Rumour Voss to coach dogs in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh geez surely the dogs aren't this stupid, they did watch some Brisbane games during the worst period of their existence didn't they?

I reckon Voss would be a good coach if he got a second chance.

Some bad recruiting decisions were made a few years back and after an internal review it was discovered that the guy had very little support around... Don't think the lions had much money to throw into the coaching department back then and Voss learning the role was too exposed with too little experience around him. Also recruitment is not the coach's sole responsibility but he does need to take the blame.

Did a great job developing some of the kids the lions have now. Rockliff is a great example.

People seem to forget that a 1 point margin in 2 games in the final round in 2013 would have meant finals for the lions which is testament to the way he turned our ageing list around.. He made some mistakes but he also did some great things as a coach.

I'd love to see the guy get another crack.
I reckon most of that is fair enough. Seems Leppitsch has a lot better situation to work in.

Very hard to recover your reputation in Afl coaching though. One strike and you're out.

I hope he does get a second chance though. And Ratten, too.

You'd think a coach who has prior experience would be absolutely raring to go. It's ludicrous the amount of sacked coaches in the AFL that aren't given another go.

I hope he does get a second chance though. And Ratten, too.

You'd think a coach who has prior experience would be absolutely raring to go. It's ludicrous the amount of sacked coaches in the AFL that aren't given another go.
It's way more lucrative to become a media guru telling one and all how to do the job they failed at. A la - Bartlett, King, Wallace, Frawley...........

Why would Canterbury want a new coach right after a GF appearance?

Why would Canterbury want a new coach right after a GF appearance?
They might feel that Crazy Vossy and James Graham would get along well?

I get the feeling Vossy might be heading to GC. Not as head coach though.

Just because voss became a great player. Doesn't necessarily mean that would make him or other great players good coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back