Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

I make a point of listening to his commentary, guest spots Monday and Wednesday on 5aa and The Big Deal. He now sounds like one of them, not one of us. He won my vote by promising he'd be the voice of the members. I now believe that's not the case.

His voice can only be used internally now. If we want actual change, this is the way to go.

The issue is, as Lockhart Road have pointed out, “why only Tredrea?” We need another outside voice now. Where is it?

Did he back in the coach tonight on radio? Because if he did he has now become part of the problem and has been muzzled.

Because last year he would have torn in to them.

Did he back in the coach tonight on radio? Because if he did he has now become part of the problem and has been muzzled.

Because last year he would have torn in to them.
No he didn't.

He said something along the lines of "Ken is signed for 2 years. It's too late now and I've already been on trouble for my comments about him".

His comments tonight and responses to callers it was very easy to read between the lines.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

V5tRqj1.jpg

Never. I couldn’t have picked any other. I am at home.

I may have started following Port in 2017, but I have relieved the club’s history. I was there in 1914, in the 6-peat, in 1977…

We’ve also had bad times before. This one will pass too.
I have often wondered who that curly haired kid with an accent who I used to see regularly at the Alberton and Adelaide ovals during the `6-peat' seasons was.

Thanks for clearing that up GP. ;)

No he didn't.

He said something along the lines of "Ken is signed for 2 years. It's too late now and I've already been on trouble for my comments about him".

His comments tonight and responses to callers it was very easy to read between the lines.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I will admit I haven't heard the full segment but if you are Tredders, the only thing you can do is go into the next board meeting and cast your displeasure. But aside from that, I don't think it's fair to expect him to come into the media and blatantly say (again) that it's untenable because now he's on the inside. It doesn't mean he's become them but there's a charter to follow.

He can't really do much single handedly being on the inside. Saying that, if he says "I back Ken" to the media then I'd be very concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will admit I haven't heard the full segment but if you are Tredders, the only thing you can do is go into the next board meeting and cast your displeasure. But aside from that, I don't think it's fair to expect him to come into the media and blatantly say (again) that it's untenable because now he's on the inside. It doesn't mean he's become them but there's a charter to follow.

He can't really do much single handedly being on the inside. Saying that, if he says "I back Ken" to the media then I'd be very concerned.
Yeah this was always going to be the issue. People expecting Tredders' one-man crusade to continue explicity was never on the cards if he got elected. He can tear shreds of the coaching and players in board meetings, but gone are the days of publicly venting displeasure.

If things were really bad at board level, a resignation in protest would be powerful. Not going out of his way to endorse things he doesn't like is coded enough.

He needs mates in the media industry to put the burners on Ken. He has to play the game, as much as we may or may not like it. He needs to tow the company line or risk himself and role becoming untenable.

Kane won’t, Tim seems to have lost the tooth, the Vic media know what it means to keep us in check so rightfully stay away, Rucci is but a puppet now on the payroll, Graham like the Vic media know what a strong Port means and he risks his kids livelihood if he was to put anything down critical of us…

He needs mates in the media industry to put the burners on Ken. He has to play the game, as much as we may or may not like it. He needs to tow the company line or risk himself and role becoming untenable.

Kane won’t, Tim seems to have lost the tooth, the Vic media know what it means to keep us in check so rightfully stay away, Rucci is but a puppet now on the payroll, Graham like the Vic media know what a strong Port means and he risks his kids livelihood if he was to put anything down critical of us…

I don’t subscribe to this. He’s already outnumbered on the board. He may as well own his position and get vocal.

I don’t subscribe to this. He’s already outnumbered on the board. He may as well own his position and get vocal.
Lose his reputation and the confidence he is building with his peers and lose the ability to influence the narrative when discussion are held?

The squeaky wheel doesn’t always get the cheese when it is 13-1…

Lose his reputation and the confidence he is building with his peers and lose the ability to influence the narrative when discussion are held?

The squeaky wheel doesn’t always get the cheese when it is 13-1…

Let’s be realistic - he will never get the numbers he needs on the board to affect anything. They are all there for self preservation and self interest.
Warren’s only ally is that of member noise and public opinion. Time to bring some public heat.

playing in the media does absolutely nothing. a dissenting voice on radio (that 2200 people listen to) does nothing. having a Port Man Speaking Out on 5aa does nothing. cancel your membership and stop going to games

Tredders should print off every facebook and twitter comment he receives from members and fans as well as the texts he receives, and take them to the next board metting, slam them on the board table, and say this is what I have received from our people. What have you UNREPRESENTATIVE SWILL heard from them?

And make it the first item on the agenda that they have to read them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back