Resource VFA/VFL Jumpers [image heavy thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryan Quirk's Inspirational 1988 Oakleigh Grand Final Speech

DrvtveA.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 1506809
From The Footballer 1878.
University wore Blue (most likely long sleeve) in their first years in the VFA.
In 1893 they joined the Metropolitan Junior Football Association which became the VAFA.
These are the colours they wore in 1878. They joined the VFA in 1885 and left in 1888. So between 1879 and 1907 when they joined the VFL they changed jumpers, but when did they?

These are the colours they wore in 1878. They joined the VFA in 1885 and left in 1888. So between 1879 and 1907 when they joined the VFL they changed jumpers, but when did they?
An excellent question. You might need to get in touch with University and see what information they have on their VFA seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Added a new Club Listing Page for Coburg

IrfYnmB.jpg

Not sure if you’ve ever come across it. Coburg wore a navy guernsey with the lion on the front (like the brisbane jumper) a few years ago- I assume post richmond split. I haven’t been able to find the photo of it but I’m pretty sure it had claw marks on the top. I did see a photo on Getty images recently by accident but didn’t think to save it. My guess would be they wore it sometime 2014

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure if you’ve ever come across it. Coburg wore a navy guernsey with the lion on the front (like the brisbane jumper) a few years ago- I assume post richmond split. I haven’t been able to find the photo of it but I’m pretty sure it had claw marks on the top. I did see a photo on Getty images recently by accident but didn’t think to save it. My guess would be they wore it sometime 2014

Look at the video in the post before the Mordialloc jumper page on this page above.

Look at the video in the post before the Mordialloc jumper page on this page above.

IMG_6606.JPG

Idk why I thought this was a home jumper for the whole season but turns out it was the indigenous round guernsey for 2018. Maybe an inverse would be cool for a clash/away kit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back