List Mgmt. Trade: National Draft selection no. 21 traded to St Kilda for Rhys Stanley and selection no. 60

Remove this Banner Ad

I am hearing they are looking to split 21 into 2 picks into the 30s
I don't believe that for a minute. We already have pick 35, and we knocked back 30 and 48 in the proposed 5 team trade.

is there something wrong with this pick 21? Awarded to BL as Brennan compo in 2010 and traded to the suns, then traded to GWS in 2012, then traded back to BL for Patful and now to us.

The fish that John West rejects:D

Would be willing to trade this pick to melb for jack watts. Heard he is on the table from melbourne. Think our club and culture and experienced leaders could turn him around. Thoughts?????

Agreed but I think our captain would be much more forthright and demanding as well as other experienced leaders at our club. I think it would be worth the risk, kid has talent, Selwood, Bartel, Scott can drum in the intensity!

Would be willing to trade this pick to melb for jack watts. Heard he is on the table from melbourne. Think our club and culture and experienced leaders could turn him around. Thoughts?????
That's a massive call. Might be worth a flutter with a late pick (55) but even then I'm suss. Think it's about time to put a line through Watt's and declare it a flop, even at a good club I can't see him fulfilling any sort of potential.

He has talent. You just wouldn't know it at Melbourne FC. Watts desperately needs a new environment and Geelong could offer it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. Let's not forget Guthrie was p23, and this year's draft is a strong one.
Especially with all the Key Position/Tall talent pushing all the Midfield talent down the order, there should be some quality midfielders available at pick 21. Goddard 14, Blakely 21 & somebody like Gore/Nelson/Webb at 35 would be a great draft for the Cats IMO

Thinking Blakely will be there at 21. Concerned a team like Adelaide or Freo, looking for a KPP, may take Goddard before us if Lever/Durdin/Marchbank are already gone.

Why would we need Stanley when we are getting Clark and already have the likes of Vardy, Walker, Hawkins & Brown - unless Clark has decided he doesn't want to come

Some speculation that Geelong is going after Gaff or Selwood from the Eagles and is going to be part of the 5 team trade of getting Greenwood to the Pies & Beams to Brisbane - anyone heard much about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back