Mega Thread Trade and List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Barrett is a flog but what if he is right? That is 3 youngsters who have quit the club. Cant be entirely false.

All, not just some, but all of our young guns have signed contract extensions, including Bontempelli, who didn't even wait until the end of his first season before he re-upped. If there is some player unrest, then what does that tell you?

Changing of the guard has happened this season on and off the field. Some of the previous big dogs are no longer revered and some of the dogs at the fringe of the pack want to go elsewhere while they still can.

Provided that the club holds it's nerve and backs the young players and the Coach to take us forward, then this is what the club needed (and has done so for some time.) Peter Gordon will not be rattled by this and flogs like Barrett and certain notorious arseholes on social media will not get their way, thank God.

On Barrett...he is a dead set flog who needs a scoop. Been beaten to the punch by Caro, Ralphy and now his arch-enemy Robinson for the last week.

All, not just some, but all of our young guns have signed contract extensions, including Bontempelli, who didn't even wait until the end of his first season before he re-upped. If there is some player unrest, then what does that tell you?

Changing of the guard has happened this season on and off the field. Some of the previous big dogs are no longer revered and some of the dogs at the fringe of the pack want to go elsewhere while they still can.

Provided that the club holds it's nerve and backs the young players and the Coach to take us forward, then this is what the club needed (and has done so for some time.) Peter Gordon will not be rattled by this and flogs like Barrett and certain notorious arseholes on social media will not get their way thank God.

Who are the three?

Yes Barrett is a flog but what if he is right? That is 3 youngsters who have quit the club. Cant be entirely false.

Did you listen to what he said on the radio though?? He said Liam Jones leaving isn't part of the player displeasure it's the very senior players that have an issue with the coach. If that's the case the more ballsy move would to not cave into the players.

Who are the three?

Are we counting Higgins as a youngster? Been in the system 7 years or something. He moves like an elderly gazelle who has ribs made of glass...nothing young about him apart from his baby sized heart.

Did you listen to what he said on the radio though?? He said Liam Jones leaving isn't part of the player displeasure it's the very senior players that have an issue with the coach. If that's the case the more ballsy move would to not cave into the players.
Its exactly what I said in an earlier post. The exit interviews basically in a nutshell were (and not for every senior player) "The younger guys have carried you and its time to step up and improve on your deficiencies".

I sick and tired of going to the footy and see the same guys make the same mistakes when under the pump.

I'm with MCartney on this one.

Its exactly what I said in an earlier post. The exit interviews basically in a nutshell were (and not for every senior player) "The younger guys have carried you and its time to step up and improve on your deficiencies".

I sick and tired of going to the footy and see the same guys make the same mistakes when under the pump.

I'm with MCartney on this one.

Bingo. Here's a tip for the senior players - work on your skills. You should be leading the way.

Since when have the players been in control of the club? If they dont like the direction, the message, or the bloke who is giving it then GTFO!

How dare senior players try and hold the club to ransom. They're paid employees. Get back to work you flogs, win a game and support the young boys.

Are we counting Higgins as a youngster? Been in the system 7 years or something. He moves like an elderly gazelle who has ribs made of glass...nothing young about him apart from his baby sized heart.

I don't follow - three?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know your not one of the coaches biggest fans , but Higgins very badly needed some home truths and if that meant him having a sook and pissing off then so be it. So should the coach tell it how is or should we just go on as it has always been ?
Seems like there there are a number of sooks at the club. I believe they are whinging for the right reasons.

Someone said "3 youngsters" have walked. I was asking who?

You quoted me though. I have no idea why. Doesn't matter - move on. I might be having a bad day. :)

Isn't it great? I'm thinking of steering it towards existentialist thought in 20th century Paraguay, and tying that back to our failure to win preliminary finals under Eade.

Great idea! Perhaps you could start with an analysis of Augusto Roa Bastos' 'Thunder Among the Leaves', and the way in which the author's portrayal of the rise and fall of Paraguayan dictator Higinio Moríñigo, mirrors that of Eades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back