes, Jetta, Spencer, Watts

North - Adams, Goldy, Thomas, Wells, Ziebell

Port - Stewart, Hartlett

Tigers - Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery

Sts - Armitage, Geary, Riewoldt

Swans - Bird, Jack, Pyke, Smith

WCE - Brown, Masten, Priddis, Rosa, Schofield.

Not sure if any have signed since article but a few we could target there if we needed.

Couple of good KPPs should be available early second round, might be worth trading down there if we can find someone that would fit.
A hypothetical outcome I'd be happy with:

Delist - Fuller, Prudden, Cordy, Pearce, Goodes
Retire - Morris
Trade - Hunter

Trade pick ~10 and Hunter to Carlton for Henderson and pick ~21.
Pick ~21 - Harrison McKay - Agile 200cm Forward/Ruck
Pick ~28 - Riley Bonner - 191cm utility
Pick ~46 - Gach Nyuon - Freak project ruckman
Pick ~64 - Darcy Macpherson - Small midfielder

Rookie:
Nicholas Coughlan - 23rd man from VFL side - key backman.
Best mature ruck from VFL
Seen McKay and Nyuon mentioned a fair bit, may go higher than those picks. Decent mix though.

I like the concept Fronk but isn't the Boyd deal allegedly structured to do exactly that? Sucking up a cool couple of mill next year before settling thereafter?

On a slightly different vein I'm obsessing about gettable mids who could add to our side as I still think we need one or two very good ones. Any chance we could get Conca for Hunter and something we could live with like an early second or something? I love him more than the Richmond fans do and I'm not as convinced as others he will run for the WA border if he was shopped. Was Richmond one of those interested in Hunter and could we save our first and get a deal we would be happy with done?

I really think we have the mids already. Watch Hrovat, Dale, Daniel and Mclean cement their spots in the midfield over the next couple of seasons. Webb can even rotate through the midfield. We're still looking very rusty with KPF stocks and the future of our ruck set up is definitely up in the air.

I wonder if we could trade Hunter for a late second round pick, pair that with our second round to upgrade to a first round? Hard to do in a 'shallow' draft but would give us two first round picks to make up for not using ours in the draft last year. Guess the questions is would any club think Hunter is worth a 2nd rounder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back