2nds VFL Grand Final: Footscray vs Box Hill Hawks, 21st of September

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sick of the bitching about who's playing for box hill. Harden up and just win the game dogs. Let's get em
Odds are Cyril is only good for 3 quarters at 75% intensity anyway, plus if he cops a hit from say a Redpath or Tom Campbell he'll probably be put on ice ;)

Changing the topic, i cannot believe Lower could be back. I thought he had an operation on his arm?

Amazing if he plays

We desperately need Lower to play because Port Melb midfield smashed us lastweek and I think Box Hill are stronger than Port. Great news if Sewell is out as this will even the midfield contest. Really excited about the game, hope we win, but irregardless this VFL season has been fantastic result and a coup for the Club.

Thought that may have been the case with Lewis injury concern

It's an exciting day. Amidst some of the doom and gloom of the AFL season has shone a bright light in the form of Footscray in the VFL. It's been amazing to be at the Whitten Oval this year to watch the team and see how many of us have been getting along. A terrific win against a well seasoned team at North Port last week, watching in the sun on the bank....great stuff!

This week....a grand final no less! Not to be taken for granted. It will be our toughest assignment yet. A Box Hill team complete with several non qualified VFL players but none the less a great challenge for our youngsters and one I welcome.

The only other concession I expected Hawthorn (a club that is called Hawthorn, trains and based in Waverly, plays half it's games in Launceston, and is aligned with Box Hill...what the!) to get was to have the game played in Launcestion.

I think playing for Footscray means a lot to the players and our supporters love it too and it's why we have done so well. I think this gives us an edge over a hybrid club like Box Hill who's Mustang soul has been gobbled up by Hawthorn to the extent that it barely resembles anything Box Hill.

Regardless of the result today, it's been a great initiative by the club to bring back Footscray. I look forward to hearing the chant at the Footscray end today.....let's outnumber the Mustangs.....sorry Hawk's supporters and as Teddy said "stick it up em!"

Foster might play himself into contention for a father son pick if he keeps playing like this. Fletcher Roberts got picked off the back of his GF performance in his draft year, maybe Fos will be in a similar situation.

Foster kicks another one
goal square ruck contest snaps on the left bang
I know its TAC level and all that but surely this kid is worth a shot. Great size, athletic and extremely accurate in front of goal. Theres definitely something to work with there, hope we've just been trying to talk him down.

A quick reminder for those interstate. The ABC won't be streaming the vision live into other states, but will have it on iView this evening.

If you want to follow the game live (besides the messages on BigFooty), the game is being broadcasted by www.3wbc.org.au (94.1FM in Melb's East).

If you have a question during the game (if someone is playing well or who they are lined up on), just tweet @3wbcfootball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its TAC level and all that but surely this kid is worth a shot. Great size, athletic and extremely accurate in front of goal. Theres definitely something to work with there, hope we've just been trying to talk him down.
Knightmare now thinks we will take Cordy and Foster with our third and 4th rounders - depends on bidding process of course.

McLean is killing it this quarter.

Wasn't allowed to bring my coffee in. What a ******* joke
But what if you had a bomb hidden in your coffee? Then what??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back