Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitely Janus

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you? - magic? Cute.

Everything they experienced would undoubtedly be explained scientifically these days. Not to mention the shysters being easier to expose.

How do you explain that in the supposed millions of interactions from sages to psychics, none of it can be proven.
I accept some things are unexplainable and try to keep an open mind rather than accuse all and sundry of mental illness.

I accept some things are unexplainable and try to keep an open mind rather than accuse all and sundry of mental illness.

The open mind is scientific enquiry, not 'oooh ghosts'.

7DCE81B9-39FE-4BA5-A09F-51BC490457B4.jpeg

Last edited:
It's weird how we live in a time where respecting everyone's different beliefs and being sensitive to their mental health (except for white people... sometimes not even white, look at old mate GP and the bashing he cops for being a proud believer in Christ) has never been more prevalent, but if you're anything less than militant in your dismissal of something not currently backed up by science, it's open season to begin to pile on someone for their lack of intellect and gullibility.

Last edited:

Dad rock started when rock/metal/grunge/alt/punk/anything with an electric guitar began to decline in popularity with youth to the point where most fans of those styles of music are now more people of stereotypical parenthood age than not, for the first time since the electric guitar was invented.

As I said the winery I worked in, the main building was an old farm house that was built in 1851. The original owners of the building had something like 13 kids but only 5 survived past early childhood. I never gave that place being potentially haunted a single thought as I didn't believe in it at all until a few things happened

1 - Part of the closing up process was making sure all the doors were locked, to the bathroom area, to the kitchen, the 3 doors outside, 2 doors in the hallway etc. 3 or 4 times over the years I would have shut and locked the doors, double checked etc. only for when I was counting up the takings to have hear a huge BANG like one of the doors being slammed shut. So loud that the window frames would shake. Went around and checked all the doors, all locked. One particular time I found a door which I 100% know I shut and locked was wide open. There could be explanations, maybe I didn't lock the doors, maybe something large hit the roof of the building, maybe there's a fair explanation for that.

2 - The door to my office was a very very old door which didnt have a door handle as such, it had a latch that you had to lift and shut the door. Because of the lean of the door it was either shut, or it was open against the wall. You couldn't have it slightly ajar as it naturally swung open and leaned against the wall. On two different occasions, the two shut itself. I had a witness on one of these occasions and when we tried to open the door, we couldn't open it for about 10-15 seconds, like someone was holding the door shut on the otherside. Noone else was in the building. I found that a bit weird and can't think of a logical explanation.

3 - Mentioning the children before. There was one time at night, I was closing up, sitting in the office, and the sound that went past the door could only be described as 5 or 6 children running quickly past the door and up the hallway, complete with distinct laughter and scuffs on the floor followed by another one of the locked doors banging shut loudly. Again, I can't explain that. There was nothing else that I could describe the sound as. Clear laughter of kids running past my door. It was 6:30 at night, noone within hundreds of metres of the place. One of the current owners had a similar experience.

I'm still not a believer, but they were odd experiences that I cant explain logically

Here lies most of the answers.

I don't like militant atheists any more than evangelicals. Believing in the supernatural though, who really gives a toss?

Not me, either way.

I just happen to side with the 'casually open minded' more than the 'aggressively assertive' approach to things more often than not.

I mean even old mate Macca is being mocked for describing some weird things but still saying he doesn't believe in ghosts despite it.

I guess nothing strange has ever happened to anyone ever, they are just too dumb to commence a forensic examination of the environment immediately?

Where's all the mocking?

I think some of you are overthinking something that is just a discussion.

Last edited:
Where's all the mocking?

I think some of you are overstating what is just a discussion.
It's just JBC trying to justify getting over involved again.

It's weird how we live in a time where respecting everyone's different beliefs and being sensitive to their mental health (except for white people... sometimes not even white, look at old mate GP and the bashing he cops for being a proud believer in Christ) has never been more prevalent, but if you're anything less than militant in your dismissal of something not currently backed up by science, it's open season to begin to pile on someone for their lack of intellect and gullibility.

Yes.

Something needs to be done to counter the rampant anti intellectualism that is destroying everything.

Calling it out for what it is is far less harmful than the s**t it causes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the key things about science, is learning and discovery, accepting we don't know everything about everything and seeking to find more knowledge.

To accept all things currently known by science as gospel (strange analogy), and that absolutely nothing can exist beyond that... well that doesn't sound very scientific to me.

Perhaps we should defund NASA, we must know everything about space already.

Dad rock started when rock/metal/grunge/alt/punk/anything with an electric guitar began to decline in popularity with youth to the point where most fans of those styles of music are now more people of stereotypical parenthood age than not, for the first time since the electric guitar was invented.

It's quite fun watching myself become old and realising what happened to my parents is happening to me

Yes.

Something needs to be done to counter the rampant anti intellectualism that is destroying everything.

Calling it out for what it is is far less harmful than the sh*t it causes.

What exactly about being open minded to supernatural is destroying EVERYTHING?

I mean, Janus is one of the biggest pushers of green, renewable tech here, which is good thing for planet Earth, but because he's not dismissive of ghosts, then he's an anti intellect holding the world back?

I like to mock the things he says as much as anyone else, if not more, but this is an ultimately harmless opinion that isn't going to negatively effect the lives of other people. If he or anyone else want to talk about ghosts, play on. If I can bite my tongue through sport that isn't AFL talk (you more than likely, not you personally being an actual person from that part of the world, but others, in general, don't really have a connection with english or arab billionaire playthings), then haunted houses are easy.

Last edited:
I dunno, I have kinda always liked most of my parents music. If there's a musical disconnect with me and my children, it will be a new experience.

Yeah in general my Old Man's taste was reasonably good except or a brief time in the early 90's when 2 of his best mates were dying of Cancer he'd play Mike and the Mechanics "In the Living Years" on repeat after knocking off a bottle of Johnnie Walker.

Yeah in general my Old Man's taste was reasonably good except or a brief time in the early 90's when 2 of his best mates were dying of Cancer he'd play Mike and the Mechanics "In the Living Years" on repeat after knocking off a bottle of Johnnie Walker.

The worst part of that is the Johnnie Walker. Don't get me wrong, I'm not listening to Neil Diamond records start to finish, but when Dad puts a best of in the cd player for long trips in the car, it could be a lot worse.

inb4 oh great, thread has turned back to alcohol elitism!

I'm just not a scotch guy.

on the topic of dad rock: dad rock is about the audience not the music. When music has reached an age where a majority its initial audience are parents it's become dad rock. This might be horrifying to those who were listening to music so cool only three other people had heard of it back in 1983, but everything becomes dad rock with the passing of time - except opera, that becomes Mamapera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back