Universal Love Ultimate Footy 2015 - This Time, it's silliness - Draft Start Monday March 2 at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree with the weighting of categories. Part of the beauty of UF is that people draft with wildly different priorities because they are targeting different categories. If you make one stat two or three times as important then everyone will target that stat.

Striker475 you can combine the Frees for and frees against into free kick differential instead, I believe.

Yep, I don't have a huge issue with the system as it was last year... probably won my fair shair of matches on free kicks. Just throwing out suggestions. As long as we're all aware of any changes in advance of the draft, we can pick players accordingly. I'm not fussed.

Disagree with the weighting of categories. Part of the beauty of UF is that people draft with wildly different priorities because they are targeting different categories. If you make one stat two or three times as important then everyone will target that stat.
Agree entirely.

As it was. Makes for a more strategic game with the addition of some chance. I say some because you should be weighing up the reputation and record wigth the umpires. Add to that elite players and others get preferential treatment.

The one I was thinking:

2pts: Score, Kicks, Handballs, Tackles, Hitouts, Marks
1pt: GK%, FF, FA

Doesn't remove FF and FA from the equation entirely but lessens the odds of the 'random luck'. Means that if you win four of the six critical categories you win regardless. But doesn't remove them entirely - if you split the critical categories 3-3 then the more 'random' categories come into play.

Would love to be in (however aware this will probably only get me on the reserves list), don't often post here but I'm a frequent reader/visitor. I'm also in the Dees bigfooty Supercoach leagues, pretty keen on my fantasy football.

List is updated to the latest showing in this thread.

I'm putting a deadline of Friday, February 27th at 9pm for all of last years' players. This gives us plenty of time to organise and kick off the draft proper. I will go to the reserves list if those that haven't re-signed do so by then.

Captain Jack is holidaying i think, or overseas as he said in the Player Sponsorship forum
Correct, points for paying attention far too well.

Anyway I'm back now, and yes I will be in for this again. Hopefully my team holds up better this year - it fell in a heap dramatically during last year's finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not 2 divisions of 10 teams? That way we can play with 18 on the field and 4 on the bench as opposed to reduced numbers due to the spread out depth of a 16 man comp.

Spread out of a 16 team comp was good. Meant it was tough to have any quality replacements on the pine.

The problem with 18 players is it only recommends putting 16 on the field...you start to run out of players really quickly.

THERE IS A NEW SETTING FOR 2015 - TIME ON GROUND ACTIVATION FOR EMERGENCIES.

This means that subs will be replaced by the emergency if the emergency has a higher % of time on ground. Also means you get rescued a bit from a player getting injured 10mins into the first quarter.

I am setting the threshold at 35% - this covers subs that enter the game late in the 3rd quarter as well as 4th quarter and injury subs. That means if a player on the field has played 35% or less of the game they can be replaced by the emergency.

LEAGUE CREATED.
I'll message the players who've all confirmed as in.

The draft has been set to start on Monday, 2 March at 7pm.

Draft Order will be decided once we have 16 confirmed players. The order generator at www.random.org will be used again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back