Trigg to be announced as the new Carlton CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic (slightly) and not trying to sound like a troll....

Question for Crows supporters.

Do you think the Crows have become a victim of their own success? Two flags came unexpectedly to them early in the clubs history and they really have meandered ever since, happy being midfield and rarely going deep in finals. Did these premierships create some sort of inbuilt arrogance at the club, at board level at least? A sense of entitlement or even just a sense of contentment?
It's fair to say that AFC management have been sleep walking for the best part of the last decade in that they have been extremely complacent. Given they are totally unaccountable (only interested in own self-interests rather than the club or the "customer" supporters) & only promote from within, this has been extremely frustrating for us agitators. Hopefully with Roo being also annoyed at how this great club has just been tredding water & subsequently joining the board, the Roovolution has begun in cleaning out the boys club.

Voss is a failed coach with little experience. Not what we are wanting to tutor/support Sanderson.

Harvey is experienced in the role Baileys departure vacated. But has he said he was available?
Harvey is doing little this year & looking to get back into football.

Why have we not even sort him out to help short-term fix...

It's bullshit to say there is no one available to help out - but we prefer Noble to wear 3 different hats...

Has someone actually asked him if he would be heavily interested in a management role here? or are people just looking at names on list trying to justify criticism.
From out of Harvey's mouth himself - he is keen to get back into working at a football club. He has said so in public.

If this is such a HUGE win for the crows, why did they not move him on in on of the last 12 years?

TBF the Adelaide supporters as a whole have been calling for his head for about, well, for about 12 years now.

Ok, that might be an exaggeration, but if you were expecting opposition fanbases to be jealous of us and sad for the Crows then you were always going to be disappointed.

I will wait to see whether Trigg handles things differently at the Blues but I have my reservations, has been disliked by many a Croweater for years now.

If this is such a HUGE win for the crows, why did they not move him on in on of the last 12 years?

1. Up until this year, the Crows were effectively run by the SANFL. Trigg was a SANFL yes man.
2. It is also highly probable that Trigg took the fall for a complicit board in the Tippett debacle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong. They didnt put it "on the books" because they knew they would russle up enough third party endorsements that they wouldnt have to pay it. The AFL smashed.us because they said we were not seperated enough from the Balfours deal and that may have looked like we were getting money to him through third parties. Never mind that the AFL had allowed this before like Judd and Visy. The AFL makes it up as it goes along.
Crows never payed Tippett outside the cap, never exceded the cap and didnt tamper with the draft.

I'm pretty sure the Crows went to Balfours and asked them to move some of their sponsorship of the Crows directly to Tippett.

From what I have been lead to believe these additional payments would have been enough to breach the salary cap had you gone deep into finals with finals game bonuses being paid.

One thing is for sure, is that it's against the rules. Whether you broke the salary cap or not is irrelevant.

Wait, I missed this first time around - didn't tamper with the draft?

Carlton have a long standing history of trying to buy their way out of trouble. Problem is it hasnt worked since they poached Kernahan and Bradley.

Whenever any club hires someone for the top positions it can be classified as 'poaching' if you want to see it that way...unbelievable.

Tell me, in what way could Carlton have gotten a CEO without you slandering it as 'poaching'? Organisations often hire people from outside the organisation for high positions...

So whenever a club gets a new assistant coach from another, do you consider it as they 'poached' and 'tried to buy their way out of trouble'??

Was Trigg the problem at Adelaide or was it the club structure?
Bit of both. We were under the control of the SANFL until a few months ago, and as such we lacked member accountability - ie. It is suggested the board knew of the Tippett deal but let Trigg take the fall in exchange for keeping him on the payroll.

That's the sort of poisonous boys club culture members and supporters want to see banished

Bit of both. We were under the control of the SANFL until a few months ago, and as such we lacked member accountability - ie. It is suggested the board knew of the Tippett deal but let Trigg take the fall in exchange for keeping him on the payroll.

That's the sort of poisonous boys club culture members and supporters want to see banished

I didn't realise that

much has to change in SA footy and both PAFC and AFC need to continue to move away from the SANFL and their grubby hands

Was Trigg the problem at Adelaide or was it the club structure?

We have more General Managers than you could poke a stick at. The structure is horrid and needs a shrewd operator with a background in multi-million dollar corporations. That said, Trigg was so horribly out of his depth it was laughable.

Now if we could just do something about the Chairman and his sidekick...

Whenever any club hires someone for the top positions it can be classified as 'poaching' if you want to see it that way...unbelievable.

Tell me, in what way could Carlton have gotten a CEO without you slandering it as 'poaching'? Organisations often hire people from outside the organisation for high positions...

So whenever a club gets a new assistant coach from another, do you consider it as they 'poached' and 'tried to buy their way out of trouble'??

So out of my entire post you dont have any issue with what I said....except for the use of a single word?

I'm pretty sure the Crows went to Balfours and asked them to move some of their sponsorship of the Crows directly to Tippett.

From what I have been lead to believe these additional payments would have been enough to breach the salary cap had you gone deep into finals with finals game bonuses being paid.

One thing is for sure, is that it's against the rules. Whether you broke the salary cap or not is irrelevant.

Wait, I missed this first time around - didn't tamper with the draft?
How deep is deep, the very year this Tippett situation happened Adelaide was in the second to last game of the season.

Adelaide's vague draft tampering was to their own detriment to agree to trade unders to get tippett where he wanted.
It was just utter idiocy to put any special circumstances in writing, he's incompetent and idiotic to allow this and his behavior during the period of trade of being conveniently out of the country and apparently communication much of the time at perhaps the most important time in his tenure was a joke.

Carlton have got them self such an accountable fellow here.
Good riddance.

The biggest sporting organization in the state, with a mad AFL supported base, gifted a stadium by the AFL/Govt that he didn't want to go to.. And we still struggle to make a profit.

We didn't chase Burgess because we couldn't afford to pay him.

I suspect we didn't replace Bailey because we couldn't afford to.

We don't disclose our footy department spend.

Our coaching panel is full of amateurs, l-platers or ex-Crows who can't get a job elsewhere.

On top of that, we've lost the equivalent of 6 first and second round draft picks due to his ******* stupidity.

We are lucky not to be a shambles; but we are nothing like the powerhouse we should be.
Seriously Kingy, do you know someone on the board at the Crows? There is no possible way you could know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back