Video Game Music

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and my mate spent many a Saturday night flogging that game to death back in Primary School.
"Hawk, jams into first!"
"Viper, is in another timezone!"
Also, when the announcer says Last Lap, it always sounded to us like Flap Flap. Love that game.

Some of you guys may want to head to this.

Source: http://itechreport.com.au/2011/08/29/video-games-live-set-to-tour-australia-in-2012/
The amazingly entertaining Video Games Live will be arriving on Australian shores some time next year, visiting many of the country’s major cities.

Video Games Live is a much loved concert group that plays theme music from a number of iconic video games.

Modern video game franchises including Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Sonic, Legend of Zelda, Metal Gear Solid, Tetris and Asteroids have all been given the musical transformation by the group.

The group will be visiting a much wider city group including Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and even Auckland in the 2012 tour.

sorry at work so cannot post clips but the 2 games that made me go wow when i was younger was xenon 2 on the amiga (other versions music was crap) and cannon fodder as well - the intro

later ocarina of time impressed me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it may not be considered "good" music. This is the funniest and most amusing I've come across in a video game. You will have to watch from 2:30 onwards. The Monkey Island series have to be the funniest games made.

While it may not be considered "good" music. This is the funniest and most amusing I've come across in a video game. You will have to watch from 2:30 onwards. The Monkey Island series have to be the funniest games made.

Bring back so many memories. Haha

Battlefield: Bad Company 1 had some really good music, I don't think I ever tired of it. Unfortunately EA went all serious with Bad Company 2, and forgot to produce a half-decent soundtrack. Although cruising down the Mekong in a PBYB to the tune of Creedence's Fortunate Son went some way in making up for the regular game's poor music.

Not from an actual game, but from an awesome metal band that covers video game tunes:

Also, one of many great songs from the game with the greatest soundtrack of all time (Brutal Legend):

Remove this Banner Ad

Back