Roast Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was a freo fan I'd probably never watch AFL again. Completely robbed. North got it very bad last week but this week was an utter disgrace. But don't worry you'll probably get an apology from the umpires boss.

Never had one of those ever.

Apparently we've never been on the end of a bad decision either.

Never had one of those ever.

Apparently we've never been on the end of a bad decision either.

The only time I think we have ever had an apology from the AFL is sirengate.

I thought we did but if not then I stand corrected.

You may be right, I dont really recall but I do recall that we didnt get an apology for the umpire's interception mark nor did we get one for the umpire asking the Essendon player if we could have the shot on goal after the Essendon player infringed.

It was pretty clear early on that the umpires were making calls in response to the crowd's reaction, rather than what they saw. Lots of very iffy calls which favoured Geelong.

You're a bit of an extreme bloke but this is the most measured reaction comment I've read all night, couldn't of put it better myself.

Good for you.

No. It severely needs to addressed. This is 3 weeks in a row now that the frees have been extremely one-sided against us. Tonight was easily the worst.

It was always going to happen , money talks and TPTB don't want a vacant MCG come PF weekend. I have reconciled myself to the fact that if we are going to win it this year , we are going to have to do it the hard way.

P.S. Reckon Tomwaterhouse.com had a tip off so He could offer $4.00 odds on a Freo win? :eek:

It was an absolute disgrace. I was absolutely fuming and going off my head as Azzlandia and everyone else at Moondyne Joes can attest to. I thought last week against Carlton was bad but this week was a lot worse. How Stevie J can kick Lachie in the head and then get himself a free kick I have no idea. How he can grab Sutty by the throat and get himself a free kick I have no idea. Why Bartel is a protected species and can duck his head and drive it in to a tackle and get a free I have no idea. How the umpires keep paying Selwood's blatent cheating I have no idea. How Sandi can get absolutely monstered each week being held and having his arm chopped but not getting a free I have no idea. If the umpires payed things both ways we would have won by a fair margin.
You missed christensen. Based on his technique he likely is a long lost selwood.

Good player. Horribly obvious drawer of frees by leading with the head and snapping the neck back on an angle.

F*ckwit umpires only payed them one way. Pannell was the real issue from what I saw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to, but I'm fueled by Freo tears. This is my power source.

Here's a suggestion and I'll put it as politely as I can but heck off back to your own board you piece of garbage.

Garbage gets put in the bin and that's where you'll end up.

You missed christensen. Based on his technique he likely is a long lost selwood.

Good player. Horribly obvious drawer of frees by leading with the head and snapping the neck back on an angle.

F*ckwit umpires only payed them one way. Pannell was the real issue from what I saw.

Same dude tried to hand it on a platter during the QF last year. Sterling soul who gave Pods a free before the bounce after he incited Dawson into a push and shove. Makes perfect sense he is umpiring again tonight - he was good as wearing the hoops last time.

Is someone going to ban the 12 year old from this thread?

Being born in South Africa and spending a little bit of time there I feel that I finally have a closer understanding to what some of the local people I knew were going through at the time. I know this is grandiose; but it's called 'Learned Helplessness'. It happens when despite everything you do right, you are wronged every single time tenfold in return.

You are shamed in a public arena, and even though thousands of pairs of eyeballs are available every one of them look the other way when they see you whipped lame, humiliated. You look everywhere for help, and trust in the rule of man to support you, but it never comes; your family and friends can't do a thing and the Law won't back you up.

We 'the Family' can't do a thing, we are voiceless and disempowered, the commentators are local Victorians and have local interests, the Umpires are either bought and sold or servants to an Apartheid regime. For some God unknown reason, our 'Leaders' won't weigh in an attempt to free us either. We are here, stuck in a cycle of pain and there's not a thing we can do about it, why? Because it's happened this entire year.

The positive is Apartheid ends, and those who were losers will be later to win, the time's are a changin, and our time is at hand.

2014 is not done my friends,

it's finally begun.

Here's a fun fact for you

Fremantle has the worst free kick differential in the AFL of - 52

Over the past 2 weeks we have had a free kick differential of - 26

Carlton 22 - 13 Freo
Geelong 31 - 14 Freo

I almost feel like that I might need to take a sign up to Brisbane along the lines of

Umpires - Remember to adjudicate NEUTRALLY!

You can do better than that if you're going to go to the trouble of making a sign.

"I've just about had it with you pathetic maggots"

The ferals in our crowd are going to be super feral next weekend.

I hear you all. Hell I was there for 3 quarters, copping it from the Geevegas members as our players were copping it from the umpires. But what is going to come out of our complaining? Sweet FA. We need to get so good that bullshit umpiring doesn't matter. To hell with fairness, we need to win in spite of that.
By the way I'm still travelling from the game. Crap.

Look mate there is a time and a place.
Not Cool!
This one has no spine. I don't even recall seeing him on the Geelong board before the game, the gutless yella turd.

Last edited:
No excuses. We were 1m from winning that game. Good to see the old Freo back in the last quarter and Mundy with his head over the footy.
but we should never have been in that position.....a 20 free kick difference by the 4th quarter is equivalent to having more than a couple of extra men on the ground, and could have had us way ahead.

When gambling is allowed in sport, things need to be far more transparent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back