Video game catchall

Remove this Banner Ad

My birthday next month. Hoping my 6 month campaign of subtle Wii-U related hinting to the wife comes to fruition.

You'll open this.

Leecar.jpg

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is apparently awesome on the Wii U (it's awesome anyway) so I wouldn't write off all FPS games.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is apparently awesome on the Wii U (it's awesome anyway) so I wouldn't write off all FPS games.

That's good to hear ... every one I've played so far has just had frame dropping issues compared to a 360. I actually really like the gamepad - it ads another dimension for things like maps/inventory etc.

That's good to hear ... every one I've played so far has just had frame dropping issues compared to a 360. I actually really like the gamepad - it ads another dimension for things like maps/inventory etc.

I've heard good reports on the hacking mini games and the like on the gamepad as well as access to the map at all times. Great stealth/action first person RPG that doesn't feel like the action elements are decided by random number generators.

Hey mate, we started on Pago - only seemed to be a high level population on there. We were only in the low 20s. We've started new characters on Widow and we are dominion.
You guys in Levian Bay or Crimson Isle?

I went through levian. Character name is Mortlock not sure if I will be on tonight, but add me to your friends list.

I went Crimson Isle, but I'm nearly done there on the medic who I'll shelf for a while cos I like my Stalker far more.

My account name is karix, I think you can send a friend request for an entire account.

Otherwise my Stalker is Yuriko and my Esper is Drattosi

A funny thing happened on my way to play MMOs. I watched the preview gameplay from Dragon Age 3 and went and played Dragon Age 2. That game holds up well, especially in character models, character dialogue and story. Not sure if I will finish a second run as Hawke (hardass-femHawke this time as opposed to cheeky ManHawke last time) but so good.

I also started The Witcher 2 which after screwing up the combat in the tutorial promptly put me in the baby class and had me play on easy. As I am there for the story - this works just fine.

That DA3 footage below.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really just getting into W2 now. I kind of avoided W3 footage because I found the first game so hard to get into (started it 3 times and never got into the city), but after kicking of Witcher 2 on the 360 and enjoying it I'm kinda interested.

Having said that, these guys have a well established pattern of releasing the game then sexying it up 12 months later in an enhanced edition so I'm not sure if I'll pick it up on launch.

Depends on how my PC is holding up and how good it looks on XBone. I might want to really play something on the XBone.

People still buy game guides?!?!

Wiki communities absolutely destroy game guides these days.

Suspect we chose the same site to build our house Chez. The little elevated hill above the lake? (with an annoying Necromancer camped below)?

Very similar character builds too, albeit my character is an Imperial who turned anti-Empire. Have maxed out smithing and enchanting. Great combination. Have created some epic enchanted weapons and full enchanted dragon bone armour.

Very similar character builds too, albeit my character is an Imperial who turned anti-Empire. Have maxed out smithing and enchanting. Great combination. Have created some epic enchanted weapons and full enchanted dragon bone armour.
SPLITTER!!!
ppfj.jpg

Lol. Just suits my self-loathing white middle-class bleeding heart persona. Skyrim belongs to the Nords.
I never liked Ulfric the time I played as a Stormcloak so it was Colonel Tighe and the Empire for me ever after! Playing non-humans tends to make you dislike the Stormcloaks.

I never liked Ulfric the time I played as a Stormcloak so it was Colonel Tighe and the Empire for me ever after! Playing non-humans tends to make you dislike the Stormcloaks.

Yeah, to be honest I partially regretted supporting the rebellion when Ulfric revealed himself as a bit of a narcissistic douche. Beauty of the Elder Scrolls series though. So well written and conceived... very little is clear black/white good/evil.

A major reason why Oblivion was so disappointing and a misstep for the series. It was far too shallow in that regard. Daedra bad - everyone else good.

People still buy game guides?!?!

Wiki communities absolutely destroy game guides these days.

Suspect we chose the same site to build our house Chez. The little elevated hill above the lake? (with an annoying Necromancer camped below)?

Yeah, but I am getting turned off by the internet. Stupid technology. I love a good book I can have beside me.... while getting lost in a fantasy world through technology :D

Lake Manor is lovely place, although on my previous playthrough (before I restart because I messed up my build) I did start making a house in Dawnstar.... right near some Giants!

Almost every playthrough, I run it almost as a person just trying to live, I don't stick to one big quest line, its more about growing the character everyday. I might do a few jobs for the Companions or persue my destiny as the Dragonborn, but after selling my goods and taking arrows to the knee, I do just wonder back home and then see what other quests I can do.

My enchanting is good. My smithing is already at 50 so I can make Nordic armor. Finding Ebony ignots are going to be a bitch though as I don't want to buy them. I want to create my Nordic Armor, enchant them for me, but then continue smithing and enchanting armor and weapons for sale. Profit!

Yeah, but I am getting turned off by the internet. Stupid technology. I love a good book I can have beside me.... while getting lost in a fantasy world through technology :D

Lake Manor is lovely place, although on my previous playthrough (before I restart because I messed up my build) I did start making a house in Dawnstar.... right near some Giants!

Almost every playthrough, I run it almost as a person just trying to live, I don't stick to one big quest line, its more about growing the character everyday. I might do a few jobs for the Companions or persue my destiny as the Dragonborn, but after selling my goods and taking arrows to the knee, I do just wonder back home and then see what other quests I can do.

My enchanting is good. My smithing is already at 50 so I can make Nordic armor. Finding Ebony ignots are going to be a bitch though as I don't want to buy them. I want to create my Nordic Armor, enchant them for me, but then continue smithing and enchanting armor and weapons for sale. Profit!

Yeah you just have to suck it up and buy your Ebony (and your soul gems). The smith at the Dawnguard fortress is a good source for ingots, and the Mage at the palace in Whiterun is good for soul gems. Smith, enchant, level up, sell goods, buy supplies.... Rinse repeat.

Only problem with my Lake House is that I have a dead dragon literally on my door step and it won't go away!

Yeah you just have to suck it up and buy your Ebony (and your soul gems). The smith at the Dawnguard fortress is a good source for ingots, and the Mage at the palace in Whiterun is good for soul gems. Smith, enchant, level up, sell goods, buy supplies.... Rinse repeat.

Only problem with my Lake House is that I have a dead dragon literally on my door step and it won't go away!

I did read that there are TWO ebony mines near Riften, that restore after 30 days, which are good sources for ore. My character is staying in Riften at the moment, so I was thinking of chasing them down. I want my freakin Nordic Armor!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back