2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Powell named at FF in East Perth's league squad.

Barrass at CHB, Brophy in a pocket, half forward line of Lucas, Sinclair and Waterman, Hutchings on ball and Main on an extended bench.

Basically leaves only Adamson in the reserves. Still no Karpany.

Why wouldn't they play Lucas on the ball?

It was bizarre last week. He clocked up possessions in the first qtr, but then Peel had most of it in the second. Lucas was playing on a half forward flank and saw nothing of it.
All I saw from Lucas were turnovers. Maybe that's why?

Bloke is seriously not up to it.

There's a new picture on the WCE Instagram of our rookies and recent draftees in a group with some kids. Karpany is the only one missing.

Has to be something going on.

Last edited:
There's a new picture on the WCE Instagram of our rookies and recent draftees in a group with some kids. Karpany is the only one missing.

Has to be something going on.
Hopefully, he's just been given time off for some family issues/events. Otherwise, I was right about him potentially becoming homesick quicker than other interstate recruits... Maybe, he'll do a bit better if he gets a shot with PA/AFC.

Why wouldn't they play Lucas on the ball?

It was bizarre last week. He clocked up possessions in the first qtr, but then Peel had most of it in the second. Lucas was playing on a half forward flank and saw nothing of it.

I would assume it's because that's where they seem him at AFL level. Having a game on the HF flank with very little supply is also something he has to get used to!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you watching the game? Have you seen him play? Did you know he was all Australian at AFL at 16 years? Because it sounds like you are just guessing.

Was just a smartarse comment ;)

He's still got a while to go getting used to the game. It has changed a lot since he last played.

Realistically, he was a free swing and hope. I think he will be lucky to play league this year and rightly so. The bloke needs a year or so to get back into the swing of things. Fitness is a big thing for him to work on.

Going by the score it was a poor effort all round by EP reserves.

This. Adamson didn't play well but he didn't leak much defensively and EP reserves are being exposed for talent and played like witches hats for the most part.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back