Remove this Banner Ad

naita

Debutant
Sep 18, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
First Round

1 - Melbourne - Watts - obvious pick, best available in the position they need most. will be an absolute superstar

2 - West Coast - Rich - again, best available and no risks, will become a gun mid to complement masten and ebert. west coast are known for taking mids early in the draft and i think this year, with such a quality footballer at their pick, will be no different

3 - Fremantle - Naitanui - will become a great ruckman and hopefully a super player around the ground, need a backup for sandi and mids will be available in the second round

4 - Port Adelaide - Hartlett - probably the best available, could have taken vickery but hartlett looks to be another fantastic prospect, he and boak will be a formidable duo in the future port midfield

5 - Essendon - Ziebell - best available, can play in the middle or forward and will kick more goals than most of the mids here. very damagin player when he gets the ball. i probably rate him as the best mid in this year's draft

6 - Carlton - Vickery - will be lauging to snare him here, can play vic, kruezer and the fev in the one forward line next year, should help them in a push for the finals

7 - Brisbane - Yarran - will be surprised he has lasted to their pick and though they probably need a midfielder more, yarran is exquisitely talented and there should be mids galore in the second round

8 - Richmond - Sidebottom - will be very happy with another mid to add to their highly promising delidio and cotcin led future midfield

9 - North Melbourne – Swift - need mids so they will risk a pick on swift, will pay off imo

10 - Adelaide – Trengove - not johnson, dont need fwds as much as some think, tippet, walker and sellar should all come good, trengove can go down forward but can also hold down a key back role. more highly rated before injury but is a great pickup at this point in he draft

11 - Collingwood - Blease - bottom ager, breaks lines and should become a solid, pacy midfielder. just what the pies are crying out for.

12 - Sydney - McKernan - best available, will be used primarily as a forward but can pinch hit in the ruck or even go back as a loose man in defence. good, versatile pick up here

13 - St Kilda – Hurley - i believe that he will slide for a few reasons. obviously he didnt have a great dc, but more than that i believe that defeders are not as highly rated by recruiters these days. a big kid and some may believe he was playing below his weight in 18s. great footballer who reads the play very well so the saints will be laughing getting just the man they need to cover hudghton

14 - Western Bulldogs - Cordy - f/s, covers the bullies stocks in the long term

15 - Geelong - Johnson - great forward prospect, perfect for the cats

16 - Hawthorn – Robinson - will go with a player who can add something to the team in the immediate future as well as the long term, solid player without being outstanding.

Priority Picks

17 - Melbourne - Hill - will take a while to develop but should come good just as the dees do so.

18 - West Coast - Cornelius - got three smalls early last year so will go with at least one tall early. cornelius is the best available and should go well with kennedy as the marking chf.

Second Round

19 - Melbourne - Heyne - great pick here, can take over robbo's role straight away as well as becoming a midfielder in future

20 - West Coast - Suban - will be lauhging at picking up a quality small mid at this point. two mids and a quality tall is a good effort from this draft.

21 - Fremantle - O'keefe - have picked up a very good player here, solid off the hbf in the 18s and has great disposal, best mid available

22 - Port Adelaide - Schoenmakers - good tall forward prospect, great set of hands and good disposal also. is a local boy also, but probably the bes tall available.

23 - Essendon - Lisle - a real slider, essendon have got a mid and kpd with their first two - very good result imo

24 - Fremantle - Walters - hard to go past this guy. adresses the immediate need of small forwards as well as in the long term developing into a quality mid.

25 - Brisbane - Broadbent - probably the best midfielder available, tall mid who will run all day.

26 - Richmond - Roughead - needed to go tall with an early pick, maybe roughead is going a bit early but will be a good future ruckman

27 - North Melbourne - Hannebery - bottom ager who looks to be the goods, two solid-looking mids for nm is a good result. maybe would have liked a backman but none stand out at this point.

28 - Adelaide - Zacharias - would like a mid with an early pick, best available

29 - Collingwood - De Boer - will be laughing getting a very good midfielder at this point in the draft. works very hard and is a genuine, determined midfielder. will fight for the clearances and though his disposal isnt great, he is a very good pickup here.

30 - Sydney - Strauss - the best mid available, no frills player who has no real problems with his game. swans definitely need to develop a strong core of midfielder and strauss can add to jack, bird and veszpremi in doing so.

31 - Western Bulldogs - Brown - need to take a risk to capitalise on what i think is a short premiership window. mitch brown did very well all year and deserves a go in the doggies forward line.

32 - Western Bulldogs - Cahill - again the doggies are going tall as they desparately need to develop some strong kpfs. cahill and brown will be the centre of attention in a few years time taking the pressure off guys like higgins and hahn (and bj if he's still around)

33 - Geelong - Rockliff - slider, another forward to add to the doggies bow, a great pick up here

34 - Hawthorn - Pearce - a hard, determined player who will add to the hawks' rebounding defence.

not bad buddy but it seems to be a bit like everyones elses.

as a Richmond fan im pretty happy because we addressed our needs with taking a ruckman with pick 26# in roughhead and also happy with sidebottom at 8# altho i do rate him slightly lower than ziebell and hartlett

Good work.
I like this one alot, although I rate Hurley higher then Trengove to be honest because of Trengoves injuries.

I would love Trengove and Zaharkis at the crows :thumbsu:

Would be pleased with the 2 picks given to the Tigers here as I think it is the way they'll go. Get a very good midfield prospect and then address a list need by targetting a tall with the second.

apprently we rate him in the top 3 lpayers in the comp.
and ratten said they would choose the best player avaiable with their pick 6 and use pick 40 for the need

carlton would not go for vickery as they got warnock:thumbsu:

if vickery was available id be very surprised if they passed on him. i think they would take him more as a forward prospect in the immediate future and a long term versatile ruckman.

having kreuz and vickery in the one forward line would be very hard to match up on. then youve gotta worry about the fev. those two would take a significant amount of attention off fev and maybe allow him to reach the ton next year.

even though kreuz and vic wont hit their peak for a good few years, in the short term theyd pose serious match-up problems to every team in the comp.

I doubt we will take talls with all 3 of our picks, I know we need them but I reckon we will go Cordy, Tall, Midfielder!

i wouldnt be too surprised if that happened but i do think that the doggies will pull the triggger on mitch brown and i cant see you passing up on another quality tall if there is one available. there doesnt really seem to be any standout mids worth taking over cahill at that point. maybe ash smith or shuey?

no shuey??? where would he come into it
im tipping him as a 20-30 going by what i hear from a few important people

and no sloane either.. kevin sheehan tipped him as a possible first rounder.. i see him 20's aswell.. but a good mock, will probably end up being about 90 to 95% accurate
well done

having kreuz and vickery in the one forward line would be very hard to match up on. then youve gotta worry about the fev. those two would take a significant amount of attention off fev and maybe allow him to reach the ton next year.
if port let him pass and you guys take him you could have a very good forward line. with 2 ruckmen size forwards dominating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thatd be great.

naita
okeefe
walters
blight

would be a very good result. if only.
still, theres bound to be a quality mid left for us with our third pick if we're looking for one.

Pretty average from an Eagles standpoint. I'll be surprised if they take Cornelius ( and dissapointed !) as I don't think that he is what the Eagles need. I'm pretty sure that they would take Walters instead of either him or Suban.

that may be true. who knows, could just be some sort of ingrained bias against your mob.

i do think that they'll go at least one tall and i also think that cornelius in best available (although im going through a shoenmakers phase at the moment). might jump on lisle if available. whether walters or suban would be more valuable for you guys im not sure. i really think suban is a quality player and one who would probably go first round in any other draft. i also dont believe you guys are really crying out for a forward pocket. le cras plays the crumbing role well. we'll see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back