2nds WAFL/WAFL Reserves Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they have a choice? (not rhetorical).

Bad decision if they did.
I can't remember. I just thought it was the logical move given Perth were the other struggling club and the development at Lathlain. I'd find it hard to believe Perth weren't the Eagles' first choice.

Lucas is just far too brave and reckless for his own good :(

I can't remember. I just thought it was the logical move given Perth were the other struggling club and the development at Lathlain. I'd find it hard to believe Perth weren't the Eagles' first choice.
mmm. Makes perfect sense really. Cockburn/Peel/Dockers, Lathlain/Perth/Eagles.

I heard that all the clubs voted against reserves teams and for this reason the Eagles and Freo sought out teams privately to make the alignment.

Unsure if they approached Perth before East Perth though. From my understanding it took all the other teams by surprise, so they may of had a gentleman's agreement that they broke.

How's Big Tones playing?

Interested to hear about the reports on the game ... looks like Main is coming on well.
Barrass, Powell ... lots of promise amongst them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those watching, how have Tropiano and McKenna been for Perth? I know Trops gets a lops of the footy, but is he doing much with it? I've really liked McKenna lately.

Trops over uses it by hand and doesn't do all that much by foot. Not a bad football though. Just not definitive.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Interested to hear about the reports on the game ... looks like Main is coming on well.
Barrass, Powell ... lots of promise amongst them.

Main was solid. Had the best kick of the day to set up Powell on the lead. Was a 45m kick to space across the ground and you simply can't defend that sort of thing.

Another good game from Brophy as well.

Some people were saying Waterman's fitness was an issue, surely his finishing this game so strongly helps to dispel that?

Still cramped up in the last and didn't close the game out that well. Went looking for easier touches.

Did the typical Eagles fan thing and left early :D

Great opportunity to see some players you don't get much of a chance to see often. Love the look of Barrass and Waterman. Main grew in confidence as the game went on, he's a beautiful kick. Brophy and Powell both did some nice things.

Perth put a ton of work into Colledge particularly at the stoppages, so no surprise his possession count was well down. Pretty sure Liam McKenna followed him to the dunnies at half time.

Kyle Anderson's apparently kicked one goal in his career before today and outscored Perth on his own. Shanked a couple early but kept presenting and got plenty of delivery. At the start of the game I felt sorry for the Royals having to play a career defender at FF because we want Barrass and Sinclair doown back :p I wonder if Dawson had any idea how much of a presence he'd be up forward?

I'm pretty sure we asked them first and they knocked it back, then east perth accepted.

Can anyone tell me a bit about Waterman's progress?

His stat sheet for today looks good - how far off AFL level would he be?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me a bit about Waterman's progress?

His stat sheet for today looks good - how far off AFL level would he be?

Thanks

Really needs 2-3 pre-seasons to have good impact at AFL level but is the strong bodied inside mid we need. Gets his body in the right position and solid kick. Would like to see him get games this year, but as I said if he can get some athleticism he is going to be very good. Will certainly take Priddis' spot once he retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back