Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And had plenty of chances. You don't keep flogging a dead horse.

Can't flog a horse that caves at the first sign of the whip. Poor horsey Higgins fell on the ground and started twitching when BMac showed him the whip. Good old Horsey Jones got whipped to buggery after he couldn't run any more. Finally horsey Tutt ran around like a young stallion and looked a million dollars before the whip came out, then he lost control of his bowels, ran through the fence and ran into someone else's paddock only to find a whip there as well...poor horsey...went down to the bottom paddock where the pressure doesn't exist to play with the foals and three-legged horsies.

Can't flog a horse that caves at the first sign of the whip. Poor horsey Higgins fell on the ground and started twitching when BMac showed him the whip. Good old Horsey Jones got whipped to buggery after he couldn't run any more. Finally horsey Tutt ran around like a young stallion and looked a million dollars before the whip came out, then he lost control of his bowels, ran through the fence and ran into someone else's paddock only to find a whip there as well...poor horsey...went down to the bottom paddock where the pressure doesn't exist to play with the foals and three-legged horsies.

Post of the year? Could get me a 4 year contract with North's Forum, possibly?

Nothing like living off one great post and making sure its repeated over and over...

Great idea! Perhaps you could start with an analysis of Augusto Roa Bastos' 'Thunder Among the Leaves', and the way in which the author's portrayal of the rise and fall of Paraguayan dictator Higinio Moríñigo, mirrors that of Eades?

I prefer Hijo de hombre with its magic realism, but my favourite of his works is "Cohete Eade : mi parte en su caída", co-written with Jason Akermanis.

I prefer Hijo de hombre with its magic realism, but my favourite of his works is "Cohete Eade : mi parte en su caída", co-written with Jason Akermanis.

That the book where the magic is limited to everyone's facial hair being different to the hair on their heads?

That the book where the magic is limited to everyone's facial hair being different to the hair on their heads?

Man, you lost me completely there.

I didn't even know who Roa Bostas was until Nath09 mentioned him, and my knowledge of existentialism is predominantly from the ramblings of band members at the end of a Riptides song!

I'm at work, trying to not to laugh at all the posts.

With the amount and rate of posts....who here are actually at work???
Why work when you can post on Bigfooty?

It's my week off, and I'm procrastinating from assignments :p

I'm at work, trying to not to laugh at all the posts.

With the amount and rate of posts....who here are actually at work???

I'm at work, got a document to finish by tomorrow, but it's giving me the shits, so I'm procrastinating by posting here as fast as I can. People near me can here me typing heaps, and presume I'm going to produce an opus!

I didn't even know who Roa Bostas was until Nath09 mentioned him, and my knowledge of existentialism is predominantly from the ramblings of band members at the end of a Riptides song!

He's talking about Aker's bleached hair and black goatee and their ability, when combined, to give him magical un-realism, right?

Shame......you were really on a roll for a while there Ivan.

So hypothetically if we draft Lever / Durdin at pick 5 and Cordy F/S, which of our key backs isn't in our future best 22?

Talia, Roberts, Lever, Roughead, Cordy.

I guess it depends how agile Cordy is and if he is able to play on smalls, from the above i'm hoping we end up shifting Roberts Fwd (where he played his junior footy) and go with a backline like this:

Wood --- Roughead --- Talia
JJ --- Lever --- Cordy

That's potentially a very nice looking backline and having Roberts as a swing man is a big bonus, I hope he can make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame......you were really on a roll for a while there Ivan.

Sorry to disappoint Mutt, but in my pseudo-team lead/management position, I have to be nimble enough to adopt the ideas of others and pass them off as my own, and sound like I know what I'm talking about!!

Sorry to disappoint Mutt, but in my pseudo-team lead/management position, I have to be nimble enough to adopt the ideas of others and pass them off as my own, and sound like I know what I'm talking about!!

You'll go a long way I'm sure!

While humorous, please keep the irrelevant posts to a minimum. We don't wanting people reading through pages and pages of nothing.

Bit harsh. Nothing!

Point taken...but we did need to lighten the tone around here a bit. Been a shitty day to be a Bullies supporter.

I'm updating this as I go through the millions of posts

- Walker from Geelong yes. Brown no.
- I'm not worried about Tutt, Jones and Higgins. At least they're not our good players. My views on them are well known.
- my boy Grant gets a bigger go next year. Happy days.
- Jones only worth a pick in the late 30s to 40s
- * me this is taking ages. Not many like Jones, do they?
- 666 posts to go. Does anyone work here:)?

While humorous, please keep the irrelevant posts to a minimum. We don't wanting people reading through pages and pages of nothing.

Sorry Igloo.

Although depending on your definition of "nothing", I could argue there has been several hundred pages of that at least! I will now desist - mainly because I really need to do some work.

How to get this back on track?
anyone think we will be wanting picks in regards to losing Jones, Higgins and Tutt and then use those picks in a bigger trade to secure a big fish?
or just do what the Brisbane lions did last year, and take them to the draft?

it is bizarre, that there is no word from the club on who we are targeting.
Something is kept very close to the chest. A lot of teams saying who they are after, but all silence on the bulldogs front

You might want to give the rumor-spreading a rest for a week or so. Too many complete deadshits are actually believing your rubbish Vital. Give it a rest eh?
Why would i start a rumor about the holy one!
That wasnt me, im just laughing at the post since hes been injury the entire time hes been at the dogs

How to get this back on track?
anyone think we will be wanting picks in regards to losing Jones, Higgins and Tutt and then use those picks in a bigger trade to secure a big fish?
or just do what the Brisbane lions did last year, and take them to the draft?

it is bizarre, that there is no word from the club on who we are targeting.
Something is kept very close to the chest. A lot of teams saying who they are after, but all silence on the bulldogs front

Maybe it's as simple as we aren't after anyone of note.

Last year, we made it very obvious we were after Crameri, came out and stated "this is the pick, Essendon - take it or leave it".

Obviously other stuff happening behind the scenes, but I suspect we were extremely confident of securing Crameri and therefore were happy to go public.

This year, probably not so confident of anyone, so keeping any possibilities under wraps. If they come off, will look great, if not, no-one is any the wiser, officially.

Now, I really need to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back