Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Id be having a crack at Cam Zuuuuuurhahaha as a FA

Why would we be throwing big money at a player that turns 27 next year lol. Surely would have to be targeting top 4 for the next 3 years to go after him. Be absolute madness if the club thinks thats where we are at.

The only thing that could come of it would be that he plays well and takes us to 8 wins instead of 6 and costs us getting the best picks in the draft.

Why would we be throwing big money at a player that turns 27 next year lol. Surely would have to be targeting top 4 for the next 3 years to go after him. Be absolute madness if the club thinks thats where we are at.

The only thing that could come of it would be that he plays well and takes us to 8 wins instead of 6 and costs us getting the best picks in the draft.
I never said big money?

I wouldnt be going after ZuurHaaaarrrrrrr

Very good chance we lose Graham & Naker as free agents this year and would hate to see the compo affected to get a player like him
Baker isnt a FA

Graham compo would be eff all

Well he's at a bottom 2 side and I dont know what hes on now, do you?
Calm down mate, very *n antsy.

haha he would be on big money cos they had no one else to pay. I just don't see why we would be targeting anything but draft picks for the next 2-3 seasons atleast. Recruiting older players even via FA just risk us moving up the ladder slightly with no chance of challenging. Id even argue JUH is too old at 23 next year to chase, as we are wasting half his prime whilst we are rebuilding. I think we just wait until we have moved up the ladder naturally via the draft, then start targetting players from smaller clubs to join a big club. It's going to take time, but so be it, we've had it good.

haha he would be on big money cos they had no one else to pay. I just don't see why we would be targeting anything but draft picks for the next 2-3 seasons atleast. Recruiting older players even via FA just risk us moving up the ladder slightly with no chance of challenging. Id even argue JUH is too old at 23 next year to chase, as we are wasting half his prime whilst we are rebuilding. I think we just wait until we have moved up the ladder naturally via the draft, then start targetting players from smaller clubs to join a big club. It's going to take time, but so be it, we've had it good.
We cant rely on picks alone and he is an upgrade on most of our forwards IMO, maybe I rate him higher than most. He could also play for 5-6 years more and I dont know about you, but if we are still s**t in 3 years, I will be spewing.

if 23 years old is too old for you and youre right, then the club is ****ed IMO

End of 2nd round you'd think for a 3 year deal. Could be the difference when bundling up all those 2nd and 3rds for another early pick.
Hmm I dunno, thats if he even leaves. All this chatter and its rd 3

Already mentioned this name elsewhere, but Will Phillips should be a midfield trade target imo.

Wanted to say this name a couple days ago as well, but wasn't sure how long Witts was going to play for, but with a 2 year contract extension to Witts and drafting Ethan Read from their academy, I think we should have a look at Ned Moyle as well. Regarded as one of the best VFL rucks, 22, and I'm fairly sure he's from Vic.
Signed a 2yr extension

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with strong opinions on this appointment? I dont know anything about him.

Hot take: Unless anyone is privy to a recruiters draft rankings each and every year then you can't possibly rate a recruiter ability to draft with any confidence with what you're saying and for the most part are speaking out of their ass. No recruiters are going to get every pick right, in fact they're more likely to get more wrong than right but I think as long as they rated players who ended up becoming good but chose differently on the night whether due to the player going just before their pick or selecting for needs or possibly character reasons then you can live with that. As they just as likely to hit in the next draft.

Look at the Swans in 2019, their highly rated recruiter had three chances to pick Warner before he eventually did and ended up with Dylan Stephens (gone), Will Gould (gone) and Elijah Taylor (gone). Go one step further and of the first round picks he has had that weren't academy selections since 2015 he has ended up with Florent, Hayward, Matthew Ling, Stephens, MacDonald, Sheldrick and Constanty.

Meanwhile everyone on here is slagging off Clarke who across 2016/17 ended up with Bolton, Graham, Higgins, Balta, Stengle and Baker with the highest pick of those being Higgins at Pick 17. Its popular to do so now that we are inevitably trending down with less young talent due to taking far less young players since 2017. If/when our 2021 draft class hit their straps will everyone do a backflip and start rating Clarke again?

Hot take: Unless anyone is privy to a recruiters draft rankings each and every year then you can't possibly rate a recruiter ability to draft with any confidence with what you're saying and for the most part are speaking out of their ass. No recruiters are going to get every pick right, in fact they're more likely to get more wrong than right but I think as long as they rated players who ended up becoming good but chose differently on the night whether due to the player going just before their pick or selecting for needs or possibly character reasons then you can live with that. As they just as likely to hit in the next draft.

Look at the Swans in 2019, their highly rated recruiter had three chances to pick Warner before he eventually did and ended up with Dylan Stephens (gone), Will Gould (gone) and Elijah Taylor (gone). Go one step further and of the first round picks he has had that weren't academy selections since 2015 he has ended up with Florent, Hayward, Matthew Ling, Stephens, MacDonald, Sheldrick and Constanty.

Meanwhile everyone on here is slagging off Clarke who across 2016/17 ended up with Bolton, Graham, Higgins, Balta, Stengle and Baker with the highest pick of those being Higgins at Pick 17. Its popular to do so now that we are inevitably trending down with less young talent due to taking far less young players since 2017. If/when our 2021 draft class hit their straps will everyone do a backflip and start rating Clarke again?
Jackson was in charge for 2016 so those picks were not Clarke’s. You also left out the CCJ pick and the people he could have picked instead of Higgins and CCJ. The next 5 or 6 players are like an AA squad list

Jackson was in charge for 2016 so those picks were not Clarke’s. You also left out the CCJ pick and the people he could have picked instead of Higgins and CCJ. The next 5 or 6 players are like an AA squad list

He had the title but tigs2010 mentioned at the time that Clarke was the one in charge post review of the footy department. Only thing Im not sure of it that him reading between the lines or if that his own information. Maybe he can clarify but he does get good information.

Pretty sure he will have final say regardless of what ever was released. FJ may get to read the names out from behind the tree though.

Higgo was actually a sound pic , wasnt his fault dimma hated goal kickers ,and then his health issues halted his progress at RFc he ll play 200 games . Regardless I’m plsd we have fresh set of eyes at such a pivotal time

We cant rely on picks alone and he is an upgrade on most of our forwards IMO, maybe I rate him higher than most. He could also play for 5-6 years more and I dont know about you, but if we are still s**t in 3 years, I will be spewing.

if 23 years old is too old for you and youre right, then the club is ****ed IMO
Look he is right. We are a long way off being a top finals side crap we are still in downfall.No point in targeting anyone of interest even at 23. It took ages to assemble our team and were rock bottom even though quality was there in 16. In come some mature age players and bang. This Taranto Hooper deal is going to haunt us and we get no value whatsoever. We are in big strife and unless we start nailing draft picks we will be F ---d as you say.

Higgo was actually a sound pic , wasnt his fault dimma hated goal kickers ,and then his health issues halted his progress at RFc he ll play 200 games . Regardless I’m plsd we have fresh set of eyes at such a pivotal time
Higgo played deep into 2020, coming off injury. Not selected for the finals and wanted out. Got well compensated.
CCJ was also tracking OK. Got an offer from NMFC we couldn't refuse.

Back