Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think we have the mids already. Watch Hrovat, Dale, Daniel and Mclean cement their spots in the midfield over the next couple of seasons. Webb can even rotate through the midfield. We're still looking very rusty with KPF stocks and the future of our ruck set up is definitely up in the air.
I've been wondering if we'd take mostly kpps at the draft as well. Still need mid fielders, but could get them next year at the draft or through trade & free agency

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...erm-contract-with-tigers-20150630-gi1mtf.html
According to http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-13/whos-up-for-grabs-the-preliminary-list-of-2016-free-agents-

Crows- N Van Berlo

Lions - Merrett, Redden, Rich

Blues - Simpson, Yarran

Pies - Brown, Pendles, Sidebottom, Swan, Toovey

Dons - Hocking, Hooker, Myers

Dockers - Mayne, Clancee Pearce

Cats - Longergan

Hawks - Hodge, Mitchell

Dees - Grimes, Jetta, Spencer, Watts

North - Adams, Goldy, Thomas, Wells, Ziebell

Port - Stewart, Hartlett

Tigers - Edwards, Riewoldt, Vickery

Sts - Armitage, Geary, Riewoldt

Swans - Bird, Jack, Pyke, Smith

WCE - Brown, Masten, Priddis, Rosa, Schofield.

Not sure if any have signed since article but a few we could target there if we needed.

I'd be shattered if we went for Conca. We need more elite talent, not mediocre players.

I'd be shattered if we went for Conca. We need more elite talent, not mediocre players.

He's got talent. He's struggled with injuries for some time but at his best last year he was terrific. Whether he is or can be elite I don't know but certainly high end B Grader when fit and I suspect gettable for a deal that wouldn't break the bank.

Couple of good KPPs should be available early second round, might be worth trading down there if we can find someone that would fit.
A hypothetical outcome I'd be happy with:

Delist - Fuller, Prudden, Cordy, Pearce, Goodes
Retire - Morris
Trade - Hunter

Trade pick ~10 and Hunter to Carlton for Henderson and pick ~21.
Pick ~21 - Harrison McKay - Agile 200cm Forward/Ruck
Pick ~28 - Riley Bonner - 191cm utility
Pick ~46 - Gach Nyuon - Freak project ruckman
Pick ~64 - Darcy Macpherson - Small midfielder

Rookie:
Nicholas Coughlan - 23rd man from VFL side - key backman.
Best mature ruck from VFL

I see a bit of a disconnect here. The best VFL ruckman last year, was Big Tom Campbell - who currently is fifth choice behind , Roughead, Minson, Cordy and not bothering to have a ruckman. Cordy played a blinder in the VFL a few weeks back, took a massive pack mark to kick his 6th goal. The gap for ruckman (it seems) between the lower leagues and the AFL is enormous.

It is interesting though, because if I make a list of those most likely to leave (in no order and some may choose to leave) it is: Fuller, Darley, Prudden, Hunter, Pearce, Goodes, Minson, Grant, Campbell, Cordy. Which includes all of our ruckman, bar Roughead.

Will be an interesting off season....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Appreciate that's the list of free agents in 2016, but the idea of having 2 first rounders and cap space would be to put us in the box seat for guys coming off-contract that aren't free agents that we'd have to trade for. J o'meara for example.
What's wrong with O'Meara? Is it a simple dislocation or is the patella cracked? If it's the latter wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and GC have been pretty coy about his injury.

As an extension of a previous idea mentioned on here, how does this sound to get us another in the first round?

Couple predictions to start, both designed to make this situation as hard as possible to show it's still viable; GWS finish 12th and get pick 7, we finish 7th and get picks 12, 31 and 49.

We trade out Hunter for a second round pick, then package that with picks 31 and 49 for GWS' pick 7. Under normal circumstances they'd be mental to even consider this, but they need points to get Hopper and Kennedy, both shaping as top ten picks, or they go into debt for next year which looks like a better draft and where they maybe have more academy kids they need surplus points for. As long as they end up getting extra points from the deal they're happy.

p7 (1644) = p31 (606) + p49 (287) + Hunter pick

In this scenario, the Hunter pick would have to be pick 25 or better, which may be tough to get. Would be a lot easier if GWS finish higher, or god-forbid we finish lower. Quick example, they finish 10th, we finish 9th:

p9 (1469) = p29 (653) + p47 (316) + Hunter pick

Hunter pick has to be 36 or better. You'd think they'd want at decent return though, 25 and 36 were the minimum picks to make it work in either scenario.

So, what do people think? Would GWS go for it? We'd surely not be the only team trying it.

As an extension of a previous idea mentioned on here, how does this sound to get us another in the first round?

Couple predictions to start, both designed to make this situation as hard as possible to show it's still viable; GWS finish 12th and get pick 7, we finish 7th and get picks 12, 31 and 49.

We trade out Hunter for a second round pick, then package that with picks 31 and 49 for GWS' pick 7. Under normal circumstances they'd be mental to even consider this, but they need points to get Hopper and Kennedy, both shaping as top ten picks, or they go into debt for next year which looks like a better draft and where they maybe have more academy kids they need surplus points for. As long as they end up getting extra points from the deal they're happy.

p7 (1644) = p31 (606) + p49 (287) + Hunter pick

In this scenario, the Hunter pick would have to be pick 25 or better, which may be tough to get. Would be a lot easier if GWS finish higher, or god-forbid we finish lower. Quick example, they finish 10th, we finish 9th:

p9 (1469) = p29 (653) + p47 (316) + Hunter pick

Hunter pick has to be 36 or better. You'd think they'd want at decent return though, 25 and 36 were the minimum picks to make it work in either scenario.

So, what do people think? Would GWS go for it? We'd surely not be the only team trying it.

This whole points system has me confused so bad. So i'll just nod and agree.

bonod.gif

Who do guys see us signing up we currently still have a large list of unsigned players
Roberts
Wallis
Moyd
Morris
Talia
Cordy
Redpath
Honeychurch
Grant
Prudden
Darley
Fuller
Rookies
R Smith
Goodes
Pearce
Kelly

Guys we should sign
Roberts, Wallis, Grant, Honeychurch, Talia(Does he want to sign) Moyd (1 more year given current form) R smith (wouldn't mind upgrading him to)

Not sure
Redpath - depends on form the remainder of the season
Morris - can his body go around again
Darley - unable to break into the team maybe rookie list
Prudden - Haven't seen enough of him

Gone
Fuller - needed to do more as an older recruit
Cordy - didn't take his chance at AFL, very good VFL player not an AFL one
Goodes - No need for him
Pearce - Had long enough
Kelly - not sure he adds anything

expecting two of the not sure to go or maybe Talia along with Fuller and Cordy that is 4-5 senior spots and 2-3 rookie spots

Kelly will stay, we only picked him up last year and has had a few injuries. Bevo worked with him at the Hawks and has big wraps on him. Dare i say but Morris will probably be let go this year. Our backline has held up without him and with Webb doing well and the team defence holding up, i suspect we might be saying goodbye this year. Prudden, Darley and Fuller are unlikely, along with Goodes, Cordy and Pearce. Campbell needs a solid end to the season to cement his spot on the list also.

I understand the Tigers are likely to delist Hampson would we consider him as a delisted player?With Sydney having financial difficulties keeping the likes of Jacks their captain due to Buddy and his side kick in Tippett there could be opportunity to snare a player like Parker at season end what do u guy think ?

I see a bit of a disconnect here. The best VFL ruckman last year, was Big Tom Campbell - who currently is fifth choice behind , Roughead, Minson, Cordy and not bothering to have a ruckman. Cordy played a blinder in the VFL a few weeks back, took a massive pack mark to kick his 6th goal. The gap for ruckman (it seems) between the lower leagues and the AFL is enormous.

It is interesting though, because if I make a list of those most likely to leave (in no order and some may choose to leave) it is: Fuller, Darley, Prudden, Hunter, Pearce, Goodes, Minson, Grant, Campbell, Cordy. Which includes all of our ruckman, bar Roughead.

Will be an interesting off season....

I was big on the Cordy bandwagon over the offseason. Felt that he was finally getting some continuity. The problem that I have with him is that he has zero core strength and a very high centre of gravity. He's agile which is good around the ground and has nice skills, if he was 10 cms shorter, he'd be a great tall midfielder. Currently he's a weak tall target and I think he has hit is ceiling, especially in terms of strength. He'd have to put kgs on all over again and go through the same problems that have thus far plagued his career. We have to pull the pin on him and reload with other ruck options.

Campbell hasn't hit his ceiling yet. He still has a lot of development in terms of endurance and even forward craft. His tap work is fantastic, he just needs to get fitter. That'll take another couple of injury free preseasons. He's worth keeping on for another 2 years if he continues to develop as he has so far.

We keep saying we need a player with speed, who can break the lines, and is a good user.....

Harley Bennell?

Or have I answered my own question? ;)

But seriously, does Bennell warrant the risk?

I don't think we'd have what GC would ask for him. If GC pull it together in the back end of the season, I could see him staying. Still has 2 years on his contract and had a near BOG performance last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back