Vale Jim Stynes, 1966-2012 - A champion/hero - Statue commissioned for MCG Avenue of Legends

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jim Stynes Passes Away - Vale a champion/hero - Pay your respects here.

Jim Stynes embodies 'Brave', 'Heroic', 'Champion' just through his qualities as a human being. He didn't need to be the best at anything. Throw in the fact he was one tough champion that never gave up, and well...that's a legend right there folks. RIP Jim Stynes, I hope everyone takes something away from your story, and becomes a better person for it.

Only 45 ... such a sad and tragic loss

Still in shock, seems weird to say this but I felt like I knew him, got close to him after watching much footage of his struggle and seeing the work he did with his charity .. I'm sure I'm not the only one - he's touched the lives of many

will be sadly missed, condolences to his family and all that were close to him
I feel the same I'm not sure when it's going to hit home TBH

R.I.P Jimmy Stynes

Thank you for what you have done.

thanksjimmy.PNG

Not often you wish a fellow from another club was part of your club.

Jim Stynes is a champion - a rare breed.

A great footballer, but much, much more.

So sad to see a man that truly deserved a long and happy life taken so young.

A brave and inspirational gentleman.

My sincerest condolonces to his family in this time of mourning.

RIP sir.

We have all been very fortunate to have this great man play our game. He then showed his ability by pushing his club back from the brink of irrelevance & building it a bright future. He then gave us all a lesson in strength & humility in how he has conducted himself in handling his illness & ultimate passing. A truly powerful man. Sadly missed.

Doesn't matter who you support, everyone loves Jimmy.

Condolences to the Melbourne FC community and Jim's family and friends.

huge loss to the afl. his influence towards the game cannot be under-estimated. thoughts and condolences to his friends, family and everyone closely associated with him. gone, but never forgotten. r.i.p

Rest in Peace Jimbo.

Demons do go to Heaven!

You'll be Missed by many, a True Legend of the game, and a savior of the MFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP

A man who deserved to live a long and generous life. He seemed to never stop giving. Condolences to his wife and children.

“People like Jim and plenty of other ordinary Australians with lower profiles, they’re the real heroes in our society.”

Chris Judd, September 2010

Will never forget meeting him. Utterly sincere and still made you hang on every word. RIP Jimmy, you'll be much missed. One of the greats.

An incredible human being. In so very many ways.

Re: Jim Stynes Passes Away - Vale a champion/hero

Thank you Jimmy for all the memories and everything you did. My condolences to Sam, Matisse, Tiernan and all of Jim's extended family.

All Melbourne fans are indebted to Jim Stynes, and everyone who got to know him or just his story is better for having done so.

I was fortunate enough to meet Jim at the height of his powers while I was still in primary school. I will never forget the feeling of being lifted up -- all the way up -- by the big man, never before had I been so high off the ground. I guess that's how everyone who was lucky enough to meet him felt, in one way or another.

Thankfully his legacy will live on for many, many more years. We should never forget the fight he put up, it is a lesson to us all.

RIP Jim.

Deepest sympathies Jim's family, staff, players and supporters of MFC. An absolute legend on and off the field. Many great memories for me going to support Jim with my mum (dees supporter). Will be sadly missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back