Tredrea to play in 20 / 20 cricket game!

LewDog

Draftee
Dec 20, 2004
Other Teams
Port
Just thought I'd let u know that West Torrens will be playing Glenelg in a 20 / 20 match next Wednesday (19th Jan) at Henley Oval. Included in the West Torrens team will be Port star Warren Tredrea as well as Brad YOung and current Redback Trent Kelly. Glenelg also have a star baseballer (pinch hitter) playing for them.

The match starts at around 5 and goes through to around 8 O'clock. There will be a BBQ, with steaks, sausages etc, as well as a beer tent and soft drinks. International comedian Mickey D will be the ground announcer and also do a comedy routine before and after the game. There will also be music etc, and $100 for any catch taken in the crowd.

Should be a big crowd there for a great night. Hopefully a few of you can make it.

Cheers

I might swing past. Hopefully no one bounces him...

Bresh said:
I might swing past. Hopefully no one bounces him...
Hopefully he's only up against the spinners. Shattock is playing for Gelenelg as well, although he is apparently a handy cricketer and played in junior state teams.

Well it's over and was great fun.
Tredders took the first catch. He also sent back 2 tremendous returns, both time hitting the wicket from about 45m. One was clearly not out, the other had the crowd calling out but the umpire refusing the call. He otherwise did well but briefly took a lot of good humoured sh*t from a bunch of Crows supporters I know after a misfield that cost West Torrens 4 runs
Batting however he was a bunny. He avoided a duck but was clean bowled for about 2. He didn't bowl, or if he did I missed it.
Shattock played for Glenelg, who were clearly the better team. But I wasn't watching him closely enough to give any comment.

You gonna get a game in round 2, Kop?

Shattock hit a great six straight down the ground over the sightscreen. He made a nice 21. Tredders took one nice catch and dropped a dolly that went for four. Good crowd of about 1000.

And as for Glenelg being the better team, whos top of the A grade ladder.

I think a return leg will be held at Glenelg Oval. Not sure when though.

http://www.dayslikethis.net/gallery/sport/cricket/190105/1/index.html

Pics

Shattock took 3/4 pretty nice catches...cple of misfields as well but we're not all perfect i guess! Batted ok but didnt last long...

Glenelg made 207 from their 20 overs...and not many of those shots were slogs either! West Torrens in reply got to 180 odd all out in the 19th over...i thought the game was good...face paced, action packed with actual cricket shots!

By all reports, Nigel Smart put in an ok performance for Southern Districts, making 11 and getting them over the line at Bice Oval!

Looking forward to Port Adelaide playing Northern Districts at Port Reserve on the 2nd Feb...Karen Rolton, Tony Brown (Port Magpies Captain) and Chris Dittmar will pull on the pads for the Pies (well as of yesterday anyway, could all change in a week) and Northern Districts will apparently have all their State players playing (except Boof), but not sure if they have a "celeb" playing for them though...

Thierry Henry said:
Anyone stay around for the comedy gig at the end?
No. Rain coming in and getting too dark. Plus two kids to get home and another to track down.
Was a great evening though, good sport and half of the local movers and shakers were there networking. Anyone who has one coming up with their local club I recommend going. I'll certainly take our lot to the next one.

Does anyone if Shattock is playing in round 2? I may or may not be playing for the opposition.

Back