List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldogs are looking like a million dollars! Bontempelli, Macrae and another real gun this year! That 3 stars!

Wow OMG 3 whole stars.

You mean like Dusty, Cotchin, Lids, Jack, Ellis and Rance.

Bulldogs have under performed but get away with it because most people forget they exist. I do constantly, and then when somebody says something i remember them and i look at their list and wonder how they avoid scrutiny. Then I remember no one cares about them and forget they exist again. Wash and repeat.

In days gone by mids used to play out their days as possible forwards. I've wondered at times could Axel be small forward material ?? Just thinking out loud....

Liberatore, Dahlhaus, Stringer, Hrovat, Roughead, Wallis go alright as well, but yeah, lets not let facts get in the way of a good bs.

In fairness to Calcium Man what you posted probably backs the under performing tag. You guys do have real talent, young talent. Why you hold on to boyd and co and play them as a outsider looking in is a worry. I say this because i saw one of my x coaches in Spud do the same thing and it nearly killed us.

Liberatore, Dahlhaus, Stringer, Hrovat, Roughead, Wallis go alright as well, but yeah, lets not let facts get in the way of a good bs.

I was responding to his comment about 3 stars.

Stong reality is your club has gone nowhere for 3 years while still retaining the core of a prelim team. It say alot about McCartney.

And lets not crap on about star when only Libba and possibly stringer could come close to constituting stardom.

Now get out of the house and piss off back to the kennel.

Heard on SEN the other day Vickery to Carlton for Kane Lucas and 27...

That was a carlton fan who made a suggestion in a trade POSSIBILITIES segment on The Run Home

In fairness to Calcium Man what you posted probably backs the under performing tag. You guys do have real talent, young talent. Why you hold on to boyd and co and play them as a outsider looking in is a worry. I say this because i saw one of my x coaches in Spud do the same thing and it nearly killed us.

They are performing as they should . they know they are not a premiership team and are in rebuild mode!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here are my thoughts, Guys.

Breaking down the list by position:

Tall Defenders:

Alex Rance
Troy Chaplin
David Astbury
Dylan Grimes
Todd Elton

Verdict: Depth and Quality are good. No targets required, but may be added.

Rance astbury and Grimes are up to it the othgers are not depth is avge

Small/Medium Defenders:

Steven Morris
Jake Batchelor
Matt Dea
Ricky Petterd

Verdict: Competition for spots is high, and quality reasonable, but more depth is needed.
Potential Targets: Taylor Hunt, Campbell Heath

None of these players are quality so depth is poor - big hole in our list

Rebounding Half Backs:

Chris Newman
Bachar Houli
Nick Vlastuin
Matt McDonough
Kamdyn McIntosh
Brad Helbig

Verdict: Depth is reasonable, quality is good when in conjunction with rotating players. No targets needed, and could be added upon in the draft.

Only Vlas is quality the others are past it, not up to it or developng - big hole in our list

Inside Midfielders:

Anthony Miles
Trent Cotchin
Matt Arnot
Nathan Foley
Matt Thomas

Verdict:
Quality is reasonable, but depth is poor. The addition of another hard body should make a difference.
Potential Targets: Levi Greenwood, Patrick Dangerfield (Highly Unlikely), Dylan Shiel

miles and cotchin are guns the others are past it or duds - big hole

Outside Midfielders:

Brandon Ellis
Shaun Grigg
Reece Conca
Brett Deledio
Dustin Martin
Nathan Gordon

Verdict: Depth and Quality is good, however outside runners are one paced and there is no real pace in the side which needs to be addressed through trading and free agency, or the draft.
Potential Targets: Travis Varcoe, Johnathon O'Rourke, Mark Whiley, Christian Howard, Jack Hutchins.

grigg is a dud, conca developing but lids, martin and gordon all have speed and are ok, ellis is the elite runner - need more of these

Small/Medium Forwards:

Shane Edwards
Sam Lloyd
Ben Lennon
Chris Knights

Verdict:
Extremely poor depth. We have no permanent small forwards, and our depth is relying on a mature aged recruit, a first year draftee and an injury prone veteran.
Potential Targets: Hayden Crozier, Jeff Garlett, Terry Milera, Trent Dennis-Lan, Cameron Hitchcock.

knights is solid but body is suspect, lennon needs time, edwards needs to play mid for rotations, lids and martin fit this category

Tall Forwards:

Jack Riewoldt
Ben Griffiths
Tyrone Vickery
Liam McBean

Verdict: Solid quality, but still depth will be tested in terms of injuries. Another developing Key Forward is in order.
Potential Targets: Kristian Jaksch, Liam Jones, Shaun McKernan

jack is a gun but lazy, griffo is developing, Ty is at the crossroads and Mcbean is a kid

Ruckman:

Ivan Maric
Shaun Hampson
Ivan Soldo

Verdict: Severly lacking in terms of depth. Shaun Hampson, whilst serviceable as a ruckman is less adequate in every other area.
Potential Targets: Luke Lowden, Johnathon Ceglar, Sam Grimley, Daniel Gorringe, Jarrod Witts.

Maric is a gun but ageing, Hampson is young and needs time..

Overall our list has holes everywhere the question is where do we start and how long will it take to resolve.... draft more kids thats all i can say, mids mids and more mids

Maric is a gun but ageing, Hampson is young and needs time..

Overall our list has holes everywhere the question is where do we start and how long will it take to resolve.... draft more kids thats all i can say, mids mids and more mids
Imo I don't think our list has holes everywhere. I think it still need work clearly but the building blocks are coming together well. I think we need another big inside contested beast, a tagger(desperately), another speedy mid, and a dedicated small fwd. Thru the next 2 drafts we can get rid of some passengers(Grigg types).

Orren was delisted and so was Azza, why would we let go a player who can pinch hit in the ruck and provides close to 2 goals a game when he has his head switched on, what happens if Jack goes down with an injury or Griff gets injured, who do we go too then, Hampson and McBean. :eek:

You don't get rid of KPP unless you have another one lined up.

If jack and rance played for the dogs they would have a better list than ours...
their mids are as good as ours if not better (qty) and their ruck is better, just lacking a quality tall fwd and a tall back

Imo I don't think our list has holes everywhere. I think it still need work clearly but the building blocks are coming together well. I think we need another big inside contested beast, a tagger(desperately), another speedy mid, and a dedicated small fwd. Thru the next 2 drafts we can get rid of some passengers(Grigg types).

add a small defender and 2 HBF to your 3 mids and a small fwd and i say thats a few holes?

Do not want Jason Tutt, fringe forward for a poor club.

Was keen on him in his draft year across half-back, but just hasn't come on. Pass.

Get Garlett who is still a proven AFL quality forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back