VFL VFL Round 2: Sandringham vs Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill Hawks 1.3-9 8.8-56 10.12-72 15.14-104
Sandringham 7.8-50 9.8-62 12.17-89 14.20-104
BOX HILL HAWKS
Goal Kickers: M. Hallahan 3, L. Lowden 2, P. Lawlor 2, B. Ross 2, M. O''Donnell 2, L. Tobin , R. Schoenmakers , J. Sicily , W. Hartung
Best Players: M. Lock, S. Iles, M. Hallahan, B. Lake, A. Litherland, B. Stratton
SANDRINGHAM
Goal Kickers: S. Ross 3, T. Lee 3, C. Shenton 2, T. Milera 2, B. Murdoch , T. Dennis-Lane , A. Siposs , A. Schneider
Best Players: A. Cockie, T. Simpkin, T. Milera, S. Ross, P. Flanagan, M. Weller

interested to know how billings and more importantly acres looked? are they definitely up to the pace of VFL senior level?

surely simpkin, lee, billings, schneider, ross and milera should be due for a recall.

also jason holmes, 12 disposals.. pretty decent effort for a first year ruckman playing at the second highest level. how did he look live? how was his centre square work?

Who does everyone think will get elevated if Wright goes on the long term injury list? Cameron Shenton seems to be in cracking form again this year. Maverick Weller has also had a good start to the year and I love his attitude

Who does everyone think will get elevated if Wright goes on the long term injury list? Cameron Shenton seems to be in cracking form again this year. Maverick Weller has also had a good start to the year and I love his attitude
#Holmes

It's got to be Mav Weller, he's in cracking form as a tagger and for the second week in a row has completely shut down gun players whilst finding a bit of the ball himself. Would really give our midfield group a harder edge and he is hungry for opportunity.

It's got to be Mav Weller, he's in cracking form as a tagger and for the second week in a row has completely shut down gun players whilst finding a bit of the ball himself. Would really give our midfield group a harder edge and he is hungry for opportunity.

I'm not sure it has to be. Shenton had a good year last year and has been one oh our best again so far. He's also more of a like for like for Wright. We already have Jones and Curren playing that defensive role at the moment.

Not that I would be totally against it. I love his attitude and it may give Curren a chance to play his natural game. It will be an interesting decision. We are blessed with our rookies IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure it has to be. Shenton had a good year last year and has been one oh our best again so far. He's also more of a like for like for Wright. We already have Jones and Curren playing that defensive role at the moment.

Not that I would be totally against it. I love his attitude and it may give Curren a chance to play his natural game. It will be an interesting decision. We are blessed with our rookies IMO.

Mav would have to play as a rebound defender I would think rather than a tagger if elevated. Shenton deserves a go at it. Watters gave him a quarter and that was it.

DEV SQUAD: Darren Minchington 19 disposals, 8 tackles, 5 marks

Daniel Markworth 18 disposals, 4 tackles, 2 marks, 1 goal

Elliot Le Grice 17 disposals, 2 tackles, 4 marks
How is Elliot Le Grice going? Stats look solid, but they only tell so much...

I see he played as a KPD on the weekend, but he's capable of playing forward too isn't he?

Any clues at to why he missed out last year?

Last edited:
interested to know how billings and more importantly acres looked? are they definitely up to the pace of VFL senior level?

surely simpkin, lee, billings, schneider, ross and milera should be due for a recall.

also jason holmes, 12 disposals.. pretty decent effort for a first year ruckman playing at the second highest level. how did he look live? how was his centre square work?
also i would like to add on this; for the second week in a row billings has been snubbed of being named in the best. according to the stats sheet, he is clearly in the best statistically, is there something for those who don't watch VFL like myself are missing, or should the bests not really be looked into to much..?

Saints In VFL is up!!! http://www.truezebras.com/saints-in-vfl-round-2/

Blake Acres 17 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 marks
Player Rating: 7.5/10

Acres played in the Development Squad last week and was named in the best. He played in the seniors on Sunday and continued his good form. He is very composed when he has the ball.

“I saw a bit of Blake last week [in the Development Squad] and he is maybe still a bit underdone [after injuries during pre-season]. He started to cramp a bit in the third quarter but I thought he did some fantastic things today. He is going to need a couple more games under his belt before we see the best of Blake,” Ronnie Verma told True Zebras.

Jason Holmes 12 disposals, 1 tackle, 40 hitouts
Player Rating: 7/10

The leap of the American is eye-catching and he got a lot of the ball. He had 11 handballs and is getting better every week.

“I thought Jason Holmes was outstanding against quality ruckmen. The amount of yardage he covers around the ground is fantastic,” Ronnie Verma told True Zebras.

Read full article here - http://www.truezebras.com/saints-in-vfl-round-2/

Obviously not a hard marker, I think the lowest score on their was 7.

TDL got a 6... The ratings are an average of 2-3 people's ratings. That way we get more realistic rating then just one persons opinion.

I'd go for either Weller or Shenton, and Shenton getting the nod

How is Elliot Le Grice going? Stats look solid, but they only tell so much...

I see he played as a KPD on the weekend, but he's capable of playing forward too isn't he?

Any clues at to why he missed out last year?

"I thought he played really well until he got a corky which slowed him down a bit. He has had 17 disposals which is fantastic for a kid in his first year." - Ronnie Verma

Inconsistency was his major issue last year mate.. Stay tuned I may have an article in next few weeks that may interest you ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back