Dujon11

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays
Just watching the highlights on replay, I know Warner is no saint but you can't be sending someone off like that. Way over the line. Surely that bloke gets a game?

I really don't think it was that bad. Tension was a bit high after the big edge from Finch that was not given out. Little heated and fulled with a bit of emotion.

I like how the Aussies took it in their stride... when we do it it's those "bad bullying sledging Aussies"

Yeah, I posted a Roar article on reddit about how other people treat Australian sledging compared to other countries. Ridiculous, the thread became a hatefest with all the supporters of other nations saying that Australia deserve to be hated more than other nations, regardless of what an India/Pakistani/West Indian would say. Only Aussies agreed we were treated unfairly and the closest sympathy the supporters of other nations had were that England are equally 'ugly' on the field.

I like how the Aussies took it in their stride... when we do it it's those "bad bullying sledging Aussies"

Yeah, I posted a Roar article on reddit about how other people treat Australian sledging compared to other countries. Ridiculous, the thread became a hatefest with all the supporters of other nations saying that Australia deserve to be hated more than other nations, regardless of what an India/Pakistani/West Indian would say. Only Aussies agreed we were treated unfairly and the closest sympathy the supporters of other nations had were that England are equally 'ugly' on the field.

Turn it up. look at you blokes having a sook.

It was pretty clear that the incident that set things off was Aaron Finch's blatant edge that was given not out and then Warner having his 2 cents worth to the Bangladeshi's when he should have stayed away from it. What the * was Warner doing getting involved in it anyway? The Bangladeshis had a right to be pissed when a blatant edge like that is not given? Heck if Haddin was keeping it would have probably would have deflected to first slip like Broad's

We all know how people are treated when they edge one against the Aussies and don't walk don't we? half the country is outraged and people go on and on about it for months. Even the newspapers turn against them. When one of the Aussies does it - *radio silence* like it never happened and then to make it worse the batsman at the other end has a go at the opposition as well.

Last edited:
Turn it up. look at you blokes having a sook.

It was pretty clear that the incident that set things off was Aaron Finch's blatant edge that was given not out and then Warner having his 2 cents worth to the Bangladeshi's when he should have stayed away from it. What the **** was Warner doing getting involved in it anyway? The Bangladeshis had a right to be pissed when a blatant edge like that is not given? Heck if Haddin was keeping it would have probably would have deflected to first slip like Broad's

We all know how people are treated when they edge one against the Aussies and don't walk don't we? half the country is outraged and people go on and on about it for months. Even the newspapers turn against them. When one of the Aussies does it - *radio silence* like it never happened and then to make it worse the batsman at the other end has a go at the opposition as well. Piss off.
My problem is the victim mentality against the "big bad Australians". Perfectly exemplified above.

My problem is the victim mentality against the "big bad Australians". Perfectly exemplified above.
If you don't want to be treated like idiots, perhaps don't 'woof' when called a pack of dogs. That was bad.

As for sledging, most of this game is played above the neck and if other teams can't take it, it's not the Aussies fault.

If you don't want to be treated like idiots, perhaps don't 'woof' when called a pack of dogs. That was bad.

So the initial insult is okay and only the response is bad? Right.

As for sledging, most of this game is played above the neck and if other teams can't take it, it's not the Aussies fault.

Spot on.

Faf's comments were not on, completely wrong, but I would have liked it if the Aussies had shown that they were better than that.

I don't see how Faf's comments were out of line. It was an honest reply to a journalist. I'd rather that than the scripted bullshit that comes out of Clarke's mouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see how Faf's comments were out of line. It was an honest reply to a journalist. I'd rather that than the scripted bullshit that comes out of Clarke's mouth.

An honest reply is calling the opposition "a pack of dogs" ? :rolleyes:

I thought the "woofing" was hilarious. Stuck it to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back