Unpopular tennis-related opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Federer is still #2 in the world. Hewitt has been struggling for years. But in an individual sport, it is always up to the player.

Federer won't win another grand slam, he's the AFL equivalent of a team that finishes 6th-8th and qualifies for finals action. The Richmond / North Melbourne type all hype and no real threat to the main players.

That being said yes you could say Hewitt is like Melbourne/St Kilda these days :D

I hate Azarenka and Sharapova's screeching more than the Fanatics chants, Basil Zempilis and Nazis.

Edit: After seeing her 'dance' just then, overall I hate Azarenka more than the above.

Clearly she hung out with Redfoo far too long

Unpopular Tennis opinions?

Tomic is turning a corner (tennis playing wise)

Kyrigios is something else.

Nishikori has replaced Ferrer as the 'almost' man to compete with Federer, Djoker, Murray and Nadal. Stan could be another.

Outside the top 5 guys Milos Raonic could seriously challenge for this years title. A well rounded beast of a player with a booming serve not afraid of coming into the net.

I hate Azarenka and Sharapova's screeching more than the Fanatics chants, Basil Zempilis and Nazis.

Edit: After seeing her 'dance' just then, overall I hate Azarenka more than the above.

is that the dance azarenka does after every victory?

Federer won't win another grand slam, he's the AFL equivalent of a team that finishes 6th-8th and qualifies for finals action. The Richmond / North Melbourne type all hype and no real threat to the main players.

That being said yes you could say Hewitt is like Melbourne/St Kilda these days :D

But Hewitt had more than one year of success.

my unpopular view, nadal is a drug cheat, an it will come out in time, ;)

Warning: bit of a rambling essay

Nadal is a tough one. A lot of the reasoning behind the Nadal accusations is pretty weak at the moment to be honest. You can't look at a player's physique and go he is definitely doping and with someone like Nadal with his background and dedication to training there are definitely plausible explanations behind his physique. I would find Djokovic's ability to all of a sudden be fresh at the end of five set marathons a lot more suspicious if you wanted to make accusations based on what a player is doing. People also cite Nadal's long lay-offs but it's common when it comes to tendonitis and and persistent knee injuries. Yes it is also common for dopers going through their cycles but if your going to accuse someone with a great degree of certainty then that isn't enough in my opinion. The treatment he was receiving for his knees is probably the only valid argument I have heard so far for why Nadal is doping until you start exploring the flaws in the ITF and Spanish doping procedures.

This may sound like an incredibly odd comparison but Jason Kubler's career is well worth a look at when looking at the problems Nadal has faced. Both were incredibly promising clay courters as juniors largely because of how they used their advanced physiques to hit the ball. Both are incredibly hard trainers and both have experienced chronic knee problems which have led to both taking extended breaks from tennis. Kubler is one of the last players you would expect to be doping but Nadal is the number one target for a lot of accusers because of reasons that you could level at Kubler.

I'm not a Nadal supporter and it wouldn't shock me if he was doping but I think a lot of the hate he attracts is quite unfair. A lot of people look at his physique, remember he is Spanish, and then go looking for reasons to confirm their suspicions in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though. Tennis has a significant doping problem. The leaked document from the ITF in 2010 pretty well all but confirmed this. Operation Puerto was another farce for the sport's so called 'Anti-Doping' practices. But in my opinion if you want to go all out and accuse a player then David Ferrer is the man you should be asking questions about.

Warning: bit of a rambling essay

Nadal is a tough one. A lot of the reasoning behind the Nadal accusations is pretty weak at the moment to be honest. You can't look at a player's physique and go he is definitely doping and with someone like Nadal with his background and dedication to training there are definitely plausible explanations behind his physique. I would find Djokovic's ability to all of a sudden be fresh at the end of five set marathons a lot more suspicious if you wanted to make accusations based on what a player is doing. People also cite Nadal's long lay-offs but it's common when it comes to tendonitis and and persistent knee injuries. Yes it is also common for dopers going through their cycles but if your going to accuse someone with a great degree of certainty then that isn't enough in my opinion. The treatment he was receiving for his knees is probably the only valid argument I have heard so far for why Nadal is doping until you start exploring the flaws in the ITF and Spanish doping procedures.

This may sound like an incredibly odd comparison but Jason Kubler's career is well worth a look at when looking at the problems Nadal has faced. Both were incredibly promising clay courters as juniors largely because of how they used their advanced physiques to hit the ball. Both are incredibly hard trainers and both have experienced chronic knee problems which have led to both taking extended breaks from tennis. Kubler is one of the last players you would expect to be doping but Nadal is the number one target for a lot of accusers because of reasons that you could level at Kubler.

I'm not a Nadal supporter and it wouldn't shock me if he was doping but I think a lot of the hate he attracts is quite unfair. A lot of people look at his physique, remember he is Spanish, and then go looking for reasons to confirm their suspicions in my opinion. Don't get me wrong though. Tennis has a significant doping problem. The leaked document from the ITF in 2010 pretty well all but confirmed this. Operation Puerto was another farce for the sport's so called 'Anti-Doping' practices. But in my opinion if you want to go all out and accuse a player then David Ferrer is the man you should be asking questions about.

Ferrer? He seems more honest than the lady serving cheesies at the canteen back in primary school

I've had a gutful of Fed, and took pleasure in him losing to Seppi the other night to watch everyones disappointment at him being out of the tournament. The amount of arse kissing he gets is overdone.

I also hope the Joker knocks off his slam record.

Maybe I'm just a prick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a couple of unpopular opinion.

1. I hate tennis
2. As someone earlier in this thread said ... screamers on the court should be disqualified
3. People who go to the tennis and have their faces painted with the Swiss flag, when they are clearly not Swiss, need to be committed to a mental institution
4. When some poncy male tennis player starts shouting at linesmen, I would LOVE IT if, just once, the linesman got up and punched the s**t out of the tennis player

Rant over.

Haha hates tennis but somehow finds themselves on a tennis forum having read the thread then goes on to tell us all how much he hates it and the players.

It's amazing that you hate the sport so much that you feel the need to rant and vent to people who don't care. I actually get satisfaction out of knowing the sport annoys you so much.

If Delpo wasn't injury prone he'd be a 2 time US OPEN champion and top 4 in the world. If Nadal wasn't injury prone he'd have between 16-18 slams and Federer would be on 14-15 slams. If Krygios was British, he'd get booed in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back