Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith and Gross thanks. They've already been to Richmond to get their lockers sorted out.

I know that lower teams just hang their hats on the draft and having good picks but unless its a top 5 and maybe top 10 pick its a chook raffle and a pick 30 could easily become a better footballer than a pick #9-#15

Ideally i would like to have something similar or slightly better than we had in the 2021 draft 5 picks inside 30
1 x top 10
1 x top 20
3 x inside 20-30

The "its a chook raffle" argument is utter bollocks.

Unless your recruitment team is incompetent, having better picks at the draft will always improve your chances of getting better players.

The club needs to get some young elite talent which it can build a team around to give it an identity& mould a gameplan around that. Club should do everything in its power to get more better picks & not be trying to get multiple later picks.

The top 10-11 players in this team currently .... Martin, Bolton, Balta, Rioli, Lynch, Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Vlaustin....Baker, Short.

None of these players were taken 30 or later in the National Draft. Baker & Short were rookie draft.

Bolton at 29, Balta 25 - then the rest top 15. We have pulled nothing from the 30s-55s

We haven't hit with a pick between 30-55 in a decade. Some might argue Graham, Ross & Markov - but really none of those guys are moving your model without a Daicos, Martin, Cotchin, De-Goey etc

Club just need to get top 30 picks & make the right selections unlike it did in 2021

What pick do people see us having at this stage?

We may improve as the season goes on, but I've probably only got West Coast below us, possibly North and Hawthorn, but their rebuilds are a lot further along than ours.

Could go either way. We’ve been in games well up to our eye balls. I could see us winning a decent amount in the second half of the season.

We are still a decent team. We’ve got some ball
Movement issues and I think our composition is pretty bad at the moment, but they are things I think we can fix.

I reckon much to the dismay of this board, I could see us finishing around 9th-12th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mid Sized midfielder with Pace and a great kick.

I’d give my left nut for Zak Butters.

We may improve as the season goes on, but I've probably only got West Coast below us, possibly North and Hawthorn, but their rebuilds are a lot further along than ours.
Somewhere in the 3-5 range for me. I agree on West Coast and I'll back us to finish higher than at least one of those two. But also won't be disappointed if we don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our own pick will be 4-6, but then we could also add a lions first (Levi Ashcroft), a Suns first (Leo Lombard), a crows (Tyler welsh) and carlton (camporeale twins). There is a legitimate chance we can have 3 picks inside the top 20, so hopefully lombard, welsh and ashcroft are top 5 picks by the end of the year

I think our own pick will be 4-6, but then we could also add a lions first (Levi Ashcroft), a Suns first (Leo Lombard), a crows (Tyler welsh) and carlton (camporeale twins). There is a legitimate chance we can have 3 picks inside the top 20, so hopefully lombard, welsh and ashcroft are top 5 picks by the end of the year
I hope you're right about the extra first rounders. We clearly need as many early picks as we can get our hands on. The other part of it is actually nailing the picks. We can't afford too many misses, particularly with whatever first round picks we have in the next couple of years. Something similar to the 06, 07 & 09 drafts isn't asking too much is it?

This kid sounds exactly like what we need

Brayden Crossley in the mid season draft?

Back