Oppo Camp WADA appealing Essendon decision

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, everyone else seems to have their own thread :p
I actually wouldn't mind we had our own thread on it... as you said everyone else seems to.

I'm kinda torn between feeling sorry for the players if it drags out to 3 years total... and just wanting to see the club go down in flames and languish for years Carlton style

Maybe I can have both... we can see that and then I'll feel a little bit sorry for the players

I actually wouldn't mind we had our own thread on it... as you said everyone else seems to.

I'm kinda torn between feeling sorry for the players if it drags out to 3 years total... and just wanting to see the club go down in flames and languish for years Carlton style

Maybe I can have both... we can see that and then I'll feel a little bit sorry for the players

I would like to think our players were smart enough that if they were being taken off site and jabbed with more needles than a pin cushion, thay'd be asking serious questions as to what the hell was going on. No sympathy for the players from me.

I would like to think our players were smart enough that if they were being taken off site and jabbed with more needles than a pin cushion, thay'd be asking serious questions as to what the hell was going on. No sympathy for the players from me.
I agree with that... my sympathy more is about how long it's taken, no doubt they would all prefer it was sorted much quicker and they could get on with missing games or moving on.

I agree with that... my sympathy more is about how long it's taken, no doubt they would all prefer it was sorted much quicker and they could get on with missing games or moving on.

Hasn't that had more to do with Essendon complicating matters than anything else?

Hasn't that had more to do with Essendon complicating matters than anything else?
Yeah they haven't helped their cause that's for sure.

Just seeing tweets re: Hirds press conference... he is saying he is suprised and the players were found comprehensively not guilty.. that's not actually true though is it? Wasn't it just that they couldn't prove to a comfortable satisfaction that they took stuff even though all the evidence pointed to them taking it?

Just seeing tweets re: Hirds press conference... he is saying he is suprised and the players were found comprehensively not guilty.. that's not actually true though is it? Wasn't it just that they couldn't prove to a comfortable satisfaction that they took stuff even though all the evidence pointed to them taking it?

We know Hird has his head so far up his own arse on this he has to brush his teeth via his rectum, so that's no surprise.

They say where there's smoke there's fire, and this wouldn't have dragged on for as long as it has if Essendon hadn't done anything wrong, simple as that.

They are about to get completely destroyed and deservedly so. WADA aren't appealing frivolously here of that I am certain. The bullshit that's been causing this whole thing to go round and round in circles here is about to be removed and the EFC (and possibly the AFL as well) are about to be exposed as cheats, scammers and frauds.

I wonder about that myself. I would like to think that a) the players wouldn't be asked to put themselves in a situation like the EFC players were, b) our leaders would be the type to speak out against such a thing if it WAS asked of them and c) if not a) or b), we would have a few players who would baulk at following the leader and any attempt to enforce routine injections would've fallen apart.

Having said that, though, the group mentality amongst these kids is very strong- and it's what makes teams great. Who knows what may have happened if they'd been told that this was what they had to do?

I am just so glad that it wasn't the GFC. I'd be devastated to learn that these things were happening at our club.

I wonder about that myself. I would like to think that a) the players wouldn't be asked to put themselves in a situation like the EFC players were, b) our leaders would be the type to speak out against such a thing if it WAS asked of them and c) if not a) or b), we would have a few players who would baulk at following the leader and any attempt to enforce routine injections would've fallen apart.

Having said that, though, the group mentality amongst these kids is very strong- and it's what makes teams great. Who knows what may have happened if they'd been told that this was what they had to do?

I am just so glad that it wasn't the GFC. I'd be devastated to learn that these things were happening at our club.

David Zaharakis was smart enough to say no. That removes the peer pressure or Hird mentality excuse for the rest of them if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The result was due more to ASADA having to present their case to a tribunal with a vested interest, than any ability of the EFC to prove they were clean.

We know Hird has his head so far up his own arse on this he has to brush his teeth via his rectum, so that's no surprise.

They say where there's smoke there's fire, and this wouldn't have dragged on for as long as it has if Essendon hadn't done anything wrong, simple as that.

They are about to get completely destroyed and deservedly so. WADA aren't appealing frivolously here of that I am certain. The bullshit that's been causing this whole thing to go round and round in circles here is about to be removed and the EFC (and possibly the AFL as well) are about to be exposed as cheats, scammers and frauds.
What SHOULD have happened first of all is Dank should be taken to court by the AFL and the EFC. He's been supplying unknown chemicals and injecting them into the players. Definite case for abuse- and the Australian Medical mob/Doctors Association should be right onto it, too - but there's an eerie silence from their camp.

This won't happen because both the AFL and the EFC know that all the proof they've been desperate to hide will come out. Dank's supplier and his compounding chemist will be forced to testify. They know exactly what they've provided him with. His records show what he's injected the players with but- strangely- nobody seems to be able to find those records. So have Essendon destroyed the records?

Half the evidence is not admissible- because of stupid legal technicalities- if they were fair dinkum in trying to get to the bottom of this, both the AFL and the EFC would be leaving no stone unturned in finding evidence. All their bleating about "not guilty" is pure rubbish. The players have not being found "not guilty" but, instead, have been let off the hook because of a lack of evidence- or a lack of admissible evidence. (As shown by the EFC trying to stop the players' statements being used as evidence, due to them being "falsely obtained", etc. etc.)

The HQ at the EFC and at AFL House are starting to look like this:

image.jpg

The result was due more to ASADA having to present their case to a tribunal with a vested interest, than any ability of the EFC to prove they were clean.
It's all just a case of protecting the brand, IMO.
There are probably other clubs treading the wrong side of the line- and the AFL would be aware of this, hence trying to stamp out this conflagration before it spreads elsewhere.

To think that, if the EFC had just copped their whack earlier, we'd have heard nothing more about it. The more they all protest, the more we believe they have something to hide. :)

The best possible decision would be for the AFL to withdraw from WADA. This body and its Australian representative have created a situation which has infringed on a national sporting institute and affected the lives of many Australians. It took ASADA 2 years to conclude that it did not have enough evidence to charge any Essendon players, it is one thing to be incompetent but another to be incompetent and play politics using the media to attempt to affect outcomes, which is what both sides did, however in the case of Essendon they were defending their administration and players while in the case of ASADA they were projecting their power.

I think Hird was an idiot and many in the administration of the Bombers were irresponsible nevertheless they did not break the law and that same incident is unlikely to happen again. I hope this is a lesson for all AFL clubs that the public will not put up with a certain level of extreme processes in the training and development of players fitness.

I am sick of this s**t and want to get back to the footy, the Bombers are a required team and club for the AFL, and it is time to move forward. If the WADA want to continue this meaningless projection of sports authority power then the AFL should pull out. I am confident* that the AFL can continue to monitor and ensure that proper due process is made clear to all clubs, that certain procedures and player welfare must be maintained and kept as a priority and that the Australian public will not accept an American-style "whatever it takes" attitude in this sport.

*Said in a way a politician might say.

There are probably other clubs treading the wrong side of the line- and the AFL would be aware of this, hence trying to stamp out this conflagration before it spreads elsewhere.

To think that, if the EFC had just copped their whack earlier, we'd have heard nothing more about it. The more they all protest, the more we believe they have something to hide. :)

I reckon the verdict was pre-determined, and the corruption between the EFC and AFL is an offensive stench to the majority of supporters.

It's plain to see what went on here, but wide-eyed claims of surprised innocence, obstruction and sheer thumbing of the nose at ASADA is rife.

Let's hope Big Brother metes out what they deserve.

Everybody is pushing their luck with regards to 'sports science' I have no doubt, and that includes us. It's just the way it goes in sport these days unfortunately.

What annoys me more than anything is that, pretty much as you were saying, Essendon have all but been caught red handed as far as I'm concerned. The league has given them enough wriggle room to try to cover things up and save face. That's not just good for the EFC, by extension it is also good for the league itself.

There are a lot of people in this mess from the top down with some serious delusions of grandieur issues, and I can't help but feel these people are about to get their just desserts.

The best possible decision would be for the AFL to withdraw from WADA. This body and its Australian representative have created a situation which has infringed on a national sporting institute and affected the lives of many Australians. It took ASADA 2 years to conclude that it did not have enough evidence to charge any Essendon players, it is one thing to be incompetent but another to be incompetent and play politics using the media to attempt to affect outcomes, which is what both sides did, however in the case of Essendon they were defending their administration and players while in the case of ASADA they were projecting their power.

I think Hird was an idiot and many in the administration of the Bombers were irresponsible nevertheless they did not break the law and that same incident is unlikely to happen again. I hope this is a lesson for all AFL clubs that the public will not put up with a certain level of extreme processes in the training and development of players fitness.

I am sick of this s**t and want to get back to the footy, the Bombers are a required team and club for the AFL, and it is time to move forward. If the WADA want to continue this meaningless projection of sports authority power then the AFL should pull out. I am confident* that the AFL can continue to monitor and ensure that proper due process is made clear to all clubs, that certain procedures and player welfare must be maintained and kept as a priority and that the Australian public will not accept an American-style "whatever it takes" attitude in this sport.

Yet if the AFL were so capable, and had exercised due diligence in the first place, we wouldn't be where we are now.

WHS laws don't allow for ignorence in the workplace, and it's being widely claimed in this instance by the AFL and EFC.

Thing is I think it's pretty clear Essendon did break the law. Between them and the AFL, they've tried everything to hide the truth here bar the Chewbacca defense.

Yep, Bomber was sufficiently concerned over the sheer scale of these injections that he raised questions, so it's reasonable to assume that any other sensible person would've done the same......unless they expected an answer they preferred not to know ;)

I reckon the verdict was pre-determined, and the corruption between the EFC and AFL is an offensive stench to the majority of supporters.

It's plain to see what went on here, but wide-eyed claims of surprised innocence, obstruction and sheer thumbing of the nose at ASADA is rife.

Let's hope Big Brother metes out what they deserve.
It depends on who has the better lawyers.
I wish there was testing available for TB4- the old samples could be dredged up and tested and this whole thing put to bed. Assume ALL players who were getting injected got this stuff, if not in actuality then at least the intent was there- and whack the lot of them.
And the club doctor who let it happen, with weak mumbles of protest, should go as well.
Notice as soon as he threatened to take it to court, out came the brooms again and more s**t got swept under the carpet. If the AFL weren't trying to hide anything or if the EFC weren't trying to hide anything, let him take them to court. He didn't even end up with a wrist slap.
Funny how so many others fell on their swords and were replaced by Hird supporters. If they believed everything was above board, why did they all resign?

It depends on who has the better lawyers.
I wish there was testing available for TB4- the old samples could be dredged up and tested and this whole thing put to bed. Assume ALL players who were getting injected got this stuff, if not in actuality then at least the intent was there- and whack the lot of them.
And the club doctor who let it happen, with weak mumbles of protest, should go as well.
Notice as soon as he threatened to take it to court, out came the brooms again and more s**t got swept under the carpet. If the AFL weren't trying to hide anything or if the EFC weren't trying to hide anything, let him take them to court. He didn't even end up with a wrist slap.
Funny how so many others fell on their swords and were replaced by Hird supporters. If they believed everything was above board, why did they all resign?

Agree with all that.

As a fan of the game, I just find the blatant, smug assumption of immunity to repercussion by the EFC, and the AFL's virtual condoning of it with their limp, timid response to be offensive, disgusting and insulting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back