MRP / Trib. Vickery Gets 4 Weeks - Back for Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different philosophies I guess. I just think it takes a bigger man to walk away and forget about it than to retaliate, but I can see where you are coming from.

Not meaning to stir up any arguments on here. :)
The bigger man would try to win the ruck contest without winding his opponent.

Watched it again. Vickery has eyes only on the ball, has a swing at Cox (most likely aiming at his chest), what he didn't expect was that Cox would be crouching so low. Seriously, Cox is 4cm taller, yet at the time was about 15cm lower than Vickery. Not to mention as he swings hes arm slides up Cox's arm.

Vickery is an unco person, he runs unco, he plays unco, he is unco. Yes he deliberately went to whack Cox but honestly believe went to get him in the chest and because he had eyes only for the ball in the contest has misjudged & whacked him in the jaw.

I completely agree with you there Tyrone is as unco as you can get for a professional footballer, and while it's obvious he meant to whack Cox I think he was aiming for the chest.

Ty's arm swung at a right angle, maybe around 90 to 95 degrees from his body. Normally, if Ty (200 cm) was standing next to Cox (204 cm) and swung his arm at that angle it would hit him in the upper chest. It was just unfortunate that Cox had squatted for the ruck contest.

The bigger man would try to win the ruck contest without winding his opponent.

Watched it again. Vickery has eyes only on the ball, has a swing at Cox (most likely aiming at his chest), what he didn't expect was that Cox would be crouching so low. Seriously, Cox is 4cm taller, yet at the time was about 15cm lower than Vickery. Not to mention as he swings hes arm slides up Cox's arm.

:thumbsu:

Oh turn it up, Vickers recovered because the ball was thrown up and it was instinct. I agree Cox is a legend but also father time caught up to him and he decided to throw his wait around and the Kama train hit him. Now what Vickery did was silly but to suggest Cox was squeaky clean is laughable.

on a side note. Cox did look flacid after the blow

"Looked" flaccid, as in chose to break his fall with his face, right?

Maybe the AFL and Patersons Stadium ground management should look at the fans who can get so close to the bench. Just an incident waiting to happen that doesn't need to be there.

View attachment 70066

Ty should have knocked him out too ;)

Pay Vickery a free kick after he is elbowed in the chest instead of saying "Deano...no". Problem avoided in the first place.

agree that the initial elbow deserved a free kick but it was the sort of thing you see on and off the ball every single week.

the response was clearly retaliatory (= pre-meditated), excessive and a low dog act that no player or fan should be proud of. he'd have an easier time arguing clumsiness if not for the elbow. i'm not saying these don't happen from time to time as well, but ty will probably get 4 weeks off if they view it to be as bad a look for the game as the brian lake incident.

i'd love to believe the mrp will overlook the lecras bump but likely it will be viewed as unnecessary and will probably earn him a week.

well done on the win. tigers handled the conditions a lot better than west coast and made more of their chances.

TiggerMan22, that's how I saw it. Eyes on the ball, swung arm, TV intention was to put Cox off balance. Cox body was lower than TV. So of course he would hit him high.
Three weeks down to two, penalty for the mums, so the kids keep playing the game.

agree that the initial elbow deserved a free kick but it was the sort of thing you see on and off the ball every single week.

the response was clearly retaliatory (= pre-meditated), excessive and a low dog act that no player or fan should be proud of. he'd have an easier time arguing clumsiness if not for the elbow. i'm not saying these don't happen from time to time as well, but ty will probably get 4 weeks off if they view it to be as bad a look for the game as the brian lake incident.

i'd love to believe the mrp will overlook the lecras bump but likely it will be viewed as unnecessary and will probably earn him a week.

well done on the win. tigers handled the conditions a lot better than west coast and made more of their chances.
Next time you see it, look at were Vickery is looking and look at how low Cox is crouched. It was as much as a dog act as elbowing someone in the gut to win a ruck contest.

Go back to your own board where everything is the AFL's fault and keeping standing by Tird. **** off.
go back to the kitchen and microwave your membership while crying about how tough it is being a richmond supporter not being able to see them win a flag in your life time

Is this getting more publicity and more harsher media reaction because Cox announced his retirement?
If Cox for example said that he was going to extend his contract for one more year and he gets KO'd will there be more of a harsher media reaction?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go back to the kitchen and microwave your membership while crying about how tough it is being a richmond supporter not being able to see them win a flag in your life time

Tell me. Where are you? Are you on the Bay 13 Board or Richmond Board?

Fu2 partner we care little for your tripe , spew your bile into the cesspit that is the bombers board where you'll be amongst friends

Is this getting more publicity and more harsher media reaction because Cox announced his retirement?
If Cox for example said that he was going to extend his contract for one more year and he gets KO'd will there be more of a harsher media reaction?
If he'd done it to Leroy Jetta he'd be getting applauded and Jetta would be up for staging. Jesus this sport really has turned soft.

:(

At the end of the day cox is likely to be held to account for the dirty tactics he chose to employ, there aren't too many humans that wouldn't retaliate under same circumstances , anywhere anyplace at any time , it's called extreme provocation , bit like when Petrie gouged lake ... Seeing there was no long term damage, the rightful decision would be a reprimand

How could it be intentional when he had his eyes clearly on the ball? He has swung his arm around stupidly and clocked him flush on the jaw, but he could have made contact anywhere and IMO he was probably aiming for his upper chest. I would be arguing reckless.

so on one hand you'd want to argue it was 'provoked' and on the other hand, it wasn't 'intentional' or premeditated.
reckless only works if it wasn't premeditated. It wasn't reckless, it was intentional, and if its intentional then it doesn't matter if he 'meant to hit the chest'... the fact is he smacked him in the head, with intent. The guys is a ******* idiot.
He even did it at a moment when he must surely know the camera would be close up on him in 3 angles...

Do we have a no-Dickheads policy? would apply here if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back