Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS people are allowed to have ******* opinions. If you disagree give a real ******* reason or engage with those people. Don't just generalise and assume the same bloody people are saying the same things. This is a board with a wide array of perspectives.
**** posts like this s**t me far more than any of the "X player is s**t" posts.
Worse when it comes from blokes you like.
Jeepers, Mike. It's all light hearted bantz. Have a beer and settle down. :(

Plenty of ordinary players play in premierships. Some even play well. Not that Suckling is ordinary just that playing in a premiership side isn't an argument for or against a player.
Case in point: Mitch Morton.

It's been building for a few weeks.
AL7XctY.gif

Following the NBA kind of spoils you in terms of trade activity, but geez, wouldn't it be better if the AFL trade period was longer and started earlier. Then we might get some actual moves to talk about, instead of endless speculation. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with speculation...It'd just be nice to get some actual done deals to talk about instead of having to wait.

FFS people are allowed to have ******* opinions. If you disagree give a real ******* reason or engage with those people. Don't just generalise and assume the same bloody people are saying the same things. This is a board with a wide array of perspectives.
**** posts like this s**t me far more than any of the "X player is s**t" posts.
Worse when it comes from blokes you like.

My original post was more about that tweet to Suckling as opposed to anyone actually against him.

Also the pessimism that comes from every player we get linked with for some reason.

Following the NBA kind of spoils you in terms of trade activity, but geez, wouldn't it be better if the AFL trade period was longer and started earlier. Then we might get some actual moves to talk about, instead of endless speculation. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with speculation...It'd just be nice to get some actual done deals to talk about instead of having to wait.
The old AFL way was better. Minimal moves and club loyalty. The more moves the worse it is IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Dannnnnnnnnn saying he wouldn't mind getting an inside mid as depth? Alex Woodard would be good for that. Almost every VFL game I've watched him play he's looked really good.

My original post was more about that tweet to Suckling as opposed to anyone actually against him.

Also the pessimism that comes from every player we get linked with for some reason.
It's just discussion dude. Invariably everyone has different perspectives. I'm not a fan of Suckling, but I was rapt to get Boyd and Crameri. I don't know I'd just rather have people give their opinions and judge them on their merits.
Probably went too hard in that post, sorry dude.

With the whole Carlisle nominating the Saints thing, we can officially pour one out for our Jake Carlisle thread (I know it got closed but this is the official nail in the coffin). It ended up discussing pretty much anything other than Jake Carlisle and it was fantastic.

Plenty of ordinary players play in premierships. Some even play well. Not that Suckling is ordinary just that playing in a premiership side isn't an argument for or against a player.
It is a good argument because the team that wins the premiership generally are the best/most tactically advanced/get the best coaching so these players usually ay least have a better understanding of playing in a good/winning system. Not only that but the premiership experience in a young squad like ours is invaluable.

Jed Anderson has requested a trade.
Of any interest?

With the whole Carlisle nominating the Saints thing, we can officially pour one out for our Jake Carlisle thread (I know it got closed but this is the official nail in the coffin). It ended up discussing pretty much anything other than Jake Carlisle and it was fantastic.

Carlisle's choice of St Kilda also shows that it is far less goat phobic club than the Blues or Dogs.

BREAKING Jed Anderson has officially asked the Hawks for a trade, seeking greater opportunity.

West Coast is keen on Anderson, 21, who is originally from Katherine in the Northern Territory, while Essendon and Carlton are also believed to be among several more interested.

Anderson has already spoken to clubs, however remains contracted until the end of 2016.

- The Age

It's just discussion dude. Invariably everyone has different perspectives. I'm not a fan of Suckling, but I was rapt to get Boyd and Crameri. I don't know I'd just rather have people give their opinions and judge them on their merits.
Probably went too hard in that post, sorry dude.

No hard feelings. Dannnnnnnnn always yells at me anyway so I'm used to it :(

BREAKING Jed Anderson has officially asked the Hawks for a trade, seeking greater opportunity.

West Coast is keen on Anderson, 21, who is originally from Katherine in the Northern Territory, while Essendon and Carlton are also believed to be among several more interested.

Anderson has already spoken to clubs, however remains contracted until the end of 2016.

- The Age

Thanks.

Another short player for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back