Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COD is the most boring piece of s**t I've ever. How people devote days and days to it is beyond me.

Agree. It's for those that like playing online which is something I'm not interested in.

GTA IV > GTA V. V was a hollow game if there ever was one, with the most overrated map/setting in recent gaming

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Had such a bland colour texture.

It's why Black Ops was s**t as well. Everything just looked... not even emo, like the game was brain dead.

GTA IV > GTA V. V was a hollow game if there ever was one, with the most overrated map/setting in recent gaming

I bailed out of GTA V, my problem was I jumped on multiplayer, but with all the bugs I got tired of it, and single player just wasn't the same without people raging into their microphones when you left an ignition bombed car blocking their garage. Also, for all the talk of a huge immersive map, about 80% of it was as bland as a primetime reality tv renovation show.

F****ng loved Trevor though.

The map was s**t, the city area/los santos was s**t, the country side was slightly better but still s**t, the rest was s**t, underwater was almost the best part. The map is indeed grade a bland boring. I can't get over how they ****ed it up so bad. I much prefer Liberty City from IV, or the original San Andreas. Even the small VC and III maps feel more interesting. Quality > Quantity

This could go in the overrated thread as well.

Intellect is overrated. It's overrated in the way that people gauge how important or how much respect intellect gives one person.

People tend to compare both physical beauty and intellect together, and say intellect is the better of the two.

But why? Who ******* cares if someone is smarter than the other. You're not doing a job interview, you're not recruiting for the local spelling bee.

A lot of the attributes and skills we attain, is what we've been given by genetics. Intellect is no different. Of course, I'm not downplaying the importance of character, perseverance and good ol' fashioned hard work.

But the reason you don't look as good as the bloke next to you, who although can't spell perseverance but looks like Zyzz, is because you haven't put the time and effort into it, and have decided to put it into other things (or none at all).

On a slight tangent, people also sneer at people who work out or gym buffs, because for some reason they think it's easy. Well, it's not. You ******* idiot.

You dont think people can be genetically unattractive? That it's all just a lack of effort?

At the same time you imply that intellect is a genetic trait that cannot be improved with hard work and training.

Bless your heart meat head :)

You first fall in love with a face, but if they're dumb as dog s**t it doesn't matter. Intellect trumps beauty any day of the week.
Works the other way around too.

You dont think people can be genetically unattractive? That it's all just a lack of effort?

At the same time you imply that intellect is a genetic trait that cannot be improved with hard work and training.

Bless your heart meat head :)
Genetics for attractiveness can work both ways, but its the same for intellect as well.

And no I didn't imply that at all. I specifically wrote that I am not downplaying the hard work that someone has clearly put in to develop their intelligence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why? Who ******* cares if someone is smarter than the other. You're not doing a job interview
You kind of are (unless you're having some sort of one night, tinder themed deal).

If you stick with that person, you'll need to budget money together, make decisions on what sort of house to rent/buy, live with each other and even things like how to raise your kids if you go down that road. Looking pretty doesn't help with any of these.

There has to be a basic level of intelligence, otherwise you'll end up with an anti vaxxer who thinks Islam is a country, education is a waste of time and that a current affair is a suitable way of getting the latest information on world news.

You kind of are (unless you're having some sort of one night, tinder themed deal).

If you stick with that person, you'll need to budget money together, make decisions on what sort of house to rent/buy, live with each other and even things like how to raise your kids if you go down that road. Looking pretty doesn't help with any of these.

There has to be a basic level of intelligence, otherwise you'll end up with an anti vaxxer who thinks Islam is a country, education is a waste of time and that a current affair is a suitable way of getting the latest information on world news.
I wasn't talking in the dating sense.

I was talking in the general observation when judging others as a human being.

I wasn't talking in the dating sense.

I was talking in the general observation when judging others as a human being.
Ah ok, but then I'd probably still think that looks are even less important, I mean if you're not going to be getting in their pants, what does it matter how they look?

Ah ok, but then I'd probably still think that looks are even less important, I mean if you're not going to be getting in their pants, what does it matter how they look?
It doesn't but I wasn't talking about the importance of looks, I was talking about the inflated importance people place on intellect.

Take 2 people for example, Person A is not that great looking but is very intelligient, person B is good looking but is not overly bright.

The common perception would be, well, the worth of Person A is higher than the person of Person B.

But why? Why does intellect trump beauty? Why is there a need for them to be compared in the first place? For me, character, personality, morality, are things I judge by, these are things that people have far more control over (moreso than intellect and looks).

I find it very odd that these 2 attributes can't meet some sort of common ground. They are constantly being viewed as opposing, but my query is, why compare them in the first place? My unpopular opinion is, they don't need to be.

It doesn't but I wasn't talking about the importance of looks, I was talking about the inflated importance people place on intellect.

Take 2 people for example, Person A is not that great looking but is very intelligient, person B is good looking but is not overly bright.

The common perception would be, well, the worth of Person A is higher than the person of Person B.

But why? Why does intellect trump beauty? Why is there a need for them to be compared in the first place? For me, character, personality, morality, are things I judge by, these are things that people have far more control over (moreso than intellect and looks).

I find it very odd that these 2 attributes can't meet some sort of common ground. They are constantly being viewed as opposing, but my query is, why compare them in the first place? My unpopular opinion is, they don't need to be.
Definitely agree with this. Was thinking by intellect you meant all inclusive non-physical things, but there's absolutely no need to be breaking new ground in string theory research in order to be able to be a good mate.

But why? Why does intellect trump beauty? Why is there a need for them to be compared in the first place?
Because someone that has more intellect is more likely to contribute positively to society than someone who just looks prettier. And since the person that is more intelligent is more likely to contribute to society, doesn't that automatically make them worth more to the general public?

Because someone that has more intellect is more likely to contribute positively to society than someone who just looks prettier. And since the person that is more intelligent is more likely to contribute to society, doesn't that automatically make them worth more to the general public?
I don't care if and how people contribute to society.

Do you actually look at someone and evaluate how much they "contribute positively to society"?

I don't care if and how people contribute to society.

Do you actually look at someone and evaluate how much they "contribute positively to society"?
I'm talking about to the general public.

Individually everyone evaluates people on different things for different reasons. And I think you'll find people will judge more on personality than intellect.

I'm talking about to the general public.

Individually everyone evaluates people on different things for different reasons. And I think you'll find people will judge more on personality than intellect.
Did you read my example?

We're talking about two different things right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back