List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Discussion 2014 [Current Picks: 12, 33, 52]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i said in another thread, year in year out whenever a gun player wants out of their club be it via free agency or trade, we are never linked to any of these players and that's the main reason we get nowhere. From what i hear we have cash to burn in our salary cap yet Dimma just sits around waiting to pluck draft miracles. We are crying out for a key forward to assist Jack so why havn't we targeted Carlisle. I feel we are only a key forward and a gun mid away from challenging for a flag because this year, only Sydney bettered our streak of 9 wins in a row. You can't fluke 9 wins in a row unless your a very good side. The second our season finished, Dimma should have been looking into all the stars that were leaving or possibly leaving their clubs, instead, we watch other clubs including the lowly dees and saints who are at least attempting to strengthen their list by being active since their seasons ended. What is wrong with you Dimma.

Please detail for me exactly where Dimma has been since our season ended, who he has spoken to, about which players and the time he has spent thinking about it....

Carlisle is a backman more than he is a forward and I would have no problem getting him for that role.

We are so far away from a flag, it's so much more than 1 key forward and a gun mid.... It's depth on the list, it's pace and execution. Incidentally though you can get gun mids through this thing called the draft (it's not really plucking miracles, it's reasonably informed these days). Ellis, Cotch, JR, Lids, Conca (fingers crossed for some injury free run at it), Dusty..... very good to gun players, all taken through.... you guessed it, the draft. In terms of Dimma plucking draft miracles.... many are annoyed at the way we don't hang on to our 2nd and 3rd draft picks. Those people would prefer we took a chance and drafted in our own talent...

FFS, I hate the school holidays....

Tivendale couldn't kick... just gave the impression he could with a beautiful action.

wouldn't pay that much for him. A token pick at best for a player in a team below us not getting a game.

Speaking of pace what is happening with Crozier C4[2]Yo`DooR ?

Not true, Tivendale was a wonderful kick... who like Bowden would sometimes pull off the sublimely ridiculous clangers that stood out so much because they were out of character. Tivendale lacked awareness and his ability to get run down at anytime by virtually anyone was the most frustrating. The number of laser passes and 60 metre kicks over the top to Ottens and Richo were fantastic to watch. He could even kick goals on his right foot....occasionally. Defensively pretty average though.... like many mids of that era, a fantastic one-way runner. I'd take him over Grigg.

If jack and rance played for the dogs they would have a better list than ours...
their mids are as good as ours if not better (qty) and their ruck is better, just lacking a quality tall fwd and a tall back

Yet they could only win 7 games and continued to play Boyd while their best player is a 30 something Murphy....

Jason f***ing Tutt?? Aren't we past this kind of sh*t now?? F**k me. Talk about going backwards. This peanut can't even get a gig at the f***ing Dogs. He has amassed a grand total of 22 goals in his four-season career. To put that into perspective, Todd Banfield kicked 27 in his first year. Let Carlton sign these scraps.

Mitch Morton wasn't getting a game at RFC and then bang..... premiership player with the Swans. Funny thing, 2nd and 3rd chances....

We see it differently then.
We do
Morris, houli and Newman are not up to it, you said 3 mids and a small fwd and I agree, that's 7 spots so I'd say that's a few holes, that is not counting the fact that Chaplin is past it, maric is ageing and the jury is still out on griffo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we think we were gonna b able to turn the big block head into a descent player??All u can do is laugh!!!
Worst still I have been on the Lowden wagon for a few years and alluded to us being into him a couple of years ago which some may remember . _EAD_ and tugga can confirm .

Last edited:
Worst still I have been on the Lowden wagon for a few years and alluded to us being into him a couple of years ago which some may remember . @_ead and tugga can confirm .
Not much we can do now unless we bite the bullet and get rid of him and get lowden or someone else. There's really no point keeping hampson he's that bad.expensive exercise but if we cod get another ruckman I would try hard to trade or just dump him

2v0g6q0.jpg
if he only he was 2-3years younger

DUSTIN Martin wants to sign an off-season contract extension as Richmond saves salary cap space to secure him and star captain Trent Cotchin.

The club is expected to lay low during this year’s trade period despite having some money if an inside midfielder emerged.

Football boss Dan Richardson said the Tigers were “highly unlikely” to trade their first round draft pick (currently No. 11) during the upcoming player exchange period.........

..................Richmond is in the market for an inside midfielder to bolster its running brigade of Cotchin, Martin, Brett Deledio, Reece Conca, Brandon Ellis, Nick Vlastuin and Anthony Miles.

St Kilda’s David Armitage, North Melbourne’s Levi Greenwood and even Sydney’s Daniel Hannebery have been linked to the Tigers.

But Richardson hosed down that speculation and said the Tigers would invest deeply in the draft.

Dusty Wants Extension, Tigers Quiet

Last edited:
Just finished reading that article and the paragraph at the bottom about our trade value being Vickery Astbury Griffiths & McBean shits me, firstly because they signed this year and secondly both Ralph and Warner are Tigers men so they should have known this.

“I think the new deal will obviously reflect his last five years of consistent, high-standard football.”

That quote worries me with Ralph Carr

St Kilda’s David Armitage, North Melbourne’s Liam Pickering and even Sydney’s Daniel Hannebery have been linked to the Tigers.

Hadn't seen us linked with Hannebery anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back