Trivia questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player, who never played a senior game, was delisted by the Brisbane Lions for allegedly***** selling marijuana to a major sponsor at a club function?

*****source = BigFooty poster, so there's a good chance it's not true.

Who had the distinction of kicking the first ever goal at Waverley Park?
I was at this game but only got there around half time of the ressies. Was a shocking place to watch footy - at the time there were no seats in the public areas, only concrete terraces - with 15m between boundary line and fence and the very low ratio inclination - you seemed miles from even the closest point of the ground.
show_image.php

Which player, who never played a senior game, was delisted by the Brisbane Lions for allegedly***** selling marijuana to a major sponsor at a club function?

*****source = BigFooty poster, so there's a good chance it's not true.

I know that's a dodgy question, so a bit of a hint - he was a first round draft pick.

Andrew Gowling is correct, BigCat.

I couldn't find much info on him, including any images, so if anyone knows anything, please update his roster watch thread.

Andrew Gowling is correct, BigCat.

I couldn't find much info on him, including any images, so if anyone knows anything, please update his roster watch thread.

That has got to be the silliest way to stop your football career short. In fact, it's more than silly, it's like tripping over the gutter on your way into the stadium where you are running the hurdles. The mind boggles.

Do people like early Fitzroy trivia?

Who am I? I was born in 1901. I am a premiership player. I won a best and fairest. I won a champion of the colony. I had two brothers who also played for Fitzroy. One died at 26 in WW1 and the other committed suicide two months after he played his last game of League football.

In 1925 I was suspended for 10 matches and in 1926 I was suspended for another 8 matches. Later in life I initiated numerous legal actions against various people of authority, resulting in the courts declaring that I as a 'vexatious litigant'.

My first thought was Clive Palmer, but I think it might actually be Jack Moriarty.

Not the answer I was looking for Mr R.

My career started a few years earlier than Jack's and I played a lot less games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A further clue, and I'll quote it to make sure I don't get it wrong.

In the 1923 Grand Final, Essendon defeated Fitzroy. ? was well held and 'took a tremendous battering and was awarded eight free kicks'. One legal commentator would later suggest that the head injuries ? suffered in that and subsequent matches partly explained the aggressive and confused behaviour he exhibited in his litigation.

Our only champion of the colony around that time was Goldie Collins, as far as I know, so I guess it must be him.

Didn't know anything about the other stuff, though. Mostly it's the good things that make the history books.

I remember being a bit surprised that he wasn't nominated for the team of the century, given his record. I suppose now I know why.

Our only champion of the colony around that time was Goldie Collins, as far as I know, so I guess it must be him.

Didn't know anything about the other stuff, though. Mostly it's the good things that make the history books.

I remember being a bit surprised that he wasn't nominated for the team of the century, given his record. I suppose now I know why.

Goldsmith 'Goldie' Collins is correct, TomFC. Sounds like he was a terrific player for a short period of time, but in the end only played 64 games.

Goldsmith 'Goldie' Collins is correct, TomFC. Sounds like he was a terrific player for a short period of time, but in the end only played 64 games.

I think the saddest thing about his story is that it obviously dissuaded a generation of Victorians from naming their sons 'Goldsmith', and the name unfortunately died out.

A great loss.

I think the saddest thing about his story is that it obviously dissuaded a generation of Victorians from naming their sons 'Goldsmith', and the name unfortunately died out.

A great loss.

Haha. It is indeed a great name.

OK, next question:

Who am I? I was born in 1967. I am a triple premiership player with Southport. I was the first Gold Coast player elevated to the Brisbane Bears list out of the QAFL competition. I played on the wing.

I'm a bit out of my depth with these trivia, but it isn't Marcus Ashcroft is it?

I am not Ashcroft, Ian. I played just under 300 games less than him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back