US Police

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a straight out murder.

Far from straight out murder, cop walks in and as the video shows, aggressive person holding a knife and threatening someone (who deserved it but the cop didn't know). Too far for a tazer to work for sure.

Good to see that level of information released.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Far from straight out murder, cop walks in and as the video shows, aggressive person holding a knife and threatening someone (who deserved it but the cop didn't know).

She was the one that called for assistance relating to a DV assault by the bloke sitting down. That's her young daughter watching.

It's probably justified self defence, but I wouldn't have pulled the trigger. For mine there was time to draw a bead on her with your handgun and give a strongly worded verbal command to drop the knife or else I'll shoot.

She lunges and then I'd drop her.

It's excessive force for mine, but there is likely enough doubt in it to stop the cop from being charged.

How awful.

Far from straight out murder, cop walks in and as the video shows, aggressive person holding a knife and threatening someone (who deserved it but the cop didn't know). Too far for a tazer to work for sure.

Good to see that level of information released.

Come off it. He didn't even ask her to drop the knife.She was 10 meters away.
He'll be diefnately going to jail, he has killed before . Some guy with no weapons.

She was the one that called for assistance relating to a DV assault by the bloke sitting down. That's her young daughter watching.

It's probably justified self defence, but I wouldn't have pulled the trigger. For mine there was time to draw a bead on her with your handgun and give a strongly worded verbal command to drop the knife or else I'll shoot.

She lunges and then I'd drop her.

It's excessive force for mine, but there is likely enough doubt in it to stop the cop from being charged.

How awful.
I agree he shouldn't have fired and the wrong person died. I was contesting the "straight out murder" comment.

Come off it. He didn't even ask her to drop the knife.She was 10 meters away.
He'll be diefnately going to jail, he has killed before . Some guy with no weapons.
She was next to the someone she was threatening. I agree it is a horrible outcome and probably excessive but not murder.

I didn't know he had priors for a similar thing.

He walked in the house and blasted 4 shots at her within 2 seconds.

She was holding a knife and had grabbed the bloke sitting down.

She didnt look to me like she was going to stab him though. If I was the door man, I would have lined her up with my firearm and firmly ordered her to drop the knife or else I'll shoot. There was time for that IMO.

Reckon there is enough there to put it in front of a jury to decide one way or another if the force was justified. He only needs to establish the defence on the balance of probabilities so he's a good chance to get off but it needs to go to a jury for mine.

For the record, I'd convict on a jury (for reasons already given). I don't think it had crossed the line into justified lethal force (but was awfully close).

The bloke she was threatening with the knife didnt think it was justified FFS. His first response was 'why the * did you just shoot her' implying he didnt feel like he was in any real danger.

A couple of times I have gone looking for videos of US police in action. There are lots of videos of them planting drugs etc taken on their own body cams.

One guy I recall was a state trooper who was promoted for all the drug arrests he got. But one day instead of picking on a poor black guy, he picked a well-off white woman. Her lawyer being paid $1,000 per hour not the $100 per case the public defenders are paid obtained the bodycam footage.

Other one where an anti-gang unit on their own body cam was seen planting a gun in bush. A couple of young black teens walk past, the squad jumps them. Find's the gun they say they saw the teens throw into the bush. One of the teens dads had money, real lawyer, obtained the full bodycam not just the bits the police released.

Given they are willing to commit crimes while wearing body cams, makes you worry about what happens when the cams are off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back