Player Watch #9: Trent Cotchin is an obscenely good 3 x Premiership Captain, Victorian Captain & Brownlow Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

19 brownlow votes in a downer year... be still my beating heart :hearts:

Just quietly, I'm looking forward to 2014, seems he was down on himself for his efforts this season:thumbsu:......OOOh I know hard to believe, but that's Cotch folks...but not all.

Page 15 people

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

!!!!PAGE 15!!!!!!
:eek::oops:

;)

Was looking for the other recent thread on Cotch...

Not sure if this has already been discussed, I'm just wondering whether any others think his leadership style is enough to inspire the rest of the team to play with more heart and desperation as he does. He seems to prefer to lead by example so I'm wondering whether he could be more vocal and direct with some players (on and off field). As some here say about Dimma perhaps he needs to be less palsy walsy and come down harder on players when they don't pull their weight.
Surely he does this already but I don't get to many games so only see whats on screen.

I always thought he was a bit young when selected as captain but couldn't put my finger on an alternative. Fully expect as he matures he will really come on as a leader and hopefully the rest of the team will follow.

Very challenging times for the leadership vmasco . It's important to have good strong relationships with other players but at times you have to be more forceful as you say. It'll be interesting to see how things play out over the next month or so....

I think Lids is vocal, Cotch is example, Maric is heart, Jackson is brain, Riewoldt is blood
That's the leadership group right?
Cotch and Lids work very good with each other, but there's no surprise we're being criticised for a lack of leadership when half our leaders aren't playing

Cotch was upset at his teammates last week. Very down on them.

Realises that the group is not one that could get that next level.

He's a sore boy cause he's doing it all himself. Yet again. It's simply not fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotch was upset at his teammates last week. Very down on them.

Realises that the group is not one that could get that next level.

He's a sore boy cause he's doing it all himself. Yet again. It's simply not fair.
The core group, the spine of the team is YOUNG. The list is not in such a deep hole as you think, Bob.

He is clearly the best player in our team. Sadly for us the opposition have realised that too and are now paying close attention to him. Tonight some of his teamates were trying to help him out against his opponent but I believe they can still do more to ease the pressure on him. If Richmond can get back to their best form in 2013 and spread the load evenly amongst the players we will see the best of Cotchin. Brett Deledio eventually coming back into the side this season can only help Cotch as well.

As.said we are one gun.midfielder possibly 2 away from.a.complete.midfield... We needed to.keep.moving from last.year and continue growth with our players but our coaching board maybe too.nice of guys to move on the Newy and Foley and Grigg and it.hurts me.to say that. But it's the cost of success as all clubs raised the bar

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

The core group, the spine of the team is YOUNG. The list is not in such a deep hole as you think, Bob.
The thing is we are relying on young blokes to carry our old guys. Guys like Conca/Vlas/Ellis cop it when they put in a bad game but really they're kids. They should be just the role players. We expect them to be stars. It's the Richmond way. Need them to become the old blokes.

He is clearly the best player in our team. Sadly for us the opposition have realised that too and are now paying close attention to him. Tonight some of his teamates were trying to help him out against his opponent but I believe they can still do more to ease the pressure on him. If Richmond can get back to their best form in 2013 and spread the load evenly amongst the players we will see the best of Cotchin. Brett Deledio eventually coming back into the side this season can only help Cotch as well.
I'll get caned for this but Lids >>> Cotch

The thing is we are relying on young blokes to carry our old guys. Guys like Conca/Vlas/Ellis cop it when they put in a bad game but really they're kids. They should be just the role players. We expect them to be stars. It's the Richmond way. Need them to become the old blokes.

Yeah and.I get a feeling.that there might be a little.niggle.within the group possibly because if it

Yeah and.I get a feeling.that there might be a little.niggle.within the group possibly because if it

Some of the old blokes should be ashamed that guys like Lloyd and Gordon are showing them up. Fair enough Vlas and co are first rounders but these guys are picks in 50's/60's :p

Just think that alot.of the youth coming up are better in the new eras. As the standard from juniors is better than previous years and you mix that with pure hunger and desire and it's hard to.keep up

this:thumbsu:

Ive been thinking this for a while but just never knew how to put it. Its really starting to look like the players are not buying into Dimma.
Whether it be the game plan, player selections or position selections who knows but dont for one second think that if we are thinking about that players arent thinking about it either.

He turned the game on it's ear last night . Did some very good things when challenged including taking the game on through the centre corridor . Read the state if the game and was able to act and execute . It is what sets him apart from lids , IMO. Could quite easily be leading the brownlow . Hope he took some confidence out if last nights game and continues to take the game on .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back